Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia VIII: Game on hold or ended?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia VIII: Game on hold or ended?

RULES

Borrowed from past hosts
    • Unless specifically mentioned in your Assignment PMs, all Mafia related discussion must happen in the Official game thread. Please do not discuss the game using instant messengers, IRC, Private Messages, voice chats, phone calls, snail mail etc. etc. No, we can't enforce this because we can't spy on you, but we would appreciate it if you followed this simple rule.
    • Do not reveal your role privately to each other. You can of course role claim as part of your strategy in this thread. Just don't do it outside the game.
    • Even though you can role claim you are not allowed to post your role PM.
    • Play nice. Even if you are using second accounts, don't resort to flaming and whatnot. Kill each other without resorting to being mean.
    • Please make all posts in the Game thread under your specific Mafia accounts.
    • Play fair. Also known as the "don't be an ass" rule. Being an ass includes cheating, diverging completely from your assigned role, going back and deleting or editing all your posts, using asshole-ish methods [M] to find out information about other people's roles, etc.
    • Do NOT use your Mafia accounts to post in any non-Mafia related threads.
    • You CANNOT abstain from voting!

Regarding roles and accounts
    • All of the roles were assigned randomly to a player and then those were randomly assigned to the character.
    • Don’t roleplay, it’s annoying. I know it is. Play your character how you want though. There will be no penalty to anyone who does role play.
    • Don’t share with others who you are or what your password is or what your role is. This makes it lose its fun-ness. Think for your selves guys! You don’t need anyone else.

Special Rules
    • When a player dies only the alignment is know(Town or Mafia or Cult)
    • Special factions can not talk during the day(Mafia, Cult and Masons)
    • Minimum 5 posts every 2 days. So you have to have made 5 posts in the thread between the current day and the previous day. Failure in this will result in death by town lynching(doesn't count as the day lynch...just an extra lynch)
    • There are no replacement players.
    • Days will be a minimum 12 hours long with a max of 24. Majority lynch does not take affect until after 12 hours so someone could have reached the threshold but people back off before 12 hours. The person does not die until he hits it again.
    • Nights will be a solid 12 hours. Since factions cannot talk during the day they need the night to talk about what people are doing wrong and create a strategy for the next day so they can do what they need to do.

YOUR MODERATOR

It is I the mysterious Wonder Chef! I’m your mod your moderator for this round of Mafia! I’ll help you guys with most questions that you have and I will attempt to keep you on track. I will remain more on the sidelines than past mafia moderators...that pretty much means that I do not post vote totals.

All night actions will be PMed to [M] Wonder Chef

DAY AND NIGHT

There are two phases, Day and Night. These will last at the maximum of 24 hours each. During the day discussion will be in this thread and it will be closed at night. During night those with night roles will PM [M] Wonder Chef with their activity. Once night is up day will come again and talking may resume.

Nights and Days will also be a minimum of 12 hours long.

VOTING

Players must vote. If you’re not going to be around please get your vote in beforehand.

When voting, please do it in this format
    ##vote: name

You can also unvote for people. This takes the same form:
    ##unvote: name

If a majority is reached after 12 hours, the one with majority will be lynched. If it’s a tie then there will be a sudden death. If time for the day ends, the one with the most votes will be lynched.

ROLES IN USE
    Wouldn't you like to know ;D

PLAYERS:
    [M] Bacon
    [M] Bagel
    [M] Captain Crunch
    [M] Cinnamon Toast
    [M] Donuts
    [M] Yogurt
    [M] French Toast
    [M] Muffin
    [M] Orange Juice
    [M] Pop Tart
    [M] Pancakes
    [M] Sausage Played by Neocracker. Was Guilty
    [M] Scrambled Eggs
    [M] Waffles Played by Sheep. Was Innocent

DAY ONE:
    Ends in 24 hours. There is no majority lynch today. People have liked the longer day from C9 mafia games so this is the compromise. Just a straight up full 24 hours.
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 05-23-2008 at 02:31 AM.

Blog Entries

It is a terrible day. My restaurant is busy and my cooks have sent me word that some of the food here is bad and down right rotten. Customers could get food poisoning. Be the worlds greatest chef, I of course know what food is evil but if I reveal that then they will kill me for sure before I can dispose of them.

That is why I have gathered all of you. To help save my glorious establishment. Please...do not fail me. You must beat the bad foods at all costs! Egg beaters, skillets, microwave and anything that can obliterate the scurge of the kitchen is fair game. I wish you all luck...for ye shall need it!

Hello! I am Yogurt and I am delicious and good for you. Unlike bacon. Bacon tastes icky and is bad for you and some people can't eat it or they will go to hell.

Shut up, fatty. Yogurt is no better. People can be allergic to you and die upon physical contact.

Bacon is awesome. Scrambled Eggs is nothing without me. NOTHING!

I'm not fat

YOU'RE FAT! You ARE fat

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Ummm Hi. I'm pop tarts. I'm all gooey and fruity inside. But I'm not gay!

Look, we're both strawberry flavored!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Hurray for strawberry!

Hello hello

Hi, I am a muffin!

Ok 2 things...

1. It's cap'n crunch, not captain crunch
    2. I much prefer frosted flakes

First off, there are so many issues with your scenario, I'm not even going to bother pointing them out.

NExt, I'm a giant sausage, who wants a bite?

sup guys. lets get this day started. speaking of which how the hell do we do that?

Blog Entries

What do you mean how do you get the day started? It is 6 hours into day 1 right now. You all have been playing the game ;D

I meant like what should the town do... We don't really have anything to go off of xDDDDDD