Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remake of Metal Gear Solid for the PS3?

Default Remake of Metal Gear Solid for the PS3?

The original game has already been remade for the GameCube, but this new trailer shows that they might be working on a remake of the game for the PS3 as well. Take a look, it's awesome and rather titillating

Also, Kojima: "Dij yu liek it?" xD

Anyway, discuss.

I dont want a second remake of MGS1, I want MGS4.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Umm, I think one remake is more than enough.

I want new games, not the same thing over and over with better graphics.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

I'm wondering if they're actually releasing a remake, or if it's just going to be part of MGS4. Hmm...

Either way, I bet they'll use MGS4's gameplay mechanics to an advantage while going through. Also, the beginning had an alternate entrance.

I'm thinking Snake's going to have dreams periodically during the course of MGS4. Probably whenever he gets in that Helicopter, since he wouldn't sleep at any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I'm wondering if they're actually releasing a remake, or if it's just going to be part of MGS4. Hmm...
    I highly doubt they created that just to tease us. We know that MGS4 will take place in Shadow Moses at some point so that was obviously a section taken from it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I highly doubt they created that just to tease us. We know that MGS4 will take place in Shadow Moses at some point so that was obviously a section taken from it.
    I don't think so. It showed Young Snake in that video. Then there's Roto's link.

Looks to me like it might be from MGS4. That Heliport's deserted, and the approach is nothing like Snake's normal entry from the lift. Sure, Snake's got dark hair in this clip, but he's also got long hair, an AK and the OctoCamo suit, and those are both more consistent with MGS4 than MGS1.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, because I really didn't like Twin Snakes' take on the original game. Not that another remake would necessarily have the same problems, just that the PS1 version of MGS is still a great game, and I doubt I'd buy a remake of a game I've completed many times before.

Hideo looks so pleased with himself. xD
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

They're optional scenes from MGS 4. Pay attention, people. :P

If that's the case it's actually pretty cool and quite a good idea - mainly because MSG4 will be the last game in the series and a trip down memory lane and getting nostalgic is always nice.

The first thought when i saw this thread was, "Why would they release a remake of MGS1 when the MGS collection with 1,2, and 3 are out for PS2?"

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, that'll be an interesting addition to MGS4 - depending on just how far they go with it. Snake Eater had an optional 'dream mini-game', so it'll be neat to seat that again

Though, is anyone else bothered by them replacing the MGS1 movement with MGS4's "running around in a crouch that looks like it'd screw up your back after a minute" malarkey? Not sure why they'd go to the trouble of re-writing that.

Still, it'll be cool to find out just how much of the old game can be replayed. Same goes for MGS2 - maybe we'll see more of what 'Plissken' was up to while Raiden was busy with his matrimonial disputes...

the first one will always be my fav

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Same goes for MGS2 - maybe we'll see more of what 'Plissken' was up to while Raiden was busy with his matrimonial disputes...
    That'd be really cool

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    They're optional scenes from MGS 4. Pay attention, people. :P
    You mean the optional refreshers from your link? Because of the octocamo, snake walking through a snowfield before coming up to the helipad, the area being deserted, him having an automatic rifle that isn't a FAMAS, I'm more inclined to agree with Cz.

The scene from the trailer that shows Liquid and Snake in metal gears was stated to be at a location "very nostalgic for MGS veterans". Looking at the scenery, there's really only 1 area it could be. The fact that it's Young Snake doesn't surprise me, as one of the invitees from the MGS4 bootcamp said that the younger version we saw in one of the japanese trailers does in fact have a role to play in the game.

As far as a remake of MGS is concerned, I think maybe Ryan Payton or someone else stated that because it cost so much to build the MGS4 engine, they almost have no choice but to use it for future projects in order to recoup. I think a MGS remake is possible, but I would much rather have it of the original two games, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, that would be something great and worth buying. The original MGS is still a great game, and everyone who owns a PS3 is able to play it already. I have to say that in its simplicity, it was able to get to the essence of infiltration better.