Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I think I pissed my girlfriend off.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I really dont think any guys in here should take advice from a girl.. guys can give advice out of experience..
    As a guy, this is my advice.

Ask her to meet up with you - sound apologetic - and go for a drive in your car because you have a surprise for her. Drive to a secluded spot, grab her by the hair and tell her what a stupid whore she's been. Ram her face into the windshield as hard as you possibly can, and check to see if she has been knocked out. If not, repeat until she has. Next, point the car at something hard, like a wall. Get out, place a brick onto the accelerator, wait for it to crash. Clamber back in, and hopefully she is dead. If not, you're probably going to have to crack her skull open with the brick. Next, smash your face on the front of the car hard enough to break your nose but not knock you out, take your brick, climb back out, call the emergency services and celebrate the perfect murder.

Because I am a guy, my advice is much more sound than the advice of girls like Jess or Miriel so you should probably do it.
    ...You're the worst. xD

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Talking on the talkies & the shinra thread
    |
    \/
    PG's spaiware thread
    |
    \/
    I think I pissed my girlfriend off
    |
    \/
    my stupid LIFE
    |
    \/
    Chicken and kool-aid

This is the hierarchy of my favorite threads ever on EoFF now.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

lulz @ Paul

Also, don't listen to guys who say not to listen to us girls. Because while we can't speak for all girls, we can give you a better idea of how other girls will react because we're girls. Strangely enough, we know how to think like girls. Take that how you will, but yeah.

(SPOILER)AK, shut up. You have too much phail to even begin to advise.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post

my stupid LIFE
    You've got class.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    dont get me wrong, id speak the truth if it was important

funny though, that every girl here says to always speak the truth, but when i look at reality, at how everytime i slip up and speak the truth on those insignificant and stupid things, they get mad.

Its so contradictive it makes me smile

I really dont think any guys in here should take advice from a girl.. guys can give advice out of experience.. but girls..

It's how you say it of course.. you can twist the truth to something funny or flattering.. but most often girls really dont want to be reminded of their flaws.. at least in my experience..

of course, you can strike gold and end up with a girl that thinks like those that respond in here, if so, well done.

Not all girls are the same. I have no care what so ever for other peoples feelings, which is why I don't see the point, nor want people sparing mine because I'm a girl.

I tell my boyfriend he's getting fat when he was getting fat, I tell him he smells when he smells, anything that I would say to any person I say to him and it works the same for me. If he doesn't like my perfume, he'll tell me, he thinks a shirt makes me look fat, he tells me, I mean just yesterday he told me how much the baby's making me swell up. I'm getting bigger, I know this, why would I deny it?

Also, most the time girls ask if something looks good on them or makes them look fat is because they usually feel that it has the possibility to make them look fat or ugly, if you said yes chances are they'd say like "I thought so", you don't need reassurance unless you're doubting something.

The other day when we were clothes shopping for my maternity clothes, there was a shirt that I liked but it's sleeves were weird. He thought the right thing to say was that the shirt was fine, but he barely looked at it and he said it in a tone that screamed "Uhhhh THIS IS WHAT I SHOULD BE SAYING BECAUSE I'M A ROBOT" after asking him three times, he goes "The sleeves are weird" which was what I was worried about, I didn't mind them -too- much but I'm not about to go out in something that we both agree'd is flawed, in this case the sleeves.

Granted though, most girls that need a guy to reassure them of themselves are clearly insecure. I don't need a yes man or a drone for a boyfriend. I find it rather insulting that guys find it easier to lie about little things just to keep their girl quiet for a little while. But then again, I'm not like most girls.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Psy, even if that is a joke, that is absolutely terrible.
    It's not a joke, it really works!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Granted though, most girls that need a guy to reassure them of themselves are clearly insecure. I don't need a yes man or a drone for a boyfriend. I find it rather insulting that guys find it easier to lie about little things just to keep their girl quiet for a little while. But then again, I'm not like most girls.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Sure, honesty is good and sycophancy is bad - but tact is the key, I reckon. Criticism and cold, hard facts can be delivered in a polite way without too much effort. Like the shirt you were talking about, for instance. If he had said, "the sleeves are freakish and you'd look smurfing ridiculous wearing that", then you'd be quite justified in feeling a little hurt, at least.

Truth is fine, but delivery's important too. That's the case for virtually any dealings with other people, it's just especially important with one's partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Granted though, most girls that need a guy to reassure them of themselves are clearly insecure. I don't need a yes man or a drone for a boyfriend. I find it rather insulting that guys find it easier to lie about little things just to keep their girl quiet for a little while. But then again, I'm not like most girls.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Sure, honesty is good and sycophancy is bad - but tact is the key, I reckon. Criticism and cold, hard facts can be delivered in a polite way without too much effort. Like the shirt you were talking about, for instance. If he had said, "the sleeves are freakish and you'd look smurfing ridiculous wearing that", then you'd be quite justified in feeling a little hurt, at least.

