Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I play FF I?

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I thought that the PSP version had Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II in the same package.
    No they don't. You can buy them together, but they are seperate UMD's for the PSP.

I don't really know what to say about your problem hh1dluv. I enjoy FF I personally, but sounds like you wouldn't really like it. I still think you should give it a go though. If you don't like it and you're at least 2 hours in, then you can put it down.
    Last edited by SerenadeDS; 01-17-2010 at 01:59 AM.

I'd like to say that FF V is very good, too. I really enjoyed it, and it's hard to say whether FF IV is better. After all, FF V has Gligamesh!

As for FF I, don't mind that there's little story. After all, it was the game that started the series, gave a whole new idea to the RPG world. It's good to know the origins of the games you like.

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

If you're looking for a good RPG challenge, play it. It's short, it's fun, it's simple, and it's also just as hard as IV (unless you play an easy remake).

If you're looking for a story/characters, go somewhere else. Read a book. Watch a movie. Play another FF. It's all about the combat and stat development here. It sounds to me like you'd hate it.

Also, I should add that my first was IV. I got lost in that game for days at a time, it was pretty thrilling. After that, they do lose their 'zing.' Just because you've seen the same thing enough times.

The thing is, FFI HAS a very intricate story that will make you think, but it's hidden to the point where you can almost ignore it completely... so play the game, looks up the story, play it again, and be confused. (I darn well was)

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Its the FIRST FINAL FANTASY. now go and play it, Infidel!..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

You'll pretty much hate FF1. As arcandude said, there is a story but you have to look for it. If you don't it's pretty much four nameless warriors going out to save the universe from some crazy villain.

Actually, I'm going to play FF1 now.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

It holds a certain value in it being the true origin of the long running series, and allows you an insightful view upon the various cameos and pseudo-historical aspects of the Final Fantasy series as a whole.

Additionally, the fact that the numbers and numerous facets of the game are made much smaller, more precise, and generally simply different feeling than much of the newer Final Fantasy titles, it would be worth it simply for that aspect, I think.

And although much the front story is simply an eternal fetch quest drawn out to ridiculous proportions (Get this->This->This->Ad infinitum), the underlying principles behind the story and the character's (mainly enemy's) motivations are something to look into. They are obscure and sometimes disappointing, but if you look closely, you will realize how sacrificial the ending of the story of Final Fantasy I truly is.