Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Strife vs Wolverine

Default Cloud Strife vs Wolverine

If Cloud and X-Man Wolverine battled, who would win?
    Is that your final answer?

Depends on the Wolverine. The one from the original comics would probably lose since Cloud is retardedly strong. Ultimate Wolverine and the one from the movies (to an extent) kind of blow the whole "Healing powers" thing out of proportion and can regrow pretty much anything, though. :P

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like Roto said, depends on the level of fast healing. If it's strong enough, Wolverine wins by attrition, if not it's closer. I'm still not counting Wolverine out just yet though, he's canny and can fight smart. Cloud is... not particularly smart.

Clouds too emo and would probably cut himself long before his fight with Wolverine started giving Wolverine a much larger advantage. Beyond that Cloud's sword would get busted up after hitting solid admantium with the force it takes him to swing that thing after a while and it will sooner or later just become a massive metal baseball bat.

Coincidentally one time while I was in class back in high school the debate came up on who would win, Wolverine vs Godzilla. I was contacted as the guru of geekiness to make the call on who would win by the rest of the class.
    This space intentionally left blank.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm... Cloud could do hideous damage with his sword, but he wouldn't actually be able to sever any of Wolverine's limbs or his head, assuming that Adamantium is tougher than whatever make-believe metal Cloud's swords are made of.

Still, Wolverine's not invulnerable. Cloud's stronger, has superior reflexes, and advantages in agility and reach, thanks to having a longer weapon^1. Cloud could quickly and easily do enough damage to kill Wolverine, I believe. Blood loss and tissue damage, facial injuries, organ damage - Wolverine's reinforced bones won't prevent those, and his healing powers can only respond so fast.

Personally, I think they'd be more likely to fight alongside each other, rather than face off against one another. Now that would be something to see...

1 Not a phallic reference

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wolverine's not exactly lacking in the agility and reflexes department himself. How good do Cloud's various augmentations make him?

Oh and of course materia. Any FFVII character with materia has a massive edge.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wolverine once got ripped in half by the Hulk, so he crawled back to his legs, and they rejoined his body and he kept fighting.

Beat that, Strife.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Wolverine once got ripped in half by the Hulk, so he crawled back to his legs, and they rejoined his body and he kept fighting.

Beat that, Strife.
    They need to finish that goddamn mini series, by the way.

When it left off, he hadn't actually found his legs yet. xD They were like four miles up, on the top of a mountain.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post

Beat that, Strife.
    They need to finish that goddamn mini series, by the way.

When it left off, he hadn't actually found his legs yet. xD They were like four miles up, on the top of a mountain.
    Still the point applies to this versus thread, no?

Ultimate Wolverine would win. Maybe not the Wolverine from the origonal comics
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Wolverine's not exactly lacking in the agility and reflexes department himself. How good do Cloud's various augmentations make him?
    He's sharp enough to see where a gun-wielding attacker is aiming, and get his sword in the way quickly enough to block gunfire. Wolverine's an experienced military man and a phenomenal fighter, but I don't think he's quick enough to deflect bullets.

About Wolverine's healing ability, in the comics at least: if he *does* have something cut off or otherwise removed, like the Hulk with his legs apparently, wouldn't there be a problem of the cut-off section healing over? Like, the tops of his legs scarring up, and the same for his pelvis where the legs were formerly attached? Or does he just have perpetually bleeding stumps until he can re-attach the severed limbs?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Cloud's ability to wield materia already screws this up =]

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    He's sharp enough to see where a gun-wielding attacker is aiming, and get his sword in the way quickly enough to block gunfire. Wolverine's an experienced military man and a phenomenal fighter, but I don't think he's quick enough to deflect bullets.

About Wolverine's healing ability, in the comics at least: if he *does* have something cut off or otherwise removed, like the Hulk with his legs apparently, wouldn't there be a problem of the cut-off section healing over? Like, the tops of his legs scarring up, and the same for his pelvis where the legs were formerly attached? Or does he just have perpetually bleeding stumps until he can re-attach the severed limbs?
    I think it closes up but then he can tear it open again, being, you know, Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post

About Wolverine's healing ability, in the comics at least: if he *does* have something cut off or otherwise removed, like the Hulk with his legs apparently, wouldn't there be a problem of the cut-off section healing over? Like, the tops of his legs scarring up, and the same for his pelvis where the legs were formerly attached? Or does he just have perpetually bleeding stumps until he can re-attach the severed limbs? :p
    Well the Hulk thing was Ultimate Wolverine. Ultimate Wolverine lost an arm and it grew back. :P

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I wish I could do that. Rip an arm off and grow it back.
    My life would never be boring again if I could do that kind of stuff.