Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpel tunnel

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Carpel tunnel

AP tests suck. My hands hurt D: ANYWHO, I took the AP European History test today. There was a DBQ (data based question) on the exam about a revolt that I knew nothing about. They gave me evidence to use but oie, I winged that one. Hopefully I get a 3 :laughing:

Point of thread: Are you guys good at improvising?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

NO ;_;

Theater Arts was a very traumatic experience for me :kaodizzy:

Actually yes, I am. (Well, usually.)

I imrpovised almost every speech in my speech class, and I did rather good when I had Drama.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

My hand didn't bother me after my AP English Lit test, my eyeballs just felt like lead. I was so tired.

I usually write too much in modern history, and not enough in my english class. I also stink at improvising, let alone reading or memorizing something already written.

i can be...i guess. i don't usually follow anything, as far as history tests & whatnot go, i pulled something outta my ass.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

No, I really can't improvise. I have a habit of not reading the question properly either. In my English Language GCSE mock, there was a question on 'analyse and compare' where I had to compare two media texts, though I just didn't read the question, and didn't even see the second text, and wrote pages on one single text and lost so many marks as I didn't compare or even mention the second text at all. When I had 5 minutes at the end, I finally found the source and I even wondered why I was given it.

I do History, and it is really hard to improvise in this subject

I suck at improv..people never laugh at the skits I make up.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I took the English Lit. and Composition AP exam yesterday and OMG I almost died. There was one question where you had to compare and contrast two poems and I was like "....;-;!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know what I'm doing!"

It was sad ;-;

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    I took the English Lit. and Composi<b></b>tion AP exam yesterday and OMG I almost died. There was one question where you had to compare and contrast two poems and I was like "....;-;!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know what I'm doing!"

It was sad ;-;
    The first essay? Was it about death?

I did epic on that essay. Love poetry essays.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Improvisation and talking complete crap got me through my GCSE's two years ago... and I did quite well, too.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

DBQ no longer stands for document based question? What the hell?

I got a three on AP European History. I didn't study. No credit for college. Meh. Rocked both English AP tests. Although my use of fragments might lead one to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    DBQ no longer stands for document based question? What the hell?

I got a three on AP European History. I didn't study. No credit for college. Meh. Rocked both English AP tests. Although my use of fragments might lead one to believe otherwise.
    Seconded. Except I got credit for my three (But I bubbled the Machiavelli question wrong so I deserved that three completely). And I could have done better on the English Lit.

That being said, I don't totally suck at improvising thanks four years worth of Impromptu Speaking on my high school's speech team. I'm not as good as someone with that resumé should be though.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    DBQ (data based question)

Point of thread: Are you guys good at improvising?
    Document based question. It doesn't matter what they call it now; every essay is based on data. These are unique.

Nope. My best plans are the ones that are thought far in advance.

Generally, I'm very good at it. I didn't formally study for any of my AP tests (as in, cram, or anything; I went to class during the year and learned it that way) and did not plan on how to do the DBQ's, and I ended up passing 9 AP tests, so yay. I think the DBQ for Euro that I wrote on was about the EU (this was 2005!). I remember my FRQ was about comparing the Soviet Union with Marxism, which I wrote like 6 pages on and is what probably gave me my 4, as my DBQ was pretty awful.

I had two finals today, both of which had essays involved. I studied for History for about an hour and English, about 15 minutes. I only needed mid-C's on both to get A's, so I wasn't going to sweat it, but I definitely had to improvise, because I had no idea what I was doing.

EDIT: Questions I did:

1. Analyze various views regarding Western European unity from 1946 to 1989.

4. Compare and contrast the actions and motives of Martin Luther in the German states and King Henry VIII in England in bringing about religious change during the reformation.

6. Assess the extent to which the economic and political ideals of Karl Marx were realized in postrevolutionary Russia from 1917 to 1939.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-10-2008 at 02:23 AM.