Truth is fine, but delivery's important too. That's the case for virtually any dealings with other people, it's just especially important with one's partner.

That is true. In my first example a couple of posts back I talked about a bright pink/orange shirt, basically he first said "The shirts to bright" then later after I put it back he told me that I would look like a mango in it when I'm 9 months pregnant.

When he said "the shirts to bright" my response was "That's it?" and just left to put it away, when he said "You'd look like a mango" my response was "A MANGO!?!?!?" now most people would have gotten mad or hurt enough to not talk to him but me and my boyfriend are pretty open about everything, I got all huffy for about 2 minutes until I myself, came to the realization that I would, infact, look like a mango at 9 months. xD

Point being, delivery is VERY important. I have no problem with my boyfriend going "that girl is pretty" or talking about celebs he's liked or still likes due to the fact I'm 1. secure enough to know that no other girl is a threat to me and 2. he doesn't go "My god, that girls hot, I would so do things to her that would blow your mind"

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I wouldn't really be that insulted in that kind of a situation. If I had a GF, and she said to me, "You aren't very sexy", then I wouldn't mind, because I don't pride myself on how well I do in bed. That's not really what I look for in a companion.

But maybe that has something to do with my being single...
    That's what you think! You're wrong ;) Guys have sex-egos the size of... ('"your penis, dear") I dunno, something really big. I guarantee that if a chick tells her bf
    - I don't find you that sexy
    - Your penis isn't that big
    Or something to that effect they'll <i>probably</i> emo out. :p

My ex got so offended all the time that i didn't want to have sex with him as often as he wanted to have sex with me and kept saying "boohoo you don't find me as sexy as I find you crycry" and we got into so many fights over it. Sorry but my sex drive is not the size of Texas, it's fairly normal. I cushioned it for him as much as I could too, "It's not that i don't find you sexy or as sexy, I do! I just don't feel like having sex right now" "But then why don't you? BECAUSE I'M NOT SEXY ENOUGH? ;___:" dear god.

Male egos at LEAST comparative if not so much worse than female egos. Just depends on the kind of S.O. you end up with! :3

Anyway, I think there is a difference between omitting tidbits of informaiton that would be obviously harmful to your relationship and outright lying.

- Jojee

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    4) The reason all the guys who are saying girls are dumb are single is because girls are dumb, and we aren't willing to drop ourselves down to that leve.
    But... girls aren't dumb. I have a girl and I've been elevated by it, not reduced. I have attained more, not stooped to less. If the only girls a guy can get are the sort that would lessen him, well, he's not an impressive catch to begin with!
    Seems I forgot to put the smiley at the end of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    5) To Psys quandary: Yes, I am gay. But I'm also a women, which is why I want in your pants.
    Nice going...except the last little bit of that is telling the truth and therefore just won't fly!
    The genius of this is, my friend, is I don't want in their pants.

Literally, or the sexual connotation of that phrase.

Edit - And post using your own account!

You're kidding, right? You said that to your girl?
    Haha, oh man..

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I really dont think any guys in here should take advice from a girl.. guys can give advice out of experience.. but girls..
    Seriously, what's wrong with taking advice from the opposite gender, even if it's the opposite gender you're dating? I don't see the problem there.. I only see big benefits. Take any advice you can get, and then use what you personally find useful and fits your situation.
    Taking your advice would end up in a one-sided way of thinking about relationships, which isn't exactly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    My dad has always said, if the women you want to marry doesn't want the truth she's a bitch.

Translating that into English (my father needs a translator xD), he's saying, "If a woman doesn't want you for what you really think, she doesn't actually love you."
    I agree. Having to lie, even about smaller things, is unnecessary. Having said that, brutal honesty isn't the way to go either. Just take the middle course and edit what you say if it's needed.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

It's not just girls but some guys are sometimes sensitive to the mention of their girlfriends' exes.

It's best not to bring up the past. Even if she asks, you could respond with things like, "I don't want to talk about <i>her</i>/<i>that</i>!"

Psychotic has been playing too much GTA. :C Good advice, though!

Maxx Power is right. If you think the guys you know aren't lying constantly, that means they are better at lying constantly than guys who you think do lie constantly. I am being completely serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
    Girlfriend: You used to have a thing for Sarah, right?
    Me: Yeah.
    Girlfriend: Did you ever... you know...
    Me: Have sex with her? Never did, sadly.
    Girlfriend: What do you mean, 'sadly'?
    Me: Well, she is pretty. It would've been nice if I did her before we started going out.

Yeah, she hasn't talked to me for three days. I don't get it. I think I was just being honest, why should she get mad because I admit that I think a girl's pretty? It's not like I said I'm interested in the girl right now.

I hope it all works out for you man.

If you wanted to answer you probably shouldnt of been so painfully honest.

And if a situation identical to that comes up again, for the love of god, dont say what you did there. Just play it cool, tell her about the past, just not all of it and about how you wish you could of slept with her. That would just inject a massive dose of crazy-jealous into her system.