SeeD are just military academy fighters

Soldiers are genetically modified super humans

Is it really a debate.. ?
    Exactly.

Str8 Pimpin'

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    That doesn't prove anything about actual characters. Mario has the most extensive library of games ever, so does that mean he's more powerful then all of the SeeD, SOLDIER, etc?
    Mario would just go Yo! Ho! Yippie-ka! on their asses and box them to kingdom come. Then when they were all dead he would throw fireballs on them.

hehe i was actualy thinking about this this morning so read up on both groups on the final fantasy wiki

even though i like FF8 (marginaly) better than 7 and therfore SeeD(or at least the idea of SeeD) i still voted for SOLDIER as most of the membersof SOLDIER you ever come across would beat up the SeeDs

sure squall and co. are all tough as nails but the rest of them seem to get an asskickin pretty easy as seen during the garden master faction crisis and the battle between the 2 gardens where some seed get killed or KO'd by crappy Galbadian soldiers

one other thing though the theory behind SeeD would suggest they are individualy superior but there are proabably ten times more SOLDIERS are we taking that into account?

You are saying first class soldier vs. all the SeeD , and is wrong because we know not all the SeeDs can considered like first class , so we can say first class soldier vs. first class Seed or soldiers vs. SeeD .

I myself go for the SeeD Because I think they are stronger than normal soldiers .

are we comparing the entire forces here or if a member of each force fought each other?

I don't think this is a fair debate, because First Class SOLDIER are the top members of the entire SOLDIER group. Whereas SeeD is the entire force. I think that one should compare First Class SOLDIER with the top SeeDs to actually make a comparison.

Anyway, I remember facing First Class SOLDIERs in Junon and they were fairly average. You don't face a normal SeeD in VIII (because Seifer failed, and anyway wouldn't be normal). I don't think Galbadia Garden retains SeeDs. They train their students, who afterwards go into the Galbadia army, or transfer to Balamb. I think at least. So I don't know how to compare the two.

why isnt turk an option? id vote turk i<3 reno!!!

and dont be dissin my sephi!!! *evil glare*
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

This Debate has been going on forever, ever since the first Cloud vs Squall debate.

If they aren't First-Class SOLDIER (or Cloud) then SeeDs win.

SOLDIERs are trained army soldiers
    SeeDs are trained Elite Special Force

it's like saying who's better, Army or Navy Seals?
    SOLDIER has many class so it's hard to say if they stand a chance against an Elite SeeD. (Elite is usually the top you can go)

Ok, let's look at the abilities.
    SOLDIERs (Ex-SOLDIER) uses powerful Materia for skills, ability, magic and enhancements. Limited by the weapon.
    SeeD uses powerful Guardian Force for skills, abilities, magic and can also junction magic for enhancements.

Who of the two is easyer to max out?
    Simple right. next.

Who Has the best Limit Breaks?
    Cloud : Ommislash 15hit M
    Squall : Renzokuken + Lion Hearth 21-26hit S

Tifa : Final Heaven
    Rinoa : Invincible Moon, Wishing Star, Meteor/Angel Wing + Meltdown

Zell: Final Heaven
    Cid: Highwind

Irvine: Max Fast shot (and turbo controller supply)
    Vincent: Chaos
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-11-2008 at 04:31 AM.

Ok, well the title says First Class SOLDIER vs. SeeD. If I remember correctly, in Crisis Core they explicitly say that the only first classes are Sephiroth, Angeal, Genesis, and eventually Zack. So, we have 4 elite SOLDIERs there who are infused with mako and have materia, while in FFVIII you have the top of the SeeDs which are basically all the main party (Squall, Zell, Selphie, Irvine, Quistis, etc.) who have the power of the GFs who make them immensely stronger. I believe the SeeD have it. I believe that it would be a great fight, but regardless of how you match them up, I think the SeeD would come out on top.

Also, I am not sure if this was meant to be just a one on one battle or all of the forces combined, but either way I say the SeeD will be victorious.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

SeeDs won against the G-Army's Assault.
    Remember?

