Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHEN WILL WE EVER SEE THIS!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default WHEN WILL WE EVER SEE THIS!

I think FFXIII had been announced in working since E3 of 2005 or was it 6? Anyway, know about 2 years later we still have barely any info on it, not even a release date. All that we have been getting lately are just a couple of pictures here and there every five months. Before XII came out we had info on at least two of the main characters. I was wondering with E3 changed to showing in July do you think Square has just waited all this time to amaze us at the event! I am a die hard fan of the series and I seriously hope that this would be a home bringer after my dissapointment(only story-wise the battle-system was great) with XII.

why bothering?
    stop waiting and play any good game that IS available.

psssst.. (Kung Fu Hustle)
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Square-Enix is waiting for me to get a PS3 before they do anything!

This is discussed in a lot of the threads here. I keep mentioning FF XII's release date debacle. It'll be a while. Expect delays.

Scarmiglione you mean FF XIII's release date
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Scarmiglione you mean FF XIII's release date
    No, I mean XII as in 12. It was scheduled to be released in 2004. It was delayed and delayed before being released Halloween 2006.
    The delays weren't worth it though, IMO.

The long timespan of the development shows a good indication that they actually have been putting a lot of effort into the game.

The delays surely worth it. Obviously, if FF13 isn't selling so well due to bad reviews, the development will lose a LOT of money.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    The long timespan of the development shows a good indication that they actually have been putting a lot of effort into the game.

The delays surely worth it. Obviously, if FF13 isn't selling so well due to bad reviews, the development will lose a LOT of money.
    Agree 100% with all of that. I can wait. I'm on my GTAIV binge, still playing Heavenly Sword, Haze is coming out at the end of this month and Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out a few days after that. I got plenty to do on the PS3 before XIII comes out, so no worry.

Not to mention FFTA2 is coming out in June, FFIV DS a few weeks later, and Dragon Quest IX/Last Remnant hopefully out before the year. So there's plenty of Square-Enix RPGs to go around if that's your thing.

So the more time they take to release FFXIII, the better. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if they made it 2 Blu Ray discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

I think this game is going to be more anticipated than FF XI, FF X-2, and FF XII. What does everybody think? Also, do you think it will be more anticipated than FF X? I'm really excited. And now I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually more anticipating Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Starcraft 2. Both of those are being beat by Final Fantasy XIII in my most anticipated games list though.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Square-Enix is waiting for me to get a PS3 before they do anything!
    I know how you feel!

Maybe Square-Enix is taking it's time because they know many consumers don't have PS3s yet. I mean, it only just came out in Japan and America in 2006, and in Europe last year. When it was first avaliable it was what, $500? That's a pretty hefty price tag!

I don't know how much the price may've decreased since it's release, but with increasing prices of gas, food, etc., many people aren't worried about buying the newest gaming hardware.

So maybe finances and cost for the PS3 are why SE seems to be progressing so slowly. Whether or not Japan is having the same economic issues as America is having, I don't know. Maybe i'm completely wrong!

But yeah, it's just a thought!

P.S. Actually, i'm unsure as to how many consumers in America own PS3s...I just assumed it wasn't a whole lot because I don't know many people who own one! xD
    Last edited by Dynast-Kid; 06-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.

I haven't thorougly enjoyed a Final Fantasy for nearly half a dozen titles. I feel no anticipation. Even if this one does look better than the last few

I agree Vyk... XII sucked eggs, same with XI and X-2..

I think in recent years the quality of the main Final Fantasy titles is not as good as it was in the past, although still much higher than almost all rpg's out there.

Final Fantasy XII needed a better story.
    Final Fantasy X-2 people didn't like the story and characters as much.
    Final Fantasy XI people were not sure about this for various reasons, although a great title.

I don't remember if a signifigant number of people had problems with Final Fantasy X, do you remember?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    I don't remember if a signifigant number of people had problems with Final Fantasy X, do you remember?
    Yes. 10 did away with the world map. And there was a mass hate on Tidus and Yuna.

A playable beta will be included with Duke Nukem Forever, and if you pop Chinese Democracy in your PC or Mac its special features include previews of the game's soundtrack.

Hope that answers the question.