Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who misses the old days?

The PS1 is kinda old for me since i was born in the early 90s, but i still played NES and the SNES over it.

But the PS1 was awesome since I have most of my Final Fantasies on it, the Resident Evil series, Chrono Trigger (Pfft i hate Chrono Cross) and I don't really remember what else I played on it. Nothing worth mentioning. Note that i didn't actually find MGS until the PS2 days.
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

To this day I would say the Super Nintendo is the greatest system ever. However the DS is about equal with it now, being able to play GBA games and many of the great SNES games being remade as well as many other new awesome games and other remakes. The DS library (with GBA) is only missing a few great games to make it surpass the SNES

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Old days = spending hours of your life waisting away in front of LoZ and Mario 3

Old Day = NES or GTFO!
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolentrean View Post
    Old days = spending hours of your life waisting away in front of LoZ and Mario 3

Old Day = NES or GTFO!
    Yeah, and some would say Commodore 64 or GTFO. It's all relative to your age.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

um, TI-99 ftw?

hunt the wumpus, guys 8)

I wouldn't call it the old days either, but the PS1 was an excellent console. The depth of its library was astonishing, and the classics are great fun to go back to today. Plus, who could say no to all those FFs?
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    who could say no to all those FFs?
    Nazi terrorist who hunt babies for sport. Duh :rolleyes2
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

I also sometimes miss the PS1 era, I wouldn't call it the old days either, though. The old days systems to me are NES, SNES and Genesis mainly. What still makes me remember the PS age was all those new exciting games being released. It felt like there was a wave of high quality games that had astonishing graphics for their time and experimented with the then still new 3D elements. And it was also the time RPGs thrived most, following Final Fantasy VII's release.

Playstation/N64, now there were some good days. As well as with the Super Nintendo. Hell, any day before today was a good day.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Even though the PS1 era wasn't the oldest of days, it's still pretty old days.. at least to me, also even though I played a lot of NES back in the days. I don't know whether the PS1 had better games than the PS2, or if it's just me being nostalgic, but I also miss the PS1 days with all the great games coming out (The three FFs, Metal Gear Solid, the first Tekkens, Tomb Raider etc.). I'm sure me being a kid at that point had a lot to do with the PS1 and its games seeming more magical and exciting than most games tend to do these days.

EDIT: Talking about gaming and nostalgia, here's a clip from Gametrailers.com (Top 10 list of the best years of gaming) that's sure to make you feel at least somewhat nostalgic, and maybe also old. It sure made me feel both.
    Last edited by Breine; 04-26-2008 at 10:22 AM.

I'd consider the PS1 pretty old by now, it was released when, 13 years ago? My opinion of it is simple, best console of all time.

When I think of the old days I think of renting countless Megadrive games from Blockbuster and attempting to beat them before returning. Good thing was that it was very likely that you would beat them in a dedicated 2 days.

Ahh, the Commodore 64 and Bomb Jack.

PS1 is still pretty old for me. Twas awesome.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

I'd say the PS1 isn't the old days, but everyone else has.

Anyway, that generation of gaming, along with the one before it, were awesomeness. I don't really miss them, since I can always go back and play them. Also, you can always look back and find a great RPG that you missed. I hardly ever see anyone mention Legend of Mana, and it was pretty awesome. Go play Legend of Mana, you guys.

My first gaming experience was on my best friends Commodore Amiga 500 almost 20 years ago...Eventually his parents decided to move the computer out of their house because we couldn't stop playing (i became their adopted son for that period).After that we started to go secretly to arcades where we spend all of our pocket money so his parents regreted it after a while and brought the computer back into his house!
    But yes,i also consider the PS1 era as the "old days",i think it was the time i became seriously hardcore about gaming and i really miss those days.Lately i find my self playing more PS1 games than current gen games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Go play Legend of Mana, you guys.
    lol Yeah, I've been meaning to pick that up for a looong time. That, and Saga Frontier 2. You're definitely right: there's pretty much always something you've missed, and it's always nice to go back and experience something new on an old console.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker