Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament - Round 1

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We have to be on Brawl at the same time to confirm the FC registration. My wifi kept dying last night but I think it may be fixed so I'll try to leave Brawl online tonight. My name is Stu on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    It comes out in Europe the day before it comes out in Australia.
    other way around, MATE we get it on the 26th, Europe on the 27th

.'. Europe < Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Yeah, I was T-Rex. I lost just like I thought I would.

Well, at least there was no lag and I was able to keep up with you in KOs. The Sudden Death matches really messed me up though.

Also Hsu, although I'm able to send messages to your Wii I'm unable to send replays to you for some reason.

Basically the 3 matches were Wolf vs. Falco in Yoshi's Island, Wolf vs. Ice Climbers im Smashville, and Wolf vs. R.O.B. in Lylat Cruise. The first two ended in a draw where we had a Sudden Death match with me losing while the last one had ljkkjlcm9 having controller problems or something.
    lol, it was me trying to type on EoFF while fighting lol
    I wasn't sure if it was you or not, so I didn't save the replays.
    Btw, I hate timed matches and do much better in stock. I don't watch the clock well enough to balance my percentage and damage and such to make sure I win. Stock is much easier to keep track of, as at the end of every match I had less percentage than you, and given another 30 seconds to a minute you'd have been killed again!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Personally I prefer stock too, but afaik it's not an option in online games.

Actually, in friends matches you can set it to stock, it's only the random matches that you can't.

All you do is set your normal Multiplayer matches to STock, and then enter Wifi and create a room.

The default will be set to the same as on your Wii, and you can alter the number of Stock on the Wifi connection during Character Selection as you could normally.

I played a few stock rounds on the Wifi already.

Yeah, with friends you can go and click on the bar at the top just like in the normal multiplayer thing. The person in charge of the rules rotates, so you can't personally set it everytime.

THE JACKEL

i concur...there's nothing worse than being in a timed match, and you've beaten up the opponent who's sitting on about 300%, but the time runs out before you can KO them...and WAIT, if you HAD gotten that KO, you could have gone to a sudden death round to kill them, or even could have won straight up timed FTL!

in saying that, i really don't mind timed matches it's just in those situations that it gets me...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To lj/Evastio: Who won out of your matches? I don't need the replays necessarily, just the name of the winner.

Also, I need to rework the brackets. Stuff may be funky, but since Jowy dropped and I never heard from some of the other players, I have three people going into the next round. I might do a point system where everyone plays everyone and the kills or kill/death totals from all three determine who goes on into the final round, unless we get someone random who wants to join in. Though that'd be unfair to the people who played through the first round, admittedly.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think is best. I'd like to have it sorted out by the end of the day so we can get the next round started, but I want to hear from everyone also.

ljkkjlcm9 won.

We could do.... stock matches. Each person plays the other two players twice. Kills are added together to determine the rankings. AKA, 3 stock matches, one person dies once, the other 3 times. That gives 1 person the 3 points for 3 kills, and the other only gets 1 point for 1 kill. That way no individual match will tie, and unless every match ends up 3-2 with each person winning matches, we'll have a winner.

I honestly don't care either way, the other two can play for the "title" if they want. I feel there really weren't enough people involved in this tournament, and if we can get a bunch more people, a doubles tournament would be more fun!

THE JACKEL

Jackals idea seems pretty cool.

I vote for stock matches as well unless of course there are those who wanted the matches to filmed (which i have no qualms with ).

As long as i play smash though it doesnt matter to me.
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I was way too busy this weekend to do anything about my match. Seeing how Jowy, my opponent, has dropped out, I have no clue as to what I should do now.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I honestly don't care either way, the other two can play for the "title" if they want. I feel there really weren't enough people involved in this tournament, and if we can get a bunch more people, a doubles tournament would be more fun!
    Yeah, I'm kinda feeling like maybe I should just scrap the idea of this one being much more than a practice round and planning for another one, with more advanced warning for the rounds.

I guess I'll throw it out to Monol and Arc: Do you guys want to fight it out another round, or scrap it and work towards a new tournament?

I say we give everyone another shot.

Im down for a fresh new start
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Banned
    Blog Entries

Only one month until I can get my hands on it now.
    I better pre-order it soon.....