Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is Kuja such a noob?

Default Why is Kuja such a noob?

Guys heres an interesting question-
    You go into trance every 10-20 battles, you know doesn't take THAT long! So why does Kuja take SOOOOOOOOOO long in becoming what looks like a girls beanie toy? Just baffles me why it takes him like 20 years to turn into captain pink.
    Any comments?

Because Kuja never does battle and thus never fills up his trance gauge ever. He clearly starts at a negative trance gauge making you have to beat on him longer to get a trance going.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pay more attention to the story! Kuja can't go into Trance, to go into Trance you need to have a surge of emotion, Kuja, anyable to have such could not. So he absorbed Brahne's soul, giving him a surge of anger, activating Trance.

At least his trance went off when he needed it, rather than when fighting a goblin or something.

^ Good point, but it defeats the ATB style! You get pounded at like a boxing puppet, go mental and hurt them caijun style!
    @Goldenboko last time i played FFIX was when I was like 9! Then I lost it - now I'm buying a new one! So I can't remember all of those hugely inside details because I was young nd it was like 5 years ago xD
    @Bahamut~ If he never does battle why is he like completely pwnage against you?

Still bugs me why Kuja can't learn to use trance and when he does it makes him look so stupid..

Did he ever not look stupid?

What the hell!?

Kuja looks fricking awesome in both clips:

YouTube - Final Fantasy IX FMV - 1-18 Kuja

YouTube - Final Fantasy IX - Kuja Trance

Are you blind or wut?

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

He's a pink monkey in trance... That just makes me rofl when I think about it!
    Zidane: Haha Kuja turned gay! He's pink as heck!
    Pink Monkey Kuja: ~Ultima~ Boom... This pink monkey went Barret style and bazookad your monkey butt!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've always liked how Kuja looked. Very outlandish and different. Effeminate and mystical looking, with a large sense of mystery and a theatrical flamboyance, a bit like Edea, but to a different level. I liked it. Slight melodrama, but I really like Kuja.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvious View Post
    ^ Good point, but it defeats the ATB style!
    Mummy, why didn't they use a Phoenix Down on Aeris?

I thought Kuja's trance looked great. Coolest villain since Kefka imo.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    At least his trance went off when he needed it, rather than when fighting a goblin or something.
    Heh xD

Kuja's trance seems rather special, especially since he stays in that state once he achieves it. It doesn't wear off until he's defeated and near death.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Okay, first of all, OP, but you have no idea what you're talking about. You're taking all of Kuja's character at face value. Sure, he was girly looking, but that was just part of who he was. Everything the guy said was sinister poetry, and was easily the smartest and most sophisticated villain in all of the Final Fantasies, unlike those who were blinded by rage and mommy issues *coughcoughSephirothcough*.

Kuja's my favorite FF villain because of all of this. He was in no way a 'noob'.

I'm calling him a noob for taking forever to reach trance - I admit his first looks were cool, but his trance could have been way cooler than it was.
    At first I was like o.0 Interesting he obviously hurts you, then he goes trance and I was like WTF THATS UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Okay, first of all, OP, but you have no idea what you're talking about. You're taking all of Kuja's character at face value. Sure, he was girly looking, but that was just part of who he was. Everything the guy said was sinister poetry, and was easily the smartest and most sophisticated villain in all of the Final Fantasies, unlike those who were blinded by rage and mommy issues *coughcoughSephirothcough*.

Kuja's my favorite FF villain because of all of this. He was in no way a 'noob'.
    This isn't quite right either. Near the end Kuja was completely blinded by rage. That is the only reason he was able to enter trance at all. The only time people enter trance in FF9 is when protecting someone or very angry. Kuja was NOT protecting anyone. He attempted to blow up the world just because he doesn't want to face his own mortality. How would it help him at all? Certainly rage and not intelligence.

Also how could he have not known before Garland told him he was mortal. It should have been obvious to anyone with a clue. He killed countless other genomes proving they weren't immortal and knew Zidane wasn't either and Zidane was stronger according to Garland. Lets not forget either that his ultimate death trap in his own fortress was stopped by a pathetic frog. Sure the frog at one point was human but his mind was falling apart and with all the power Kuja had he would have to be stupid to let it happen. Kuja also let Garland play him like a fiddle for most of the story line.

Kuja was still a good villain in my opinion but he certainly wasn't smart and he gave in to rage just like everyone else. Certainly alot better then whatever the thing at the end was.