Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

the kids at work were arguing over whether the bugs that attacked were ants or termites? what were they just so i can settle it
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    the kids at work were arguing over whether the bugs that attacked were ants or termites? what were they just so i can settle it
    They're ants

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    They're ants

THE JACKAL
    Best part about those ants: they're real (scroll down to Army/Soldier Ant). Warning for language, I suppose. The only thing they got wrong in the movie is that they wouldn't have ant hills. As far as I know, everything else (even the building on top of each other) is really stuff these things do. ; ;

It was an Indiana Jones movie through and through. If you liked the others, you should like this one. If you liked the others and didn't like this one, then I have absolutely no idea what you were expecting it to be.

And for the record, Temple of Doom was far more absurd than this one. If you want to quibble about absurdities in a series inspired by classic B-movie serials.

Saw it a couple days ago. The style of the film was exactly right, although the fridge was just too dumb. I mean, you would at least have several broken bones after going through something like that. As DK said, the plot was no more absurd than the previous movies, so I'm fine with it.

To me, the main issue with the film was its predictability. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, nobody would've guessed that the Nazis would get their faces melted by the power of God. In Crystal Skull, I found myself predicting most of the major plot points about 10 minutes before they happened.

Examples: (SPOILER)The alien coffin that the Russians found in the beginning said Roswell on it. What else could the movie be about?

As soon as Mac started grabbing treasure, he was dead.

From the moment his character was introduced, there was no way Shia LaBeouf (sp?) wasn't Indy's son.

I thought it was an excellent movie. Sure, it went beyond the realms of believability but if you're looking for realism in your films then Indiana Jones, any of the movies, are definitely not for you.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

saw it a couple of days ago, it was so cool, easily one of the best movies of the year

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I don't get what people are harping about. I watched the other 3 films before going to see this one, and this one was no more absurd than any of the previous three. Seriously, I think people just need to get their heads checked. It felt EXACTLY like an Indiana Jones movie to me.

THE JACKAL
    I agree. None of the other movies were realistic.. to say the least. (SPOILER)I didn't really mind the inclusion of aliens in the plot. Well, when the UFO took off at the end of the movie I was like "this is maybe a little too spacey", but that was it. The movie was very entertaining, and had many classic Indiana Jones moments and action scenes. (SPOILER)e.g., the jeep race in the jungle was pretty darn amazing! Also, the fact that Indy had a son didn't bother me at all. In fact, I thought it was pretty neat to continue the whole father/son pattern from The Last Crusade. And the fact that he had the child with Marion just seemed right.. those two characters just belong together. The chemistry between the two is just so effortless and natural. Personally, I love me some Marion Ravenwood and so seeing her return was great! Cate Blanchett was also a terrific villain.

All in all a very entertaining and funny movie that blended in very well with the rest of the series. I liked it a lot. Also, Harrison Ford was brilliant.. He's still such a cool badass, and it made me remember how much I actually love the Indiana Jones character and the series as a whole.

Blog Entries

I gotta say my favourite part was when Irina Spalko absorbed the heart of the TARDIS... Don't pretend it didnt happen!!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!