Thread: Can I still get ExcII at my current time position?

Default My very first attempts in getting Excalibur II! (progress)

FIRST TRY

I am on Disc 2, just entering Conde Petie to get married, and I am around 7h 15m. This is an approximate time as I can't be bothered to check it accurately.

Note the following:

1. I didn't get Quina on Disc 1 so I don't have Limit Glove
    2. I don't have a chocobo
    3. My characters I wish to use in Memoria are Zidane, Steiner, Freya and Amarant, so the others are weak and hardly any abilities

So is it worth continuing?

My guess is no.

Last edited by simonalvelos; 05-24-2008 at 04:16 PM.

I very much doubt it. At 7:15 you ought to be on the early stages of disc 3. To have any chance you'd need to be at Conde Petie by 5:45ish.

Screw the sword. Steiner's Ragnarok is 100x easier to get and has no troubles reaching 9999 damage.

If you hall your ass big time, you can make it, but I wouldn't suggest it. If you want the Excalibur II, you are probably better off starting over and planning your course of action from the beginning.

Very unlikely, take a look at what you did so far and find some points where you wasted time. Then plan again and start over. Good luck

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

SECOND TRY

OK so I have now begun "Try Number 2" and I have saved before you board the airship at Dali at 1hr 44mins.

I have been looking at the uffsite.com Excalibur II guide, and it recommends that I start the Hunt Festival at 2hr 22mins. I am pretty sure I can meet this target.

I am feeling anxious about getting Quina and a Chocobo, and still aim to finish Disc 1 in 3hrs.

Any pointers/tips? Thanks!

Have you watched any of this guide?

YouTube - 1whoistornapart's Channel

Go down to playlists to see all the videos, their really helpful.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by simonalvelos View Post
    SECOND TRY

OK so I have now begun "Try Number 2" and I have saved before you board the airship at Dali at 1hr 44mins.

I have been looking at the uffsite.com Excalibur II guide, and it recommends that I start the Hunt Festival at 2hr 22mins. I am pretty sure I can meet this target.

I am feeling anxious about getting Quina and a Chocobo, and still aim to finish Disc 1 in 3hrs.

...sigh

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by simonalvelos View Post
    SECOND TRY

Taking a look at SeeDRankLou's excellent perfect run-through would probably provide a lot of tips. He went through the game getting everything and doing numerous other challenges as well, but I'm sure there are more than a few tips and tricks that you could pick up from that thread.

Specifically, I've never bothered to get the Excalibur II, so I can't help any more than that, I'm afraid.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

ive always wondered why people try to do this challenge
    sure any reason to play through again is good enough i suppose but jus doesnt seem worth it
    plus the story is too good to skip through

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    ive always wondered why people try to do this challenge
    sure any reason to play through again is good enough i suppose but jus doesnt seem worth it
    plus the story is too good to skip through
    That's what I'm saying the sword isn't that great and you're taking out all the fun when you r ush through the game.

steiners a god whithout it anyway
    probably the best fighter in the whole series