View Poll Results: Where should we insight Armegeddon?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago

15 62.50%
  • Cedar Point

9 37.50%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Midwest Meet Up, Location Poll!

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

er
    what are the new dates?
    Because I don't think the last weekend of may is going to work for me.
    :eyeroll:

Boldly go.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Bahamut I'll send you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    er
    what are the new dates?
    Because I don't think the last weekend of may is going to work for me.
    :eyeroll:
    Well As for a date since May is almost over I say the weekend of the 20-22 range in June would be a good time to do it.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Blog Entries

Grin

Presuming we can go, and I can get Friday / Monday off for rest days, it's possible for us to grab people on the route (preferable in case I need to rest while driving, which I don't RAWR).

Our route starts in Barrie, Ontario, down towards London (so passing Toronto), Sarnia, Michigan (Flint, Lansing, Fort Wayne), Chicago (IL, crossing into Indiana)

Just in case somebody needs a ride, it will be cool. Bonus points if you have a full license so I can Zzz :D
    Last edited by Peegee; 06-12-2008 at 11:19 PM.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

better bring your bathing suits because we're car pooling.
    bahahaha.

Boldly go.

So activity has been kind of low on this thread, but it looks like we got some confirmed people.

Though would anyone be objected to pushing this back a week or so? Since it was initially done to steal undeadhero to come, but he went and got other plans and the current planned weekend already has at least 3 people saying they can't make it to. If it won't hurt anyones schedules maybe postponing it 1 week and then we can get ed/jojo/clouded sky all out to come and add some more fun people to the mix.

I'm hoping those won't be much of an issue, though then again no one has really confirmed they would show up anyways.

Oh and also we need a place to meet up in Chicago. So any local to the area should propose some place that's easy to get to, and probably best to not be too overly crowded.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Chicago is a large city with many things to do. I suggest we meet as some easily recognizable location and go to town (literally?).

Edit: If people were interested in the amusement park bit, there's always Six Flags not too far from the city. I hear their new Dark Knight coster is supposed to be full of win.

Blog Entries

Grin

Also a place I can find via a GPS, since I don't live in the area. A mall would be cool, or whatever.

The problem is the meetup time. I am expecting, that since I will be leaving on Friday, to arrive in Chicago by Friday night/Saturday morning. I'll try to get the day off but we'll have to see.

The sooner a date can be set the better. I'll try to talk to Jojee.

Well if it's not going down the 20-22 like originally planned, then I say the next weekend or the weekend after just to get things moving. I'll need to redo my time off from work, but hopefully they won't bitch too much when I change it. >.> Though I got about a load of double shifts, call ins, and covering of shifts under my belt to throw back at them. Or failing that, I got at least 2 or 3 legal things to throw in their faces.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I gave up on this happening and made other plans
    I hate you so much and forever

I need to figure some things out. @_@ But tell me what weekends you're leaning toward. I <i>may</i> be able to make any. PG promised me clubbing, though. :3

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Make it the weekend of 28-29, and get three people + monkey and ED to go, and I'll make myself go. Be warned that I already promised all my Army buddies I would grow a ridiculous mustache while home on leave

I'd totally plan on renting a hotel room and partying, of course.

Blog Entries

Grin

I think the 20th is off. I prefer that it not be the 20th because I can't guarantee I can get the days off (I will probably have to call in sick for Friday and I don't like to do that, even though legally I can).

The 27th weekend Jojee has expressed a desire to not go if she is going to the wedding on the 20th weekend, so we're looking at a minimum start date of the 4th of July weekend, which is okay with me regardless. So let's make the meetup the 4th of July unless we have a sudden ton of cancellations (Ouch is committed as long as it isn't after august lol)

I PM'd Bahamut the tentative itinerary. It goes like this:

- I get Friday off so I can actually drive during the day (I have a 9 hour drive)
    - I take off in the morning and arrive Friday afternoon or evening, depending on when we leave
    - Check into a hotel as Ouch! cannot provide accommodation and I don't feel like imposing. If you have any idea of where to stay that is cheaper (Hostel, etc), bring this up soon. I will discuss with Ouch! about good Hotels to book. I will be fronting the cash for the Hotel as long as we have 4 people showing up (Ouch and Bahamut2000x, me and Chemical, so that's pretty much set).
    - Depending on time, we'll explore Chicago or rest, or go clubbing
    - If Jojee can make the bus ride, she'll join us. If not, I am okay with driving her to Chicago sometime early Saturday, but I have told her that taking her back is not an option as it's too strenuous on me (11 hour drive back to Canada)
    - Saturday will be spent at the Six Flags and probably clubbing at night
    - Sunday we'll probably eat lunch, and hang out, or whatever. I need to start heading back to Canada by 4, 5pm at the latest.

Can I also get a list of confirmed participants (and whether you'd be okay with 4th of July, or whichever)? Also if you are driving and are able to pick up Jojee to and/or from (If you can drive her home, I can drive her to Chicago, so you can commit to one or the other)

Thusfar:

- Chemical
    - Bahamut2000X
    - Ouch!
    - Peegee

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

I'm not sure about the weekends, tbh. You guys plan whatever date most of you can go to, and I'll decide after I see who's going ;D

If I go, I wouldn't need you to pick me up, Peeg. ^_^ But if I do decide to go, Saturday @ Six Flags is out, or I won't go. xD *doesn't do roller coasters*

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    I'm not sure about the weekends, tbh. You guys plan whatever date most of you can go to, and I'll decide after I see who's going ;D

If I go, I wouldn't need you to pick me up, Peeg. ^_^ But if I do decide to go, Saturday @ Six Flags is out, or I won't go. xD *doesn't do roller coasters*
    lol jojee princess.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

haha I AM! Bow before me ^__^

Seriously I'm way too much of a wimp. Last year me and bip and ed were all freaking out on the Ferris wheel. xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr