Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Way to cavil. :P
    I have learned a new word :P

(SPOILER)I now officially hate this thread for having more posts than Boom Blox and Lostwinds. Hatex2 because I have posted a lot in this thread.
    Edit: Re: HAZE

If you get it, you get it.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 05-20-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries

No, it seems like LostWinds and this thread have equal posts.

Oh, wait.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, isn't the 80 gig supposed to be re-released this summer? Probably best to wait, as long as they don't screw people on backwards compatibility again.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post

If you get it, you get it.
    Haha, thats funny. But seriously, IGN were way too harsh in that review. I played the demo and sure it was bad but not that bad.

And 20GB's is honestly enough. As JKtrix said, you can put your own HDD in there if you want. But uninstalling and reinstalling games isnt that big a deal (of course, anyone out for Sonys blood will tell you its the worst thing ever) apart from maybe DMC4 which took an unusually long time to install (around 20 minutes). Sloppy developers in my opinion.

As far as I know all PS3 SKU have PS1 backwards compatibility, you just can't play PS2 games anymore.

And you don't lose your warranty if you change your HDD:

As you can see (or not :/) you can change the HDD without damaging the warranty seal. You can of course keep the old HDD and put it back in in case you have any problems with the console.

edit: wikipedia agrees with my BC point:
    Backward
    compatibility PlayStation (all models)
    PlayStation 2 (20 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB models)
    Source: PlayStation 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by phbr; 05-20-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    The only good thing on Ps3 is still GTA4, and thats out for my 360 too.. so I'll wait until the FF7 remake to buy that moneysurper.
    No body can tell me that GT: Prologue, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Warhawk, and Resistance aren't fun. And that's just the currently released exclusives. In fact, I wouldn't even rank GTA4 near the top of that list. The core gameplay maybe, but there's way too much that takes away from the experience for me like having to constantly keep up relationships with people. Going out to play pool and darts is boring. Hopefully Rockstar figures that out before the next game.

Anyway, yeah the 40 GB is only backwards compatible with PSX games. My advice is to just keep your PS2. You could never get enough selling it or trading it in to make it worth it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MedctnStn View Post
    Hopefully a new Final Fantasy game will be announced for the PS3. I plan on buying one this summer before the game is announced so I have a chance of buying one. Going to the store I noticed there are only ones for $400. My question is, can you still play PS2 and PS1 games on the mid-priced PS3 console? I have lots of games for each, especially the other final fantasies and don't wanna have to buy it and find out I cannot use my other games on it.

PS- I remember when the PS3 came out, there was a $600 one that guaranteed you of being able to play your older games, not sure if that one was short-lived one or not.
    I am expecting Final Fantasy XIII in Usa in Fall 2009 and Spring 2009 for Japan, but I originally expected it a year earlier though. Anyways, check out Square Enix's The Last Remnant rpg. It's getting a simultaneous worldwide release. They originally announced Spring 2008 but it may be out this Fall instead.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

Every ps3 console plays PlayStation1 games, only the 80 gig uses "emulation" for playstation2, which apparently means that since it's not its hardware running it, the software is a little iffy, some games aren't supported yet and some have minor glitches.

The 60 gig model is the best version, but don't fret, if you look around you might be able to find a refurbished one for a decent prices. Gamestop had them a while back, but they do have refurbished 20 gig models, which isn't bad since you can erase and reinstall game data if you need, or replace the hard drive like others mentioned.

Gamestop