Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is Kuja such a noob?

Gotta love the left-handed compliments Crystal dishes out.
    He's not poking fun at Kuja when he brings up his "angry tantrums". It's kinda like how I'm not poking fun at Tidus when I say he "whines a lot."
    Tantrum and whine are typically negative descriptions of anything. If you weren't poking fun or being insulting as you almost always are, you would have said he perhaps went into a fit of rage at imminent death or he was extremely angered by te fact Zorn and Thorn weren't getting the eidolons from Eiko.

But you chose angry tantrum, something you'd choose to describe a little child thrwoing around toys because he didn't get his way.

So, please, don't try to hide your fanboyism.\

At least The Crystal is honest here on what he thinks of Kuja
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/2233091-post47.html
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 05-22-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    The "other tantrums" you mention, even though I don't remember any of significance other than his Trance, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, composed only a small part of his character. Every other moment we see Kuja he's always confident, collected, and calm, even during stressful situations such as the battles at Alexandria and the Iifa Tree. His last moments were nearly, if not the only times we see Kuja express such strong emotions like anger.
    Another of his tantrums(or moments of anger, if you prefer) was with Zorn and Thorn on the Hilda Garde. And I agree it was a "small part of his character" but it was there.

Kuja's actions at the end of the game are understandable. For the entire duration of his life he assumed he was immortal, and he devised a somewhat elaborate plan to overthrow Garland. It eventually worked, and he gained immense power through Trance. But at the moment of Kuja's greatest victory, Garland tells him that he is indeed a mortal. His burst of rage after he realized that all of his accomplishments would soon be worthless is perfectly understandable. Kuja didn't have any realistic options left to him at that point, so he chose destruction. It's not exactly honorable, but it's understandable considering his situation.
    Did you read my post? That's exactly what I said. There wasn't any "Brahne influencing him". It was Kuja's own rage(a justified rage).

What was Kuja supposed to do there? Give the crystal a great big hug and hope it would grant him immortality? Not likely.
    Why not? Better than doing nothing. The guy didn't even try.

Brahne didn't influence Kuja's actions. He mentioned that she had a particularly strong and wretched soul, and I'm sure it enhanced his Trance more than regular souls, but I doubt it had any influence over his actions. He had control over his Trance, Brahne's soul just enhanced its strength.
    Oh really? :rolleyes2
    Dude... Are you reading my posts? That's exactly what I'm saying. Goldenboko is the one who thinks Brahne was influencing him.

And yes, I think that his motivation was very cliche(conquering the world(s)). But he is much more than just his motivations, and I like the rest(including his moments of rage, because it makes him more human).
    Kuja is a good character, but as stated before, he isn't perfect. Unfortunately, people like Forsaken Lover can't see that, because they suffer a disease called "Fanboy Blindness". Poor them.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 05-22-2008 at 10:36 PM.

And yes, I think that his motivation was very cliche(conquering the world(s)).
    I've already proven this wrong before....

Motivation 1: Self-Preservation-
    Kuja: I must destroy him before Terra's plan is activated, or my soul will no longer be my own!

Motivation 2: Proving His Existence and Worth-
    Kuja: The weak lose their freedom to the strong.
    Kuja: Such is the way of the strong. And it is the providence of nature that only the strong survive.
    Kuja: That is why I needed strength.

So, stop making up things. For once. His goal and objective was to conquer the worlds of Gaia and Terra but it wasn't his motivation.

Kuja is a good character, but as stated before, he isn't perfect. Unfortunately, people like Forsaken Lover can't see that, because they suffer a disease called "Fanboy Blindness". Poor them.
    Unfortunately people like The Crystal are plagued with Sephiroth Syndrome. Captivated by the large thick hard object in his hands, their repressed homosexual desires make them worship this worthless character above all others. Trying to justify their subconcious wanting buttsex, they make up pathetic rationales to "explain" why Sephiroth is the best and why all else are inferior. In fact, let's here from The Crystal on why Seph > Kuja and see just how flimsy his excuses are:
    Setting the Record Straight - Page 3 - Final Fantasy Forums

lol He killed President Shinra and that makes him above Kuja....

