Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I pissed my girlfriend off.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I admire your brutal honesty, but women need to be lied to every day to appease them.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it were the other way around, guys wouldn't take kindly to those comments either. So it's not about girls being overly sensitive or not appreciating honesty, it's about tactfulness and consideration of a person's feelings.

She never asked you if you ever regretted not boning this chick, she simply asked if you ever did. Why you would offer that extra tactless info is beyond me.

Blog Entries

She doesn't understand the concept that you can love another woman beforehand

If it were the other way around, guys wouldn't take kindly to those comments either.
    I wouldn't give a monkeys, tbh

there was a picture here

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin

I think ignoring you for 3 days is over dramatic.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh good God, "sadly"? Rookie mistake, man.

But she should also understand that people in general like to have sex, and that it's unlikely you'd have never thought sexy thoughts about someone other than her. Read her mind and I bet you'll find she's a hypocrite.

Still, it coulda been worse. You could've cried out Sarah's name during. :laugh:

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's all about being tactful, my cousin told me. You just used the wrong words.
    You really can't speak your mind in a relationship.
    No, I wasn't being lectured about sex, we were being lectured about communication. ;]
    placeholder_text.jpeg

The real problem here isn't that you ever found any other girl attractive in your life, but that you basically said you have some regret about being in a relationship with your girlfriend.

Does your head make a rattling sound when you nod?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

For future reference: "No, Sarah was an ugly whore and a self-obsessed slag and she meant nothing to me compared to the meaningful connection you and I share. Before I met you I was so lonely and didn't feel like I belonged anywhere, but now I feel spiritually together with you. Now shut up and show me your tits."

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You forgot the '' smiley, Psy. Other than that, good work!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    For future reference... your girlfriend has to be #1. Period. No one else exists.
    QFT.

It's about us wanting to feel extra special to someone, and if we can't even feel that way from our boyfriend, it's a HUGE blow to the female ego. We need to be #1 in terms of non-family member females, and there's a problem if we aren't. By that I don't necessarily mean that you should only be with us and no other, but I mean that if we're in tears because a family member or a beloved pet died, your female friends can wait and will completely understand if you say "I can't hang out right now because my girl's cat just died and she's REALLY sad because she's had this cat since she was 10 and she raised it from a kitten," because they know that if they were going through the same thing, they'd want their boyfriend to be there too.

What you did, Casey, was really stupid. ALWAYS think about what you're going to say before you say it. We CAN take things too personally/the wrong way sometimes, I won't lie. I've had that happen with me and Alan a lot, and I always feel really silly when I find out what he really meant...He's misunderstood some things I've said and done as well, so really, it's not just us.

Guys say stupid things before thinking, girls take things too personally and misunderstand some things, it just happens. All we can do to solve this is learn how to communicate clearly. She needs to learn to ask if you meant what she thinks you meant before jumping to conclusions, but you also need to learn how to word things so that she will understand clearly. You have to think, it was probably tough for her to ask that because she may have been unsure of if she wanted to know or not, in case it was the answer she was thinking it was, and that is the one you answered with.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
    Girlfriend: What do you mean, 'sadly'?
    Me: Well, she is pretty. It would've been nice if I did her before we started going out.
    The correct answer would've been, "If I had actually been going out with Sarah, I would've regretted never being intimate with her. But since you and I have each other, there's nothing to be sad about in the least, and Sarah never crosses my mind."

Thinking about what you said before... to your girlfriend, it would've sounded like you were saying, "I'm sad that I'm going out with you, because I'd rather be having sex with Sarah. At this very minute."
    Or even easier, you know, you could have just said 'No, I didn't.' and left it at that. Saying 'sadly' was a pretty dumb thing to say IMO.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Like I said, women need lies to be appeased.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
    Girlfriend: What do you mean, 'sadly'?
    Me: Well, she is pretty. It would've been nice if I did her before we started going out.
    The correct answer would've been, "If I had actually been going out with Sarah, I would've regretted never being intimate with her. But since you and I have each other, there's nothing to be sad about in the least, and Sarah never crosses my mind.

Hah! That is in <i>no</i> way the right answer. That says "I wish I were dating Sarah instead of you. / You're my fallback girlfriend."

She asked you a loaded question, and if she didn't want to hear what you had to say, it was her fault. Yes, the "sadly" was tactless, but she set herself up. I personally think she needs to chill a bit.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The most important rule ever!

Your girlfriend is the prettiest, funniest, most important thing ever ever and all other girls are REPULSIVE and ICKY.

Repeat that to yourself as many times as necessary.

Women are confusing creatures and half the time aren't worth the trouble.

*insert sexist comment here*