Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why is Kuja such a noob?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^Well you were earlier trying to argue that the crystal may have had the power to increase Kuja's lifespan. Yet there is no evidence for that within the game. Is it not fair then to assume that the crystal couldnt extend Kuja's life?
    The Original Crystal could increase Kuja's lifespam, because it's the source of all life in the universe.
    I'm just using a fact(the Crystal being the source of life) together with common sense(if the Crystal is the source of life, then it can give life or increase the lifespam of someone).

Kuja knew a lot of stuff about magic, so it seems reasonable to assume that he might have known about the powers and limitations of crystals as well. I dont view 'Kuja not trying to use the crystal to increase his lifespan' as a sign that he lost the plot and went mad.
    Yeah "he might have known about the powers and limitations of crystals", but what you have to remember, is that within FFIX's universe, the Original Crystal have no limits. It is the God of FFIX, the source of everything.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    ^Well you were earlier trying to argue that the crystal may have had the power to increase Kuja's lifespan. Yet there is no evidence for that within the game. Is it not fair then to assume that the crystal couldnt extend Kuja's life?
    The Original Crystal could increase Kuja's lifespam, because it's the source of all life in the universe.
    I'm just using a fact(the Crystal being the source of life) together with common sense(if the Crystal is the source of life, then it can give life or increase the lifespam of someone).

Kuja knew a lot of stuff about magic, so it seems reasonable to assume that he might have known about the powers and limitations of crystals as well. I dont view 'Kuja not trying to use the crystal to increase his lifespan' as a sign that he lost the plot and went mad.
    Yeah "he might have known about the powers and limitations of crystals", but what you have to remember, is that within FFIX's universe, the Original Crystal have no limits. It is the God of FFIX, the source of everything.
    Using your logic if it isn't stated directly in game, its a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    No. Read my post again:

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    Maybe he tried to use the Crystal to survive. But normaly, in fiction, if something is not showed, not mentioned, or not hinted, during the story... Is because it never happened. Unless there is a confirmation outside of the story(official book, or interview with creators) that confirms it happened.
    See the part in bold? It's hinted in the game that the Crystal could give life(and much more than that), because it's the source of life and everything else in FFIX's universe. It's friggin GOD.

Now, where it's hinted in the game that Kuja tried to use it's power to survive? Nowhere.

It is the source of life. That is all that is known about it. There is no reason to believe it can be used to expand your own life.

Common sense dictates that a man afraid of dying is going to do whatever he can to stop himself from dying, and thus he would have tired.

Don 't you love how Common Sense can be used to arrive at so many different conclusions? :rolleyes2:

But just because its the source of life doesnt mean you can extract life from it. The crystal wasnt exactly going to give Kuja life just because he told it to. There is no evidence to suggest that the crystal is in any way controllable.

Aha, beaten by NeoCracker.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It is the source of life. That is all that is known about it. There is no reason to believe it can be used to expand your own life.
    But just because its the source of life doesnt mean you can extract life from it. The crystal wasnt exactly going to give Kuja life just because he told it to. There is no evidence to suggest that the crystal is in any way controllable.
    I agree with you both. But my point is... Kuja didn't even try. How I know that? Because there is no evidence that he did. There is only theories.

Common sense dictates that a man afraid of dying is going to do whatever he can to stop himself from dying, and thus he would have tired.

Don 't you love how Common Sense can be used to arrive at so many different conclusions? :rolleyes2:
    But we have to go with what common sense dictates, and what is presented in the story. And the story tells us that Kuja wanted to destroy it. Nothing more.

If you think that he changed his mind in the Crystal World, and decided to try to use the Crystal... That's fine. Believe in whatever you want. But at least acknowledge that this is only a theory.

Kuja didn't want to destroy it persay, he didn't want it to go on without him.

While both are similar, they are distincly different things.

If Kuja didn't want the world to go on without him, as he said, if there was a way to continue on his reasoning for wanting to destroy the world wouldn't exist.

And it's no secret he fears death, as thats one of his driving motivations.

So it does in fact hint Kuja would be willing to prolong his own life, but as you said there is no evidence of him trying.

Does this not hint, using in game reasoning and motivations, that there was no way to prolong his life?

Kuja didn't want to destroy it persay, he didn't want it to go on without him.

While both are similar, they are distincly different things.

If Kuja didn't want the world to go on without him, as he said, if there was a way to continue on his reasoning for wanting to destroy the world wouldn't exist.

And it's no secret he fears death, as thats one of his driving motivations.

So it does in fact hint Kuja would be willing to prolong his own life, but as you said there is no evidence of him trying.

Does this not hint, using in game reasoning and motivations, that there was no way to prolong his life?
    So, you are saying that Kuja already knew it was impossible for him to use the Crystal, and then he decided to destroy it instead?

He obviously new about the Crystal ahead of time, as he knew where to go to find it, so he had knowledge of it.

Whether or not it is possible is up for debate and theory, but it's obvious as even if it is possible, Kuja didn't know how to do it.

Due to the limited time he had to live because of Garland, it's most likely he didn't have the time to learn how to use the crystal if it's even possible.

So basically yes, he knew he couldn't use the crystal. Nothing in the game even points to the possibility of mortals being able to use the crystal anyway.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    No. Read my post again:

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    Maybe he tried to use the Crystal to survive. But normaly, in fiction, if something is not showed, not mentioned, or not hinted, during the story... Is because it never happened. Unless there is a confirmation outside of the story(official book, or interview with creators) that confirms it happened.
    See the part in bold? It's hinted in the game that the Crystal could give life(and much more than that), because it's the source of life and everything else in FFIX's universe. It's friggin GOD.

Now, where it's hinted in the game that Kuja tried to use it's power to survive? Nowhere.
    Its never hinted that the Crystal could save Kuja. The Crystal is never referred to as God, but as the Origin of Life. Thats an important difference. Right now humans can create life by putting a sperm and egg together, that doesn't mean we can save every dying man.

Your being bias, you can use whatever facts however you want, but no one else can.

He obviously new about the Crystal ahead of time, as he knew where to go to find it, so he had knowledge of it.

Whether or not it is possible is up for debate and theory, but it's obvious as even if it is possible, Kuja didn't know how to do it.

Due to the limited time he had to live because of Garland, it's most likely he didn't have the time to learn how to use the crystal if it's even possible.

So basically yes, he knew he couldn't use the crystal. Nothing in the game even points to the possibility of mortals being able to use the crystal anyway.
    I was going to say that there was no way Kuja knew it wasn't possible to use the Crystal, because there is no evidence that he ever came in contact with it and tried to do that, before that moment in his life. But... You made a good point in the first sentence of your thread. "he knew where to go to find it". If Kuja knew where the Crystal World was located and how to go there, then there is a good chance that he already came in contact with the Crystal, and knew it was "useless".

Yeah, you can be right.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 05-24-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Crystal, the paragraphs of mine that weren't directly under quotes weren't aimed at you, but at the general populace of the readers. I was going to add a note but I got distracted with other things.

Since my two original replies to you have already been discussed I won't bother adding to them.

Crystal, Im glad you accepted that we might be right.

That kind of open-mindedness is refreshing to see. Even in scientific fields often people will hold onto their own beliefs, despite there being alternative theories with better evidence. Thats why they say that a new theory doesnt become popular by converting others to believe in it. A new theory becomes popular when the people who supported the old theory die out.

Anyway, on topic, I think the fact that Kuja already knew about the crystal is a key point raised by Neocracker.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cuz he is still a virgin until that night with Brahne. That unforgettable night that he became one with her.