View Poll Results: Is this too many

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all, there is never too many

0 0%
  • Meh, I don't get to decide that

6 18.75%
  • WTFH!!!! They will overpopulate the earth all by themselves!!!!

6 18.75%
  • Yes, I think it might be a bit much

7 21.88%
  • I like cake(the option all polls must have)

13 40.63%
  • What type of job does that guy have to support all this?

14 43.75%
  • I would never want to be pregnant for a total of 11 years!

9 28.13%
  • WTH? they plan to have more?!

14 43.75%
  • I abstain due to sheer stupidity of this thread and its subject matter.

5 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Children?

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Default Too Many Children?

Lots of siblings for them

Alright, I am most definitely not one of those "You should only have x amount of children" type deal. I do believe that should be up to the individual.

However, even I apparently have my limits(judging from my WTFHIWWTP reaction from this article).

Meet the happy siblings and their mother and father.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The fact that their names all start with J is sickening. D=

I like cake.

Serious reply: 18? WTF mate? It's nobody's place to say how many kids a couple can have, but any more and they'll have to buy a farm for them to run around on. That's if they already haven't. I didn't read the whole article.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    The fact that their names all start with J is sickening. D=
    And they already go to "Joy-anna" and "Jinger" without having even used Jane or Julie yet.

I think it should be up to them when theres too many.

But hey the more children you have the more kidney donors you can fall back on
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

wow 18 and wanting more. that is some... uh... big family.

weird names for some of them.

and how do they remember ALL their names? that must be hard.

and just imagine, if all of them are successful in life, what kind of smurfing crapload of money will the parents get from their children?! O.o
    warning: i am NOT funny.

That picture alone made me almost puke. It's one thing to adopt a lot, but to actually poop out that many buggers is insane. They must have a lot of money or be one crappy poor family. Regardless I get a strange spider sense telling me half their income is off publicity which alone makes me shake my head. *shakes head*
    This space intentionally left blank.

Why yes, I do think we should systematically destroy 40% of children beneath the age of 5 and then turn and eliminate all people who desire to have more then 3 children.

...Why do I get the feeling that wasn't the question?

Blog Entries

Oh well it's a bit too much but if they're happy! I just have no idea how the hell they have money to feed them all! But some seem old enough to work 18... Jesus... and I thought 4 was already too much

I wonder how people can afford so many children!!! Maybe it would be fun to be apart of the big of a family though?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's horrifying.

I could never have more than 2 kids. As it stands, I think I'd only want one. From my personal experience, having a sibling close to my age didn't really offer me companionship and a friend. Granted, he had speech problems and everyone thought he was mildly autistic at that age, so he wasn't like a normal sibling. He still really isn't, so I do feel in a way, like an only child.

I think part of the reason for that is I have this really tiny nagging fear in the back of my brain about if I have more than one kid, one of them is going to end up with a problem, because that seems to be the trend in my family (even outside of me and my brother, my cousins and such as well). The first kid is normal (if you can even call me normal), and the second one has a problem, and that scares me. So I don't want to tempt that fate. Yeah, I'm the worst person ever.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I saw their website, their house is enormous. They don't look poor at all. I too think they have some kind of income from publicity, otherwise they couldn't afford all that, I think.
    As for the number of children, well, as long as they love each other it's OK, I guess. It looks like they can sure afford it.

As long as you can support them and give them the affection and attention they require, there's no reason why a couple shouldn't be able to have as many children as they please. Somehow I doubt that you can manage that with eighteen kids, though. I'm sure these children have good lives, but it's impossible to divide your time between eighteen siblings and not have some of them lose out.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I joke about how I was raised to be a slave / pack mule for my parents, but this is ridiculous. Unless the parents are super rich, and I seriously doubt it, the resources will be split too thin for my belief of the tendency of children to 'outdo' their parents, financially.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Well for all of us that voted for cake. Would you still vote for cake if you had to share the cake with the Duggar family?

Sharing is something I am not good at MY FOOD, MINE.

Oh, and what do ya'll think of their faq page? The site doesn't work well for me, but I did get to read this.

Oh and their is a online vote for what the 18th Duggar should be named :/. For those interested go here

Really I would never put up an INTERNET poll on my child's name. That is like ... I dunno giving your new born baby to a mob of oddly shaped demented hunchbacks or something.

This is just wow.... I mean with 20 people in the family they just about have enough people to set up their own football game(11 on each team, and a ref... they only need 3 more! 2 more if you don't need a ref!).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Who cares if they can support them...shouldn't they adopt if they are rich and want that many?!

Goddamn population growth...