Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Band Website

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Band Website

My husband's band changed their name, so I had to make them a new website. It has no content, but it's pretty so .

Tell me it's pretty, dammit!

Blackbird Murder

BTW, a flock of blackbirds is called a murder. Duh.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

who the hell misspelled 'coming' >:[

it would be pretty if I could read the links~~~~

Blog Entries

Perhaps changing the font! The other is fine but the font looks too gothic and emo

Yeah, kind of hard to read. It does look pretty though.
    But it would be much prettier if it adhered to web standards. You can ignore this criticism if you want to, though

Blog Entries

Actually a flock of crows is called a murder. Blackbirds are a member of the thrush family.

Nice design though!
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The scrollbar sticks out right now. I would set up a style for it so it blends in with the rest of the site more.
    Figaro Castle

That style would only be visible with Internet Explorer though. Seeing that Firefox's market share is steadily increasing it wouldn't do much good.

Blog Entries

I'f you're using css you should add the body colours into the css too, it'll look a lot neater and you'll have more control. Same with the fonts. It saves looking for the line of code when you can just quickly access the css if anything needs changing.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Looks cool but the black scrollbar only shows up when I browse the website in IE.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Hideous scrollbar is hideous

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian View Post
    Yeah, kind of hard to read. It does look pretty though.
    But it would be much prettier if it adhered to web standards. You can ignore this criticism if you want to, though
    Elaborate.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

I think the design is very nice.

The main thing I'd recommend is using CSS to tidy up the code, but hey - it's not code I'm going to be developing, so whatever suits you more.
    Maybe it would be a good idea to use a <div style="width: 813px; height: 406px; overflow: auto;"> to deal with the scrolling part of the page. Frames lead to unpredictable behaviour of the browser, like back buttons not working and if you wanted to include Javascript, you could easily get into strife.

EDIT: The current code does adhere to web standards. The only thing that is missing is the DOCTYPE declaration at the top of the source, but that in no way affects the rendering of the page.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

dammit, I don't trust myself to quote shlup's post without erasing all of her post again, so uh, just going to use quickreply xD

Your New Best Friend (or worst enemy)
    [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://blackbirdmurder.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    EDIT: The current code does adhere to web standards. The only thing that is missing is the DOCTYPE declaration at the top of the source, but that in no way affects the rendering of the page.
    My mistake then. I only did a quick check of the code and saw no doctype. A missing DOCTYPE declaration can affect the rendering of the website though, as browsers will render the website in quirks mode then. Also see here: Activating Browser Modes with Doctype

The div-solution instead of a real frame would get my support, too.