Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

E-Commerce specialty stores and subscriptions usually disallow VISA, MasterCard, and American Express gift cards because it can allow a consumer to dodge a continuity sales model.

If your debit card or savings card does not have a cardholder name or a billing address, it cannot be used to purchase anything online as these are two of several important components to an online transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude1972 View Post
    The thing is it won't work...it's a VISA Debit Gift Card..is that bad?
    Yes. The purpose of a VISA Debit Gift Card is to disassociate the source of the money. VISA Debit Gift Cards may have a certain limit set to its funds before its expiration, or it may not be able to be charged. Most vendors online will disallow this type of card to be used in a transaction because you would essentially be able to legitimately pay any upfront costs, yet when the vendor, hypothetically, attempts to charge you again, they may be left with a loss as the gift card is not tied to any bank account or credit account.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    They're not gift cards.
    The VISA Debit Gift Card is a gift card — the other type of card referenced is a type of debit card probably meant to teach minors the values of saving and spending money.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    They're not gift cards.
    The VISA Debit Gift Card is a gift card — the other type of card referenced is a type of debit card probably meant to teach minors the values of saving and spending money.
    [strike]Except that the original poster never said anything about it being a gift card.[/strike]

EDIT: I only saw his original post that didn't say gift, but have just been shown his other post that did say gift. My apologies.

Just so you know I actually thought we were talking about visa debit cards
    Last edited by Rostum; 05-07-2008 at 12:09 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."