Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I pissed my girlfriend off.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*shakes head*

thats just stupid man..

I wonder how it would be it was the other way around, with the girl saying something like that about an ex.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Uh, no. Lie to me and you'll know what trouble really is. Lumping women together and making stereotypical, denigrating remarks ain't cool.
    Obviously you have no idea just how much guys lie in that case. We lie constantly. About almost everything. It just makes our lives easier to just lie all the time. In my experience being completely honest, as this topic illustrates quite nicely, is not what women in general want.

(SPOILER)Also if I get another argument pointing out the lack of semantics in my statements that don't explicitly exclude a small percentage I'm going to break something. I get this counter-argument all the time. Yes, I know that not everyone is the same, you don't need to point it out to me. Also it's general chat, lighten up, srsly.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    (SPOILER)Also if I get another argument pointing out the lack of semantics in my statements that don't explicitly exclude a small percentage I'm going to break something. I get this counter-argument all the time. Yes, I know that not everyone is the same, you don't need to point it out to me. Also it's general chat, lighten up, srsly.
    [caveman]Man win thread. Man lols.[/caveman]

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

CMP people are calling you out on your utter bullcrap, not on semantic arguments. There is no way to spin "All guys lie to girls, all the time, and it's the only way girls are ever happy." in any kind of way which allows for exceptions. Did you ever think that a decent enough guy might not have to tell lies to keep girls happy? Maybe it's not the girls, Maxx.

The guys lying to their ladies all the time (and the ladies who actually need to be lied to in order to keep from going insane) are on the fast track to failure.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Obviously you have no idea just how much guys lie in that case. We lie constantly. About almost everything. It just makes our lives easier to just lie all the time. In my experience being completely honest, as this topic illustrates quite nicely, is not what women in general want.
    Pretend I'm a good looking, intelligent and generally awesome girl.

Oh hi Maxx *giggles*, you're a really caring and sweet guy. So...are you gay?

Lie your way out of that one, son.

Blog Entries

You don't need to pretend

there was a picture here

1) Girls who ask those kind of questions are dumb.

2) Most girls are way more sensitive to language like that then most guys. In general, a guy won't be that phased if a girl said something like that. Not saying they wouldn't be, but they'll take it a lot better.

3) Regardless, tact is very important. You, my friend, need to run what you say through your head before you say it.

4) The reason all the guys who are saying girls are dumb are single is because girls are dumb, and we aren't willing to drop ourselves down to that leve.

5) To Psys quandary: Yes, I am gay. But I'm also a women, which is why I want in your pants.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't really be that insulted in that kind of a situation. If I had a GF, and she said to me, "You aren't very sexy", then I wouldn't mind, because I don't pride myself on how well I do in bed. That's not really what I look for in a companion.

But maybe that has something to do with my being single...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
    Girlfriend: You used to have a thing for Sarah, right?
    Me: Yeah.
    Girlfriend: Did you ever... you know...
    Me: Have sex with her? Never did, sadly.
    Girlfriend: What do you mean, 'sadly'?
    Me: Well, she is pretty. It would've been nice if I did her before we started going out.

Yeah, she hasn't talked to me for three days. I don't get it. I think I was just being honest, why should she get mad because I admit that I think a girl's pretty? It's not like I said I'm interested in the girl right now.
    Dude no matter what NEVER EVER say anything about your exs! They can be pretty, sexy anything, but ur gf doesn't ned to know -.-" That's rule number one: never talk about past! To make it worse by saying 'sadly' it sounds you regret not having sex with her! That's even dumber! -.-" God men sometimes are really dumb <_<
    Women must feel they are special -.-"

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Uh, no. Lie to me and you'll know what trouble really is. Lumping women together and making stereotypical, denigrating remarks ain't cool.

Maybe YOU lie. Maybe a lot of the guys you know lie. The guys I know don't lie. These are men who'll tell me "that shirt makes you look pregnant. If you don't want people asking you when the baby is due, you should wear a different shirt." The argument isn't about semantics, it's about just being wrong. There isn't some small percentage of men who don't lie. All people lie some of the time, but no one lies all of the time.

And YOU lighten up!

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Correct answer was to shut your fool mouth and 1) never admit liking another girl in a romantic way believe me even admitting you liked someone gives a bit of incrimination which WILL bite you in the ass especially if you still speak to that girl/guy in particulary.
    I don't agree with this. I'd much rather to be told truth than be lied to.

OH NO YOU FOUND/FIND SOMEBODY ELSE ATTRACTIVE, HOW TERRIBLE! I don't think that is the issue, it's the fact that your girlfriend felt like you hold regrets in being with her. I think the only thing you said wrong was the "sadly", because aside from that you were just answering her question and being truthful. I still think that ignoring you and not talking to you for 3 days is over dramatic, as a simple apology should do the trick because you just worded what you said the wrong way.
    I fully agree with Jess on this.

Also, having to lie to your girlfriend to appease her is just dumb and unnecessary. Any relationship where lying like that is needed and necessary is headed for failure, like Roto said. Honesty is the way to go.. just edit what you say if needed :P

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    4) The reason all the guys who are saying girls are dumb are single is because girls are dumb, and we aren't willing to drop ourselves down to that leve.
    But... girls aren't dumb. I have a girl and I've been elevated by it, not reduced. I have attained more, not stooped to less. If the only girls a guy can get are the sort that would lessen him, well, he's not an impressive catch to begin with!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

you need a more easy-going girl, man.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?