View Poll Results: Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disgaea 3

2 4.26%
  • Dragon Quest IX

3 6.38%
  • Fable 2

6 12.77%
  • Fallout 3

7 14.89%
  • Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria

1 2.13%
  • The Last Remnant

4 8.51%
  • Persona 4

5 10.64%
  • Tales of Vesperia

2 4.26%
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

7 14.89%
  • White Knight Chronicles

6 12.77%
  • World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

2 4.26%
  • Zoids Assault

0 0%
  • Other(Post which!)

1 2.13%
  • Too close to call!

1 2.13%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Considering, once you hit those problems, the only thing to continue playing for is the faint hope that it'll eventually fix itself, no, it's not one of the best RPGs ever. People gasmed over it because it was either that or Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.
    Really? I continued playing because it was an expansive and immersive world filled with memorable characters, a plot I cared about, boss fights that challenged me, beautiful scenery, exquisite music, brilliant ship-to-ship battles, epic scale, awesome enemies, a huge amount of exploration to do (nevermind that the game itself was constant exploration), and the general level of polish and quality in the game. The fact that random encounters were more numerous than I'd have liked does detract from that - but not that much.
    Yeah, no. The only thing I can agree with you about in that paragraph is the ship battles. Maybe the bosses, though none of them were all that tough, just usually time-consuming (and not really common enough). The random battles were a huge problem for me because it felt like I spent more time waiting for the first target>all ability than doing... pretty much anything else. What you see as exploration comes off to me as mindless wandering, looking for the next goal. Memorable characters? I suppose if you mean that repetition is a good way to remember things. Who was your favourite, the lovable Pirate with a heart of gold? (If so, which one?) The energetic female sidekick? The mysterious girl with the "strange" clothes who's too sweet to live? The plot? Were you 10 when you played Skies of Arcadia? Because that's the only way I can see that plot being appealing. It was like a Disney movie. It's just a really poor-quality game. It's one of the few games I own that I haven't completed.
    Yes, insulting someone for enjoying something you didn't is totally not a 10 year old's way of doing things :rolleyes2

I wasn't trying to insult you, but if that's what you took away from it...

I don't particularly care.

FALL OUT SMURFING THREE.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

'nother one for you to add to your list, Dragonsoul.

INFINITE UNDISCOVERY | SQUARE ENIX

Square-Enix/Tri-Ace, September 2 in US and Japan. Xbox 360 exclusive.

I guess to play it up a little bit... the game is said to contain 10 years worth of ideas Yoshiharu Gotanda, the man who created the original Tales of Phantasia and later co-founded the Tri-Ace studio. I had no idea this game was so close to completion, since Squenix appears to have been giving much more exposure to The Last Remnant, its multiplatform (and still TBA-release) title.

Trailer (HD also available)

Something interesting. The dialogue (as well as Last Remnant's trailers, for that matter) is all in English, while the menus are all in Japanese. Both InfinUndi and Last Remnant were earmarked as titles aimed at the west from the very beginning. This leads me to believe that, at least in terms of spoken language, English will be the original voice track for all releases (despite the lip-sync). Which means that there may not be any Japanese voice tracks, for those of us who usually prefer such things. The excuse that most of us use for putting things in Japanese is to 'hear it in its original language, as it was intended' yadda yadda, so it looks like this time...English is the original language.

Guess I'll copypasta this post into the 'General Square Enix' section.

Dang! Infinite Undiscovery is coming out on September 2nd worldwide?! I didn't know it was so close to completion either. I found out yesterday about this. Too bad this game didn't make it into my poll, I thought it would be out in 2009. Anyways, it'll sell well I'm sure. Thanks for the info.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Blog Entries

Fable 2 FTW or something

The rpg I'm looking forward to most this fall is the DEMO of Final Fantasy XIII, if it comes out. I'm not sure if it will be a included with the PS 3 version of The Last Remnant, or it will be a standalone disc, or it will be distributed on the Playstation network. I can't wait for Starcraft 2 either but that's a real time strategy game though. Oh I should mention that if the Usa gets a port of Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness for DS this Fall, I'll be looking forward to that more than any other game on this poll.

EDIT:
    So far we are still learning information. I forgot about the DS Bioware rpg for this fall called Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. That should have been on the list also. The only official release dates we have for the top rpg's this fall are...

8-26 Xbox 360 Zoids Assault(actually this isn't super important but I like it, it reminds me of Front Mission)
    9-2 Xbox 360 Infinite Undiscovery

Besides this we have heard from developers in the past that Disgaea 3 for PS 3 is planned to be out in August(my guess would be August 26th) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for Wii is planned to be out in September(not sure which date I'd guess). We also have a date for Dragon Quest IV for DS, September 16th, although I didn't include it in the poll since it's a remake, of a very great game though. Here are some release dates some websites are listing, although not sure what their sources are, these are just their guesses anyways...

Fable 2 - October
    Fallout 3 - October
    Tales of Vesperia - August 19(!)
    Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - September 2nd(!)

Release dates appear to come out around three months in advance. Now that we are in late May we are getting more release dates for late August. Finally the fall rpg release dates will come in. It won't be until about late August till we get all the release dates finalized I think.
    Last edited by Dragonsoul; 05-28-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008