View Poll Results: What do you think of Alundra 1?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!

11 84.62%
  • Good

1 7.69%
  • Okay

1 7.69%
  • Not Good

0 0%
  • Bad!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bought Alundra 1!!

Default I just bought Alundra 1!!

Alundra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alundra 1 is a 1998 Playstation 1 action rpg that's like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past but with extremely hard puzzles. It's developed by a lot of the same development team as the Genesis mid 90's action rpg Landstalker and is very similar to that game.

I originally got Alundra 1 as a gift in 1998 and loved it. I was unable to beat it though because it's one of the hardest rpg's ever made and I didn't have a strategy guide. I eventually sold the game. I've been wanting for years to get it again. In the last two years my demand for this game has been high but I've always been busy with other rpg's.

I finally beat those rpg's and on Friday three days ago I ordered Alundra 1 on Ebay. I was unable to find a new copy but I found a mint edition copy for $50, which I bought. I also bought a new unopened strategy guide(Working Designs version) on Ebay also. The strategy guide came today and it's great! The game hopefully will arrive this week and I can play it!

This game has been in my mind for years and I'm pretty excited for it to arrive. I'm right now listening to the soundtrack. You can download some Alundra 1 music including unreleased tracks if you search on FF shrine's music forums.

Who else has played this game and what do you think of it?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Blog Entries

Best game everz!

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Its awesome... Its not THAT hard. I had to cheat and get the good sword for the final boss, but thats it.

I remember sitting in class and solving one of the puzzles by jotting it down on the back of a book It'd been driving me crazy up until then...

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's like the old top-down Zeldas, except I actually love Alundra.

And yeah, it's hard as nails imo. Hate to admit it but I used a strategy guide more for this game than any other I can recall.

Never played it. I've played a bit of Alundra II and it was alright. I really need to work on beating it someday.
    This space intentionally left blank.

i voted great cause there was no "teh winz"

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Yes yes yes very very very good game.

It's a great game. I wish I could find a copy of it.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I just figured out why I never get things done. You guys keep bringing up awesome games and I keep going back and replaying them.

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    I just figured out why I never get things done. You guys keep bringing up awesome games and I keep going back and replaying them.
    It's all an evil plot made just to keep you trapped in time oddler.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Like Im my own Milf said, its baisically Zelda but.......better. Some of the later dungeons were a nightmare. All worth it though.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 04-29-2008 at 06:20 PM.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I love it so much. One of my first games ever, it makes me feel all nostalgic

I think it's hiding in the attic somewhere...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I love good Zelda-style games and I've never played it so I'll have to check this out.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say it's just Zelda but better. The main thing in each dungeon for a Zelda game is where you go next, like a Labyrinth. The puzzles simply offer no challenge, with the exception of a few Ice-Block puzzles. However, Alundra has a larger focus on puzzles than trying to figure out where you're going, which is something I definitely prefer. Also, I really like how it looks in general.

Yea the game was amazing! The game shipped on Monday from North Carolina via USP Priority Mail. Which means it's scheduled to arrive today or tomorrow. It's already very late today so it's not arriving, I'll have to wait till tomorrow. It's probably good that it arrives tomorrow since today I was extremely busy.

I'm so excited about this, I can't wait. Oh by the way I got in the mail the other day a new unopened copy of the Final Fantasy XII soundtrack(Limited Edition version!)! It's so great!! I've been listening to this soundtrack over and over, it sounds much better on my pc than my tv. I've been listening to the Alundra 1 soundtrack over and over on my pc. I also have the mp3 for the video for the first of the two intro opening movies for the Usa version of the game. That video plays with anime scenes and gameplay scenes and it has great rock music.

This game is so great I want more people to know of it and play it. I'll let you know more information about my thoughts when I get the game in the mail. I hope I get it tomorrow but I don't know if it will arrive. Great game!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008