View Poll Results: Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disgaea 3

2 4.26%
  • Dragon Quest IX

3 6.38%
  • Fable 2

6 12.77%
  • Fallout 3

7 14.89%
  • Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria

1 2.13%
  • The Last Remnant

4 8.51%
  • Persona 4

5 10.64%
  • Tales of Vesperia

2 4.26%
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

7 14.89%
  • White Knight Chronicles

6 12.77%
  • World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

2 4.26%
  • Zoids Assault

0 0%
  • Other(Post which!)

1 2.13%
  • Too close to call!

1 2.13%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Persona 4, if for nothing else it's because I can't play any of the others xD. It's looking pretty awesome. If I had PS3 or a decent computer it'd be a toss up between Persona 4, Disgaea 3, or Fallout 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    It's popular because it's the direct sequel to the best RPG on the Game Cube. :P
    Sorry, but Skies of Arcadia: Legend isn't getting a Sequal.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It's popular because it's the direct sequel to the best RPG on the Game Cube. :P
    Sorry, but Skies of Arcadia: Legend isn't getting a Sequal. :p

You don't know that, and SoA turned into a series of incredibly boring and incredibly frequent random battles with a lot of wandering once you hit Ixa'Taka.

You don't know that, and SoA turned into a series of incredibly boring and incredibly frequent random battles with a lot of wandering once you hit Ixa'Taka.
    Incorrect sir. Of course maybe I'm just crazy, but I enjoyed it all.

Though mind you, if there was another SoA coming out, that would be right near the top of the list.

Incorrect sir. Of course maybe I'm just crazy, but I enjoyed it all.

Though mind you, if there was another SoA coming out, that would be right near the top of the list.
    Skies of Arcadia was alright. But yeah, the airship battles took way too long to do each attack, and then random battles that took me 5 seconds to kill with Aika, but the intro to the battle, the victory dance, the winning screen.... Yeah it got annoying.

I enjoyed the game, but I actually quit playing it before I beat it, realized I never beat it a year later even though I was right before the final boss, and finally went and beat it. Any game that gets so annoying it makes me take a break, is not the best RPG of a system. Tales of Symphonia however, made me want to start over with New Game+ when I beat it.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Technically, Skies of Arcadia was a Dreamcast game. So yea it probably was the best RPG of the system ;p

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

The top of my list is Inazuma Eleven (Football/Soccer RPG from Level 5) and Valkyria Chronicles (previously mentioned). Don't know if Inazuma will be coming out in English, but as a DS game it's an easy import from me. I managed to play a demo of the game and it sold me.

Check out the trailer if you've never heard of the game before--skip to the 2nd half for some actual gameplay.
    Gamespot Japan: Inazuma Eleven Trailer

The rest of them (besides LotR, WoW and Zoids) I'm pretty much looking forward to as well, but Valkyria and Inazuma are the ones I'm actively keeping an eye on.

Also for you Skies of Arcadia fans making noise in here... you should be keeping track of Valkyria Chronicles as well. Besides several Skies characters being in the game, it was created by some of the same people who made Skies.

(SPOILER)Besides how interesting Valkyria is to me, as an anime fan I'm totally geeking out over the voice cast. A few of my very very favourite actors play roles in the game. I hope they keep the Japanese track in the game once it comes out.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 05-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.

The Last Remnant for me, because Im a n00b when it comes to non SE RPGs.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Sorry for the out of topic questions...
    JKTrix do you know if Yakuza 3 will be released in the west?I don't want to import a game that is very story based due to my lack of any serious knowledge of the language.
    Also are there any fan sites who translate Japanese games?

Again,sorry for the off topic questions.

Lotro: Mines of Moria for me.

Am i really the only eoffer interested in this?
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

From what I recall, there haven't been any official announcements regarding Kenzan/Yakuza 3, but the impression I got from interviews and other things is that they do want to bring it out. Yakuza 2 has been announced for the US and Europe for 2008.

For game translations, there are quite a few of them out there. One of them who I came to know about recently is TransGen, who recently put out a beta patch for an English translation of NamcoXCapcom. Most of them seem focused more on the older games from the <32 bit days.

Generally though, if a foreign game is popular enough, there will be guides on Gamefaqs. While not exactly a full translation and far more cumbersome than just having subtitles on the screen, they sometimes give you a decent description of the story as it happens. There is one for Kenzan on there now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    From what I recall, there haven't been any official announcements regarding Kenzan/Yakuza 3, but the impression I got from interviews and other things is that they do want to bring it out. Yakuza 2 has been announced for the US and Europe for 2008.

For game translations, there are quite a few of them out there. One of them who I came to know about recently is TransGen, who recently put out a beta patch for an English translation of NamcoXCapcom. Most of them seem focused more on the older games from the <32 bit days.

Generally though, if a foreign game is popular enough, there will be guides on Gamefaqs. While not exactly a full translation and far more cumbersome than just having subtitles on the screen, they sometimes give you a decent description of the story as it happens. There is one for Kenzan on there now.
    Wow,thanks a lot!!I checked Gamefaqs before but there wasn't any then.Hmm,i wonder if they'll keep the Japanese voices IF they release it in the west.With all this talk about the capacity of Blue Ray discs it's a shame that developers don't include the option for original language support (MGS4).It would be terrible for a game like Yakuza 3 to have english voice overs no matter how good they may be...I guess i should just import it.

Btw,Inazuma Eleven looks amazing,it could be the perfect game for a friend of mine (his main interests are Anime and Soccer).It also reminded me a lot of Shaolin Soccer
    Last edited by Nifleheim7; 05-15-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hoping to spend alot of time on Dragon Quest IX, and the Last Remnant has me really interested, i'll definately be picking that one up. But with so many good games coming out this year, I doubt I'll even be done with FFIV or TA2 on the DS before I get ready for the next round of RPGs. Not to mention the Sonic game for the DS, too.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Fallout 3, without question. I've been waiting ten years for this game.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Fallout 3. Thank goodness my new roommate will have a 360.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.