Sadly The Crystal is a running joke on these and many other forums where people who don't share his poor affliction can see how Sephiroth is inferior to Kuja in every way.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Okay, you two have had your fun. Now knock it off. If you can't keep personal attacks out of this thread then don't bother posting in it.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Okay, you two have had your fun. Now knock it off. If you can't keep personal attacks out of this thread then don't bother posting in it.
    I was just giving my opinion about the topic of this thread, when Forsaken entered and begun insulting me. It's not my fault that he is obsessed with me, and have no life.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 05-22-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I believe Flying Mullet was referring to this comment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Unfortunately, people like Forsaken Lover can't see that, because they suffer a disease called "Fanboy Blindness". Poor them.
    Anyway, just felt I had to help Mully's ass

I was just giving my opinion about the topic of this thread, when Forsaken entered and begun insulting me. It's not my fault that he is obssesed with me, and have no life.
    This from the guy who sent no fewer than 3 PMs to me with no purpose other than to proclaim your victory and insult me?

Wow. The hypocrisy is of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I believe Flying Mullet was referring to this comment for you.

Anyway, just felt I had to help Mully's ass
    Well, he insulted me. What you expected?

But whatever... Let the obsessed Forsaken insult everyone who disagrees with him. I don't care anymore.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shut up or your banned. How does that strike y'all?

And when a mod tells you to do something you damned better do it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Back to what really matters... Kuja is not a "noob" by any means, but he isn't perfect. He was very smart, calm and collected, but he had some moments of rage, and one of those moments(at Terra) made him act a little stupid IMO.
    If he didn't let his rage take over him, I'm pretty sure he would have thought about using the Original Crystal to help him survive.

He actually may have thought about that. It may have just not been possible, regardless of what he did. In all reality there isn't a whole lot mentioned about the crystal until Memoria.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    He actually may have thought about that. It may have just not been possible, regardless of what he did. In all reality there isn't a whole lot mentioned about the crystal until Memoria.
    Not much about it is ever known really. All we know is the Crystal is the original and we can assume that Life cannot exist without it.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Back to what really matters... Kuja is not a "noob" by any means, but he isn't perfect. He was very smart, calm and collected, but he had some moments of rage, and one of those moments(at Terra) made him act a little stupid IMO.
    If he didn't let his rage take over him, I'm pretty sure he would have thought about using the Original Crystal to help him survive.
    Hmm... I felt felt that Kuja's world-destroying rage was an extension of his childish, selfish narcissism.

"Why should the world exist, if I'm not going to exist too?"

Not an exact quote, but rather a summary of what he was doing. He was prepared to annihilate all life simply because he discovered that he was mortal. That's not some grand scheme, an awe-inspiring motivation for domination. It's right down there with Kefka's 'reasons' for trying to destroy the world. When I got to that part of FFIX, I felt a little let-down - it seemed like they'd snatched a rather arbitrary reason for making Kuja a threat to the world, simply because the plot needed a threat to the world. However, FFIX was the third FF I'd played, after VII and VIII. Sure, geeks will piss and moan about how much they hate the plots, characters and antagonists of those games, but at least Sephiroth and Ultimecia had fairly compelling reasons for doing what they were doing. It's possible to see why someone in their position would be willing to destroy everything in the pursuit of their goals. An enemy who wants to become a god is, to me, more intimidating than an enemy who's simply given up on life.

It's not like Kuja's soul goal was to destroy the world.

The entire game he is fighting against two things. His own mortality, and his inferiority complex. The reasoning behind his world destruction instinct was the inevitable realization that he could never fulfill his only goals, and the world would inevitably leave him and the memory of him behind.

Kuja was unable to accept his failures. That mixed with his severe Narcisism is what led him to do what he did.

Much better reasonings and motives to do what he did then either Seph or Ulti had I'd say.

Also, Hojo was a real villian. Not the main one no, but I still thought he was a much greater foe then Sephiroth, or most enemies from FF.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Much better reasonings and motives to do what he did then either Seph or Ulti had I'd say.
    I just don't see much 'reasoning' at all there... Kuja basically hand a tantrum - a colossal, world-shaking tantrum - because things weren't going his way. Destroying the world for the sake of destroying it.