Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Final Fantasy do YOU want to see remade?

Default Which Final Fantasy do YOU want to see remade?

Love them or hate them, Final Fantasy remakes are here to stay and are steadily becoming more ambitious. What started with overhauls of FFI and II has now led us to a fully 3D, voiced over, and significantly expanded FFIV. And then there is all the controversy (not to mention ambiguous teasing) over a FFVII remake. I am of the opinion that we WILL see a VII remake, simply because it is logical to believe that Square-Enix will continue to grow and evolve its remake trend.

So which game do you want to see remade (or re-remade) and what features would you expect to see? Here are a few points I came up with upon pondering.

-Final Fantasy VI. Frankly, I would die of heart failure induced by multiple joygasms if this was remade for the PS3. Like most fanboys, I would love to see the final Sephiroth encounter in Advent Children-vision... But I think I would break down and sob at a fully-rendered final battle with Kefka in the clouds, complete with a fully-orchestrated Dancing Mad...

-Don't you get the feeling that (virtually) the SAME versions of Final Fantasy I and II have been re-issued way too many times? Enough already! The footage of Dissidia shows us that Amano's designs can indeed be realized in 3D. They should play with that idea more, and take it a step further. Imagine hand-drawn game like Okami... But with Amano art. Now imagine a next-gen remake of FFI and/or II with settings and characters that look EXACTLY like his concept art!

-I know it's hard to imagine how to expand upon games after VII, but you can brainstorm if you want to.

-A new Mystic Quest. On Wii. Don't ask; that's just my nostalgia talking.

Any FF game that a) anyone would want to play again and b) would benefit from a remake has already been remade. If SE is still desperate to bleed their IP's dry, they should remake Xenogears.

I'd like to see FF IV-VI on something like the PS3, so long as they use the, for the most part, the GBA versions script. (Kefka's Final Speech from the SNES version is a must though.)

And FF VII, with a completely updated script so that the games plot and story will read smoother and clearer then the original.

FF VIII needs to be broken completely down and, using many of the same concepts, build it back up from scratch, but try not to all over them this time around.

FF IX as well, just because I'm always for making awesome games look better, while keeping there awesome story intact.

Blog Entries

One that actually suffered due to Hardware limitations. :3

Chrono Trigger... Wait what?

Of the FF games, I'm not really sure. There's so much to FFV and FFVI, I think they might go overboard if they try to make them 3-D. FFVI would have a lot more to live up to, so FFV would probably be a safer road for them.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I would love to see VI remade but they have to make the characters look more like the originals.
    No blonde Terra and Celes with thicker longer hair, unlike the openin video in the ps version.

VII would be heaven, Yuffie and Vincent tho? what do u think? kept as secret characters or getting full character status?
    I sorta would want them properly but it was fun hunting them down, maybe still have those parts but instigated into the story so u have to get them.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

For the love of his noodly appendage - please never do FFVI in 3D.
    I can only see the point in visual upgrade of FFVII to get rid of Popeye physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The footage of Dissidia shows us that Amano's designs can indeed be realized in 3D.
    To a limited extent. The 3D modeling staff still had to visualise and come up with a face for each character, since all of Amano's faces look identical, regardless of gender.

I did want to see FFIV remade in more detail, but there's just one problem: it happened after I generally lost interest in the gaming scene as a whole, and I am not buying a DS just for the one game Sorry d00ds!

FFVII is very, very dangerous ground for Squeenix to tread on. If they remake the game, people will bitch. If they don't remake the game, people will bitch. If they remake the game and change anything, people will bitch. If they remake the game and don't change anything, people will bitch. They've accidentally pushed themselves into a bit of a catch 22 situation by making the compilation games and by showing off that tech demo (which we now know to have been the then un-implemented ending to Crisis Core). I feel sorry for any FF7 fans who were also Star Wars fans that hated those three prequels, having to basically re-live the whole experience again Actually I doubt they care.

i would want VI fully done to the level of XII, so it looks great, not a ds remake, i want a proper one. cos III for the DS is fun but no proper FMV's during the game
    thats something i love about XII:RW, that there are intimitent FMV scenes
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFII. There's so much they could do with it. There's many opportunities to recreate many of the events in cinematic glory, and the score was really ahead of its time.

I think VII, VIII, and IX could all benefit from a makeover. Looking back, the characters are notably rugged (presentation-wise) and the framerates could seriously benefit from an upgrade. Seeing it even in PS2, FFX-esque presentation would allow for it to be much more polished and considerably smoother.

I think it's funny that when SE decided to remake an Amano-designed FF into 3d, they get Akihiko Yoshida to design the characters. Only to do it again for IV.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I wanna see V with voice acting and his name as Butz. Or just his normal name. I wanna see some of the costumes in 3D though. And flying around on the dragon would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    i would want VI fully done to the level of XII, so it looks great, not a ds remake, i want a proper one. cos III for the DS is fun but no proper FMV's during the game
    thats something i love about XII:RW, that there are intimitent FMV scenes
    What exactly do pre-rendered cinematic cut scenes add to FFVI? Was playstation port somehow better than SNES version solely because of FMV?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I think VII, VIII, and IX could all benefit from a makeover. Looking back, the characters are notably rugged (presentation-wise) and the framerates could seriously benefit from an upgrade...
    Didn't they play at stable 60fps (NTSC) or 50fps (PAL)? Can you specify what was wrong with framerate?

umm i dunno pure eye candy, its just such a cinematic story and i love it as it is but it would be great to see it all polished
    I think the playstation FMV's suck a little on VI so id like to see them do it properly.
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    I think the playstation FMV's suck a little on VI so id like to see them do it properly.
    The one where they made random clips showing about seven of the characters and didn't apparently have time to give Locke a face? Yeah, those were a bit disappointing. It was otherwise very satisfying to see at least that much though, but we could so have done with seeing more

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm gonna be oh-so-uncool by saying FFVII. It'd be a great chance to fix the translation bugs, and it'd be neat to see the entire story in a consistent graphical style. As long as a remake didn't try to re-write, re-interpret or outright buggerize the original in any way...

Also: Vagrant Story. It's beautiful enough on the old PSX, so the entire thing in seamless 3D would be marvelous. And with high-quality voice acting that befits the brilliant dialogue.