52. You may not vote on this poll
  • SOLDIER

38 73.08%
  • SeeD

14 26.92%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: First Class SOLDIER vs. SeeD

Quote Originally Posted by Suvious View Post
    You guys are thinking of when Sephiroth was a goody!
    We are thinking when Sephiroth was a First Class SOLDIER. Look at the title of this thread.

Let's put this in perspective. The characters all of you are referencing from FFVII, were not your typical soldier people. In fact, when you have control of them, not a single one is part of Soldier (except in Crisis Core). Trying to say, "Oh Sephiroth was Soldier so clearly Soldier." Even when he was a member, he far outclassed any other member. That's not a good standard.

In FFVIII, you also have the top of the line of SeeD. But guess what, they all stayed in SeeD while the people you're all talking about left Soldier. And Seifer was never a member of SeeD, just like Cloud was never actually Soldier

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Soldier wins

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    SOLDIER wins. They have an entire Compilation to show how badass they are. SeeD doesn't.
    What are you talking about? The entire FFVIII GAME is about SeeDs!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    1) A Compilation of games > one single game.

2) FFVIII game is about the main party. Yes they are SeeDs, but they aren't normal ones. We shouldn't believe that all SeeDs are like them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I don't think we ever see enough of either force to make a fair judgment.

The SOLDIERS you meet in game are tough but are still beatable by normal human standards. I mean even badass, "in a smurfing league of his own" Sephiroth was beaten by Cloud who is anything but a proper SOLDIER. So I don't believe SOLDIER is nearly as good as VII fans would lead you to believe. Hell, the Turks can hold their own against 1st class SOLDIER types (Cloud, Kadaj, and Zack) and they have no serious modifications whatsoever.

SeeD soldiers have more training and many are child soldiers (meaning their lives revolve around being soldiers rather than civilians with military training). Their services are sent in to deal with losing battles so they have a better reputation than SOLDIER. We never get an in-game assessment of what the GF's do for them so you can't honestly debate how powerful they are unless you use in-game mechanics at which point SeeD is obviously stronger. Even then, its still debatable...

Overall, we don't have enough info to pick a clear winner so it comes down to personal taste at which point I am voting for Magitech Soldiers would kick both their sorry asses!

To be 1st Class SOLDIER is to have the skill of zack, sephi and genesis who were all killed, remembering zack was killed by gunfire..

SeeD are generally weaker but they're ARE uber powerful SeeD such as Squall. Even the other SeeD were losing to the galbadian military during the garden wars.

SeeD = Small but super special forces team

SOLDIER = Super strong fighting individuals

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    1) A Compilation of games > one single game.
    That doesn't prove anything about actual characters. Mario has the most extensive library of games ever, so does that mean he's more powerful then all of the SeeD, SOLDIER, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Oath View Post
    To be 1st Class SOLDIER is to have the skill of zack, sephi and genesis who were all killed, remembering zack was killed by gunfire..

SeeD are generally weaker but they're ARE uber powerful SeeD such as Squall. Even the other SeeD were losing to the galbadian military during the garden wars.

SeeD = Small but super special forces team

SOLDIER = Super strong fighting individuals
    The "galbadian military" was of Galbadia garden... aka Galbadia's SeeD

As I stated earlier. No one you actually control is a SOLDIER in FFVII (except the one flash back). Everyone you control is SeeD (except before they passed their qualifiers and Rinoa but she's a sorceress).

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    That doesn't prove anything about actual characters. Mario has the most extensive library of games ever, so does that mean he's more powerful then all of the SeeD, SOLDIER, etc?
    During most of FFVIII and FFVII's games, we only have gameplay to go for. We know that the characters can use powerful magic, but that's it.
    Now, with the Compilation, we know how the characters actually fight. We have new FMVs, cutscenes, and an entire CGI movie to go for.

The Compilation made the characters of FFVII look more impressive than before, and in my opinion, it made them look stronger than FFVIII characters.

And I already heard many people say that Mario is one of the strongest characters in video game's history.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Not exactly... when the Sorceress took over Galbadia Garden, the students were all sent packing. Garden was always a separate institution from anyone's government.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    During most of FFVIII and FFVII's games, we only have gameplay to go for. We know that the characters can use powerful magic, but that's it.
    Now, with the Compilation, we know how the characters actually fight. We have new FMVs, cutscenes, and an entire CGI movie to go for.

The Compilation made the characters of FFVII look more impressive than before, and in my opinion, it made them look stronger than FFVIII characters.

And I already heard many people say that Mario is one of the strongest characters in video game's history.
    clearly they wanted to make the characters look more awesome to appease the rabid fanboys. Just look at Advent Children.

THE JACKEL

clearly they wanted to make the characters look more awesome to appease the rabid fanboys. Just look at Advent Children.
    It's not only about AC, it's about the entire Compilation. Just look at CC and DoC.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Not exactly... when the Sorceress took over Galbadia Garden, the students were all sent packing. Garden was always a separate institution from anyone's government.
    I think that the Galbadian forces were comprised of Galbadian SeeD and the Galbadian military forces from cities like Deling City, Timber, and any other cities in that region. The students may have been sent packing, but the game shows us that there are students and then there are SeeDs.
    I believe in the power of humanity.