Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To This One

Default New To This One

hey guys...this is actually the only ff ive nvr played ..but i just won a gba copy on ebay for 9.00...real excited to play it...anyways...what are some major things to look out for in the game so i dont miss or mess up nething..and also...whats the system in this game? (junctioning, materia, sphere grid)

^^i know its not the 3 in the parentheses ..just giving examples

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

Just make sure to wander everywhere you can. talk to a majority of folk. You don't want to miss any of the extra characters (or first necessary...), and the system is 'Esper'.

You don't get to use the system of the game till a few hours in when you get your first pieces of magicite, but basically the system works like this, you get these little rocks called magicite which are the condensed versions of magical beings, Espers, you equip one to a character and then you can summon that Esper once in a fight, but notably as you win fights you get AP (or something similar I forget the name at the moment) which goes into teaching your character spells associated with that Esper.

For example Bismarck teaches you Bolt, Fire, and Ice at a rate of X20, meaning for every AP you get, you have learned 20% of those spells. When you hit 100% your character knows the spell and can cast it.

Also some Espers give you stat bonuses on level up if you equip them. So a lot of people use that when they level characters to try and max out their stats as much as they can.

Hopefully that all made sense.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suggest that you check this playthrough.

The only thing that's horribly important that you remember is when you're on the floating continent. Go up to the edge twice and choose not to leave, then wait for the timer to run out.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

KoShiatar knows the score.

This game is very open-ended for the second half of the game so you don't have to worry so much about missing things. And if you do miss something, no worries. You'll just have to play it again, which is always worth it.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)The time is 6:10:50
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

wow..thanx for the info all of u...if anyone else knows of anything...please reply...as i will be checking this thread everyday up until my copy of ff6 comes in the mail...lol:D

WOW!!!! 8)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

VI features the largest cast of playable characters in an FF. They are all really good and most of them are broken. I recommend switching out and trying new party combinations. Don't neglect too many characters as the game has dungeons that require you to use most of the cast.

Relics are another system in the game. They are basically accessaries that add additional bonuses but many can dramatically change a characters ply style or grant new abilities (Example: Dragoon Boots change the Fight command to Jump, and the Genji Gloves grant the ability to Dual Wield). Their pretty limited in the beginning but after awhile you can really start customizing your party.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I agree. I think that it is important to utilize all of the characters at some point or another because there are a handful of dungeons where the characters split up into several teams, so you will be caught off guard if you have neglected some of your characters.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

Gau is not worth the trouble... Trust me
    Utilize Locke's speed...
    Pay attention to what esper you have equiped and the corresponding bonuses...
    Beware of my look a like!

Get Gau Stray Cat before you leave the Veldt and he's a god. Cat Scratch is an awesome skill that does more damage then anything else at that level. Though the names are more then likely different in the Advanced version.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I suggest keeping your levels as low as possible until you beat the Magitech facility.

That way you can take full advantage of the espers level up bonus's.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I suggest keeping your levels as low as possible until you beat the Magitech facility.

That way you can take full advantage of the espers level up bonus's.
    is this really true and helpful?...and at what points in the story do i need to watch for ..so i dont miss extra characters

WOW!!!! 8)

Don't bother. That's really not necessary.

See, at that point, you get Magicite, and Magicite makes stronger when you level up, so the more levels you gain holding Magicite, the stronger you'll get.

However, the eariest espers you get don't really do very much, and it's not like there's a noticeable difference by the end of the game if you suppress your level until you get Magicite.

So yeah. Don't worry about that. :P