Thread: Because Dammit, I Just Don't Have Time These Days!

Angry Because Dammit, I Just Don't Have Time These Days!

So, I'm trying a speed completion!

Within my play time of 1:42, I've fought only bosses, been shipwrecked by that dirty Leviathan, and gone from evil bastard to good bastard. On my way down Mt. Ordeals, I killed the three useless mofos and power leveled as much as I could before getting back to Mysidia.

With Cecil at level 20, I hope (and I'm pretty sure) that everyone that joins from now on will have their levels based on his. At least the people that matter, that is.

Have you ever done a speed run? I've beat this game in a little under 12 hours, but I'm hoping to pummel my own record this time. And it's looking optimistic so far.

The first time I played the SNES version as FFII, it took me about thirteen hours; I kind of cruised through the game as it was a) quite easy and b) I was enjoying it way, way too much.

Harder versions have taken me a hell of a lot longer though; I've only finished the "proper" game once (the PSX version, which I believe was just a retranslation of the Japanese hardtype)

Way back in the day when it was me, my brother, and sister all playing together (2 of us back seat gaming mind you) it took us along the lines of 50-60 hours to beat the game, but we also had no help and were young playing around, talking to everyone, and leveling way too much sometimes.

Now a days 15-20 hours I can beat the game no problem, I generally don't try for speed runs, though I'm thinking of trying a low level run. The game just isn't as challenging normally for me anymore.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I think the fastest I beat the original was 15 hours. The DS remake was something like 17.

I don't like to play for few hours xD... my saves are always about 40 to 60 hours xD (in FF7 it was much less, and in FF6 it was like 70 or more xD) ...I just like to enjoy every thing of the game, the first time i play a game i spent a lot of time leveling and searching new things... the second and other times i play it, I try to make it for few hours, but i just don't enjoy it the same xD... and then i'm leveling again or just spending my time for fun xD... then i have a save with a great number of gameplay hours again -.-' ...

But now i don't have much time too... (that's why i haven't been online in the forum since a lot of time =( too...)

Yaridovich, Luck with ur game!
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Well, I am on the moon ready to go into the Subterranae to find Zeromus, and my time is just under seven hours.

...I just need to get distracted from III.

Haha I got stuck on the moon on my low level challenge. My party is like 23-28, and I can't make it through the subterranean because I always either die to random mobs or from grabbing the wrong chests. I kind of stopped for a while mainly due to me trying to figure out how to survive Big Bang at my level. XD

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have the PSX re-release of the game, and trying to do a low-level speed run is just too daunting a prospect to consider. Trying to master the convoluted strategies for beating powerful opponents at such middling levels... I'll gladly leave that to others.

Actually so far the game has been easy. The only bosses to really give me a challenge was Barbaraccia but I won in my second try, Calcobrena (again second try), and lastly the Elemental Lords fight, which took me ages to beat, but I did with a half dead party.

Zeromus on the other hand I scratch my head on just because Big Bang does so much damage my party will be one shotted.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does Shell work against Big Bang? If so, it *could* help. Same goes for Kain's Jump, which leaves him completely untouchable for about a turn.

I dunno. I shudder to think though that I might have to do a solo Kain fight. I hate reverting to such tactics.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it'd be possible with solo Kain, since he wouldn't be quick enough to heal then attack without taking more damage...

This isn't a low level speed run that I am doing. Just a speed run. The trick is to power level Cecil right after he becomes a paladin and then again right after killing Dark Elf. The monsters are easy enough and the EXP is nice enough that when Cecil is alone (back-row preferably) he can gain 10 levels in about 45 min.

Then everyone you get to join the party afterward has their level based on Cecil's (excluding Edge).