View Poll Results: What do you think of Alundra 1?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!

11 84.62%
  • Good

1 7.69%
  • Okay

1 7.69%
  • Not Good

0 0%
  • Bad!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just bought Alundra 1!!

Um, you do know that Alundra is a pretty well known game, right? So, trying to spread the word about it is good and all but a lot of people already know about it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Very lovely game =]

Great game. I know it took me quite a while to beat it but I did it eventually. I hope you'll have lots of fun with it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Um, you do know that Alundra is a pretty well known game, right? So, trying to spread the word about it is good and all but a lot of people already know about it.
    Why not just talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    What the hell's Alundra?
    This space intentionally left blank.

The game arrived today!! My Ebay seller is true to the word, the game is in MINT condition!!! It's been opened but other than that is in mint condition! It includes a world map also, which is pretty nice, although my strategy guide has a better map.

I played two and half hours of Alundra 1 so far today. I realized though that I can't save the game on a Playstation 2 memory card. I need to buy a Playstation 1 memory card to save my game. Now, with my strategy guide, I won't be stuck on those puzzles anymore!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Awww lucky bugger! Well I hope you enjoy it! =)

This is great, I'm 10 hours into the game and I love it! I think the game is 40-45 hours long based on how many pages I've done in the walkthrough. I haven't gotten to stuff that I haven't played before yet. When I originally owned the game I think I got stuck on The Reptile's Lair. Not this time though since I have the official strategy guide!

It includes developers interviews, here's one...

Scenario Writer - Ichiro Tezuka
    Q. What is the reason for setting the story in these two worlds?
    A. I, myself, wanted to write a story based on a dream. While I was thinking about it, I got an offer for Alundra. I thought it would be fun to have an RPG with the setting in nightmares and dungeons. For example, if you are talking about the twins' dreams, there will be two maps resembling each other and they would also be connected.

Q. The scenario for Alundra is pretty religious, isn't it?
    A. The religion is something that people can rely on. I believe that the strongest feeling in the human heart is "to believe." I wanted to focus on that feeling and make the story more real, but I was also worried that it would be too realistic for a game. I myself am not sure that there is a god.

Q. "Death and Creation" is the key to the game, isn't it?
    A. I feel that everyone wants to escape their reality sometimes. Inventing a machine, or creating something... Those are results of that feeling, I think, and I wanted to express that in this game. I wanted to make a hero get an item in a very convincing way. That is why I have used the method of death and creation...

Profile:
    After workias a game writer, Ichiro Tezuka has made his debut as a novelist with "The songg for teh last Dragon (Saigo No Ryu Ni Sasageru Uta)." He is also involved in writing the scenario like "The Ring of Sainas", among others.

...also there is a little snippet of text that says: "This story is based on death, creation, and religion is written by Mr. Tezuka. Mr. Tezuka has an established reputation for writing about the dark side of mankind.". There is an arrow from this little snippet of text that points to a screenshot of the game. In the screenshot Alundra is standing in a house in Inoa Village talking with Sierra and there is a young girl also there, can't remember her name. Sierra says: "Nothing would break my heart more than the betrayal of someone I loved."

Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I only thought it was awesome because I was obsessed with animu at the time. But I was in 7th grade so I'll forgive myself.
    I like Kung-Fu.

! I've been progressing in the game quite nicely recently. I'm currently 1/3 done with the final level! I will stop that for a moment, and do whatever sidequests I can. Then I'll finish the game. I probably have 4-5 hours left in the game, it should be almost 40 hours long, excellent! I originally thought it was going to be 20-25 hours long. The game is amazing! I feel sad to finish the game though. !!!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Make sure to pick up Alundra II. Still a good game despite what people will tell you.

Yea I'll check it out. I'll check out related titles made by a partially similar development team...

Landstalker
    Lady Stalker
    Dark Savior
    Time Stalkers
    Alundra 1(already playing)
    Alundra 2
    Dual Hearts

Is Dual Hearts good?

EDIT:
    I just beat Alundra 1!!!

The game was amazing! I've been waiting for years to finally beat this game. Here's my review for Alundra 1...

Story - 10/10
    Characters - 10/10
    Graphics - 9/10
    Music - 9/10
    Controls - 10/10
    Battle System - 10/10
    Sidequests - 9/10
    Overall: 9/10

I really liked the game!! It took 39 hours to beat the game and I did around half of the sidequests, I was unable to finish some of the rest because through errors playing the game I couldn't access a secret area. The final battles were very difficult, especially the last one, until I found out that I can use the Fire Book and beat the final boss easily. I recommend this game to everyone! Anybody who liked The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past but wants extremely hard puzzles and a dark story should pick up Alundra 1! Anybody else who beat the game please post your thoughts on it!
    p.s. I'm buying Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core today, finally!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008