During the two Garden Fighting, G-Garden continuously attacked B-Garden with their Elite Force when most of B-Garden's Forces were just students, they took a beating at first but Squall Encouraged his troops' moral, fought and repelled the entire Galbadian Army despite them having more experienced troops.

Most SeeDs are sent accross the world and aren't always present in the Garden. Balamb Garden was ambushed and there no way of re-calling troops so fast. You can tell by their uniforms that they were not SeeDs.

SOLDIER have many classes, up until First Class, they're all normal humans. And if Balamb Garden students were able to repel the G-Army, imagine when they're SeeDs.
    As for SOLDIERs, Cloud can take them out even if he's a Ex-SOLDIER.

SeeDs defeated Sorceresses with far greater than there own powers.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cloud was never actually in SOLDIER, he just got the same empowering treatment as a First Class.

Sure, SeeD are trained to defeat Sorceresses - but a former SOLDIER actually became a God, almost, and caused damage that scarred the entire world.

You mean Sephiroth?

Sephiroth has one wing, and Rinoa has two.
    Technically, only Rinoa could fly. (But, you know how the FFVII universe is, still, in that world, two wings should still fly better)

As for Gods go, well, in the FFVIII, the Sorceress have inherited the power of their own God, Hyne, before he got destroyed.
    Sorceress Ultimecia is the decendant of thoses Sorceresses combined.

Squall defeated the power of the God.
    Squall > God

As for Sephiroth, the real Sephiroth, he died by the Hands of Cloud.
    The other Sephiroth was just boosted by Hojo who was manipulating Sephiroth (To implement his consience, because Jenova cells were unfit for him, when he died again, he went to Weiss......)

So there's really nothing to it.
    Quistis can learn Shockwave Pulsar (The Greatest GF ability after Eternal Breath)
    Even Ruby/Emerald Weapon seems pretty easy to beat if you use the FFVIII cast with their abilites.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-12-2008 at 04:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Default this is a tough room

Well Siefer did become pretty strong but sephiroth made it all the way to the final battle area. which seifer did not and squalls whole world was destroyed. Squall then ran away and changed his name to leon. Plus everyones bringing out the armys of seed. Shall we bring out all of shinra's forces since that what SoLDIER is part of? If so Seed wouldn't stand a chance.

EDIT : so far its 31 people for SOLDIER and 10 for seed. thats three times more votes.

tuesday august 12th 2008 12:30am eastern USA
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    Well Siefer did become pretty strong but sephiroth made it all the way to the final battle area. which seifer did not and squalls whole world was destroyed. Squall then ran away and changed his name to leon. Plus everyones bringing out the armys of seed. Shall we bring out all of shinra's forces since that what SoLDIER is part of? If so Seed wouldn't stand a chance.

EDIT : so far its 31 people for SOLDIER and 10 for seed. thats three times more votes.

tuesday august 12th 2008 12:30am eastern USA
    You forget the topic is about First Class SOLDIERs and SeeD. So It would be all the SeeD vs First Class SOLDIERs.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

As thoses so called First-Class SOLDIERs, Sephiroth died by the hand of Cloud when Cloud was still weak and only a low-level infantry guard.
    So, like, just about any warrior could beat them.

B-Garden Students repeled the G-Army's Elite even when the G-Army were 5to1 (Imagine when they're SeeDs).

SeeDs would win (Unless you're counting the pacific white SeeDs).
    If you count Irvine and Rinoa as SeeDs, there's not doupt SeeDs win.

By the way, Sephiroth in the end has been boosted enormously by hojo far beyong the usual First-Class SOLDIERs
    Sephiroth only has 82500hp, so that's just 1-2 Renzokuken.
    B, one hit
    C, Renzokuken/two hits
    D, one hit
    E, one hit
    Safer, 2 Lion Hearts
    So easy to beat them, Squall beats him alone
    Could Can use Defend to avoid any nasty one hit death or powerful multiple attacks or use a GF for thoses 9999 always hit.

Finish with Lion Heart for style.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-12-2008 at 04:29 PM.