Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTH Amazon!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

WTH Amazon!

Why is a used copy of ff7 $80 on amazon.com?

I got mine for like $20 three years ago. Did people freak out when AC and CC and DC all came out?

also is there anywhere else you could buy a cheap ff7? ff8 is still pretty cheap on amazon and I think ff9 was too.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I got mine for just fifteen bucks a couple of years ago at EB games...AC didn't come out too much later

I think I just got extremely lucky, though xD

I think with the popularity of all the new stuff, people got nostalgic and drove the price up. Then again, how many old RPG's don't sell for crazy prices. I saw a Chrono Trigger for SNES going for $60 at a video game trading place. 49.99 for a Shining Force 2 copy. It's nuts.

I got my FF7 from a friend. He bought two copies for some reason and said I could have it. Got a strategy guide too.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Your best bet would probably be somewhere offline really. If it's that expensive online, it might simply be easier to check a second hand game shop. I think I've seen a copy around here for about £10-ish. You checked eBay?

I got my FFVII for about £20 when they released the platinum version of it.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFIX in the UK is 50-60 GBP so don't complain.

I went to a Funcoland in New York once on vacation looking for Tactics. They told me they only have one copy left, a used one which was running like 80 bucks. I was 12, laughed at them, walked away. Week later bought the greatest hits at a Video Games Express for 20 bucks.
    This space intentionally left blank.

My first disc of VII cracked somehow last year, which was weird since I try to take good care of my games. I asked for another copy for my birthday so I could play it again. My dad had to drive 3 hours away to pick up the only used copy in a god only knows how big of a radius. It came to be about $60, and with gas I'm not sure if it was better than getting it online for like $80, but meh. From what I've seen, a decently priced copy of FFVII is damn hard to find.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

I'm glad I bought mine early and that they're still in excellent condition.

If I can sell it for $80, then I'll be the "nice-guy" and gladly sell my copy for $70.

I like Amazon. Today I bought an NES, a replacement 72-pin connector, and a Final Fantasy III DS Strategy Guide for under $50.

You can still buy new Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and Chrono Cross on Amazon for $20!

It was like $10 at EBGames before they merged a few months back

I found a new copy of FFVII in a Danish online shop for around 20 bucks a couple of months ago. They don't have it anymore, though

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I noticed this some time ago. It's very upsetting since I can't afford that.

Try Ebay, theres a lot of FFVII, VIII and IX copies going quite cheap everyday.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Why is a used copy of ff7 $80 on amazon.com?

I got mine for like $20 three years ago. Did people freak out when AC and CC and DC all came out?

also is there anywhere else you could buy a cheap ff7? ff8 is still pretty cheap on amazon and I think ff9 was too.
    I think it's a combination of the fact that AC, CC, and DC have come out and also that FF7 is a very groundbreaking final fantasy. It was the first of its kind to be completely 3d, have FMV's, etc. I think people are selling it at a premium because they know that people will buy it(supply and demand). Ebay is a tad cheaper than Amazon, but my suggestion is to check an FYE or a store that sells games near you. Sometimes, although rarely, they still have a copy kicking around. Other than that, you will have to wait it out although the price will most likely go up not down
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

Quote Originally Posted by jb24 View Post
    I think it's a combination of the fact that AC, CC, and DC have come out and also that FF7 is a very groundbreaking final fantasy. It was the first of its kind to be completely 3d, have FMV's, etc. I think people are selling it at a premium because they know that people will buy it(supply and demand). Ebay is a tad cheaper than Amazon, but my suggestion is to check an FYE or a store that sells games near you. Sometimes, although rarely, they still have a copy kicking around. Other than that, you will have to wait it out although the price will most likely go up not down
    You might also be surprised as to what they may have in the back at a K-Mart. Ours keeps pulling them out every once in a while to sell it for $15.