Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic wish list

Quote Originally Posted by nintendogamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tailz View Post
    i know its after the ps1 n64 era but sonic adventure 2 for the dreamcast is still on my wish list actually.

and as for older
    biohazard batlle for the sega
    megaman 1 for the nes
    warrior of rome II for the sega
    If you're lucky, you could get the Gamecube version. (Assuming you have either a Gamecube or a Wii to play it.)
    i know the gamecube version is a posibility but the dreamcast version is better, les instant death glitches (sonic games suffer a lot from these) and so on.

but it seems liek the gc version is becoming my last change.

they should just rerelease it for the ps2 i know a lot of people who would be verry happy if that happend
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

The Game Cube version isn't any buggier than the DC version as far as I know. The instant death parts aren't glitches, they're bad game design. :P

I have emulated all but one game from that era that I wanted, and that game I bought from eBAY for 10 bucks. (jumping flash! 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    The Game Cube version isn't any buggier than the DC version as far as I know. The instant death parts aren't glitches, they're bad game design. :P
    true you'd think they would learn from they're mistakes. and from sonic adventure to sonic the hedgehog '06 they still make the same mistakes.

hope they fix it with sonic unleashed.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not all franchises were meant to be in 3D (Sonic, Castlevania, Mega Man, Street Fighter...) course I never really felt that 3D was actually an improvement in gaming.:rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Not all franchises were meant to be in 3D (Sonic, Castlevania, Mega Man, Street Fighter...) course I never really felt that 3D was actually an improvement in gaming.:rolleyes2

I think sonic adventure and adventure 2 proved it was posible for sonic to go 3D those games where verry good. even sonic heroes was enjoyable (4 teams same levels is what destroyed the game)

hhm wel i found another game on my wishlist.

donkey kong country 2 diddie kong's quest snes version

Vandal Hearts, Breath of Fire III, Suikoden II, III
    BoF I & II, Super Mario RPG

Ah man...I miss those games. I sold them for some buggered up reason.

I think sonic adventure and adventure 2 proved it was posible for sonic to go 3D those games where verry good. even sonic heroes was enjoyable (4 teams same levels is what destroyed the game)
    I agree. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were good games in my opinion. Every other 3D Sonic after that was crap though. The rest of the games belong in that list...

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian View Post

I agree. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were good games in my opinion. Every other 3D Sonic after that was crap though. The rest of the games belong in that list...
    Megaman Legends was one of the better Megaman games in my opinion. I thought it was one of the better departures into 3D, only behind Zelda and Mario. But of course, there is X7 That proves without a shadow of doubt the classic formula should stay the same.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never had a chance to play much of SA. Its on my list as I do love Sonic but its only fault I remember people saying it had besides a bad camera on some levels is the fact that people wanted to play as Sonic going through the speed levels... Not Tails and the robot platforming, the fishing, the Knuckles platforming... Course I can't say how I feel cause I never played the game but stories of Heroes, Riders, and the recent next-gen Sonics are filled with horror stories that have tarnished the reputation of 3D Sonic Games. Yet, Sonic Advance and Rush garners great reviews from even people who never liked Sonic Games mostly cause thesy stick to the basics.

Most 3D Castlevania's have never been able to transfer over the "Metroidvania" style but I feel it has to do with the fact that 2D can get away with some things that 3D can't and in trying to fix these issues when making it 3D it destroys the classic elelments that made the games beloved in the first place. 3D Castlevania games are less about exploring an intricate castle than introducing a retarded battle system so you can fight hords of dumb ass AI so you can get to the doorway to the next room where you do it all over.

Mega Man Legends is an exception but its not a traditional MM game. Rather it was built around the concept of being in 3D. Vermachtnis beat me to it but if you want to know what a 3D Mega Man game feels like? Play the atrocious X7 where you spend 90% of the game fighting the camera so you can do things that were fairly simple to pull off in the original 2D games. The game is frustrating for all the wrong reasons.

Metroid Prime is another exception but I feel the series kinda split the fanbase. I still find people clamoring for a "true" 3D Metroid experience rather than playing a FPS.

Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
    Klonoa: Beach Volleyball
    Tail Concerto
    Bloody Roar
    Willow
    River City Ransom
    TMNT: Turtles in Time

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Breath of Fire III
    PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    BoF I & II
    Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance/Wii Virtual Console
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    River City Ransom
    Wii Virtual Console

*flies away*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The problem is that a lot of us are collectors and we like the original media it came out on.
    Figaro Castle

The problem is a lot of you are picky bastards and need to STFU and play the game without caring about picky semantics such as the system.

*Runs away like a little girl to hide from the masses who are about to murder him because they were unable to realize I was kidding*

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    The problem is that a lot of us are collectors and we like the original media it came out on.
    Pretty much, and i dont have a Wii at the moment. Besides the actual Cart...that is something the Virtual Console can never replace o_o

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3