Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonel Volgin vs. Tifa Lockheart

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Tifa has Materia.

and that stungun belonged to a level 150 boss fiend, remember that =]!

No matter what materia Tifa uses, she still can't stand up to Volgin. As has been stated, he's physically stronger than her, and he can fire bullets sans gun. But then again, he's dead, so Tifa wins by default.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    No matter what materia Tifa uses, she still can't stand up to Volgin. As has been stated, he's physically stronger than her, and he can fire bullets sans gun. But then again, he's dead, so Tifa wins by default.
    Tifa can suplex a mothersmurfing dragon.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Tifa can suplex a mothersmurfing dragon.
    *triangle click!*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    *triangle click!*
    *doesn't get it*

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    *triangle click!*
    *doesn't get it*
    Sorta like "mhm, you go girl~" or "quite corrent" but nicer :3

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Who's Colonel Volgin?
    Only the awesomest awesome boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. ^.^
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Who's Colonel Volgin?
    Only the awesomest awesome boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. ^.^
    Yep.
    Just look what he did to Raiden.
    YouTube - MGS 3 Secret Theater - Metal Gear Raiden Snake Eraser

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I love it how people think that Volgin is stonger then Tifa... I got one question for you, how do you know?

Dont go off saying that he's a man and therefor stronger if Tifa can match damage with all the other people off FFVII when she alone uses her fists I would say she is damned strong.

Tifa FTW

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~Master Yoda~ View Post
    Dont go off saying that he's a man and therefor stronger
    I don't think anyone's made that claim - it's not because he's a man, but because he's three times her size. Check his upper body and arm muscle development: the guy's enormous and at least 6'6 tall. People are also favouring him because he has a ten million volt electric current in his body that he can manipulate at will. If MGS3 and FFVII took place in the same world, Volgin would be vastly stronger than Tifa, in physical terms. However, Tifa lives in a completely different fantasy world, and she's clearly immensely strong in that world. Her relatively small frame and lesser muscle mass aren't a setback like they ordinarily would be.

I'd say he's stronger than Tifa for a couple reasons:

-he lifted the entire Davey Crockett rifle and warhead easily with one hand. Recoilless rifles of that size in real life are about 300-400 pounds IIRC.

He also punched through armor thick enough that it wasn't even scratched by RPG-7 rounds.

Did I mention he also keeps rifle rounds on his knuckles? He uses them in conjunction with his punches so that when he hits you, he makes the round explode...it's a punch + a bullet right to the face.

Anyone else remember when Volgin groped EVA'S breasts while simultaneously electrocuting her? Awesome.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Master Yoda~ View Post
    Dont go off saying that he's a man and therefor stronger
    I don't think anyone's made that claim - it's not because he's a man, but because he's three times her size. Check his upper body and arm muscle development: the guy's enormous and at least 6'6 tall. People are also favouring him because he has a ten million volt electric current in his body that he can manipulate at will. If MGS3 and FFVII took place in the same world, Volgin would be vastly stronger than Tifa, in physical terms. However, Tifa lives in a completely different fantasy world, and she's clearly immensely strong in that world. Her relatively small frame and lesser muscle mass aren't a setback like they ordinarily would be.
    sorry but I have to dissagree there, he isnt anywhere near 3 times her size from this picture

I would say he is slightly bigger then Loz

and yet Tifa magaes to whoop his ass, and lets not forget in the fight with Loz she moves increadibly fast, possibly fast enough to hand Volgin's ass to him before he even thinks about it, this girl can be thrown across the room at super fast speed and manage to recover.

Sorry but no way can his electric make him a winner, if Snake can beat him with CQC (yes I did it myself) at his slow speed Tifa would be all over Volgin like a rash.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, if you actually weighed Volgin and Tifa, there'd be a huge difference. Tifa would probably weigh about 120 lb/60 kg or so, at the most. Volgin, on the other hand, would be at least twice that. He's far taller than Big Boss, who's hardly a midget.

In-game battle mechanics really need to be left aside from this kind of discussion, since they naturally defy reality: for example, Big Boss surviving countless bullet wounds and explosions throughout MGS3's gameplay, including shotgun blasts to the face or groin, when we know that he "really" lost his eye to the muzzle flash of a single bullet, as shown via a cutscene.

I argued in my first post that Tifa could theoretically beat Volgin, via her skill and the unnatural strength she exhibits in the FF world. We know for a fact (via Dirge of Cerberus) that she can take on gun-wielding soldiers and prevail. However, 'ability to win a fight' and 'strength' aren't the same thing. If both characters existed in the same fictional universe (instead of different worlds where different rules apply), then Volgin would be far stronger.

Tifa lost to Loz in Advent Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    How about you state who YOU think would win first, so we can just reluctantly acquiesce and avoid you getting all bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you?
    Now now. I am all for debate if knowledge is obtained in it.
    I only get bent out of shape if you will if people say the same old facts and nothing is gained and it's clear people are just arguing for the sake of argument. There's no point in such waste.

But since you asked kinda nicely: I say Volgin wins.

Reasons:

Tifa has the definite speed and skill edge. Volgin is strong but still a brawler. See his little torturing of Naked Snake:
    YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Greasy Freebooter

However, Volgin has the strength, toughness and suerpowers edge.

For strength:
    YouTube - Volgin Shagohod Boss Battle

That armor wasn't even dented by C3 and RPG rounds. Volgin punched through it easily.

For superpowers, Volgin has 10,000,000 volts of electricity in his body. He has a forcefield he can raise to protect himself as well as shoot lightning. Plus his bullet trick:
    YouTube - Volgin Firing Bullets

For toughness, see the Strength video...he was hit by lightning after being blasted by an RPG-7 and he didn't even fall down. It took well over 20 rounds of ammo exploding inot his body to kill him.

So, with his superior strength and the fact Tifa never showed she could dodge or deflect bullets like Cloud, I think Volgin would win. And then Tifa ends up like EVA...I hope she likes it that way.

Volgin is also gay, keep that in mind.
    Someone doesn't remember Volgin taking EVA/Tanya to his room multiple times.
    Never really looked at it like that, i was gonna say Tifa, but...Volgin ftw.