View Poll Results: Which is the best plucky resistance movement?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy II - Wild Rose

11 28.95%
  • Final Fantasy VI - The Returners

14 36.84%
  • Final Fantasy VII - AVALANCHE

11 28.95%
  • Final Fantasy VIII - The Forest Owls

2 5.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Returners Vs. AVALANCHE Vs. the Forest Owls

Forest Owls really only existed for that train part of the game
    Avalanche only existed until you left Midgar....
    You were part of the Returners for the entire game, except right at first when she was controlled by the empire. After that point, you were part of the Returners... Locke and Edgar were both high inside the Returners... Terra just was undecided at that point. But literally you ARE the Returners.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The Forest Owls are my favorite...they're just so darn cute! Though I think AVALANCHE was the most effective in all of the games I've played

Wild Rose was the only one of those groups that actually accomplished what it set out to do without complications from the enemy-within-the-enemy.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going for the Rebels/Wild Rose from FFII if only cause they are the most consistent group in their respected games. As stated before, AVALANCHE falls apart after Midgard (technically, they're not a rebel group anyway), the Forest Owls basically break up after Sorceress Edea makes her appearance, To me, the Returners fall apart after the Empire surrenders though most would say they disband once the world is decimated by Kefka.

The Rebels in contrast stay as a major focus for most of the game and many of their characters play key roles throughout the game. The group is important to the story so much that I feel they are the best. The accomplish their goals and much more.

Like 'The Crystal', i'm voting for the cool AVERLANCE, the one's who were actuall effectivly organised.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Since the poll came up I voted for Wild Rose, although that was only their password, they were only known as "the rebels"
    I think it was their name; I seem to remember someone saying 'some password, using our name for the password!' but maybe that wasn't actually in game.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Like 'The Crystal', i'm voting for the cool AVERLANCE, the one's who were actuall effectivly organised.
    Did you just imply that Wild Rose, and The Returners weren't affectively organized!?!

BAD!

so i take it "plucky resitance movement" is newspeak for terrorist orginisation?

Which AVALANCHE?

BC AVALANCHE or FFVII AVALANCHE?
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

The returners were actually skullskullskullskull. No, I don't consider the members of the returners in your party to be returners for most of the game. What did they actually do? I can't believe they're beating AVALANCHE x) Although AVALANCE did do about as much harm as good, they were a lot cooler and more interesting than the returners.

for the record i voted for wild rose because they didn't kill any innocents and they were much more involved with the plot and hilda is excellent.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

In Avalanche, They have Cloud/Tifa/Barret. So you can't say it's inneffective. Hey, They were about to overthrow the President of Shinra but Rufus arrived and took his place instead.
    So much for vengeance of their fallen comrades...

As for the forest owls, they didn't even have the right President.
    Rinoa is the only effective member in the group (besides the SeeDs)
    Rinoa: "Oh yeah, find a way to get rid of the Galbadian Soldiers, I'll just go to sleep"
    And then the entire Forest Owls resistance suddenly becomes innaffective without Rinoa.

Yeah, the Forest Owls gets the amateur vote.
    And, Avalanche is the really the bravest bunch.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 09-10-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    AVALANCHE - small, but fairly effective. Some extremely dedicated members. They made a real impact, for better or worse.

literally!!! aw god im laughing so damn hard im getting a headache.
    biggs took a header, and then they drop the damn plate on them!!! damn thats good!!!
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

What did the Returner's do in the game (non-playable characters, I mean)? How did they bring down the Empire?

AVALANCHE actually did do something. Whether it was justifiable is in the eye of the beholder, but they actually resisted Shinra.

Is anyone gonna answer my question?

I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project G View Post
    Is anyone gonna answer my question?

I think it's more FFVII than BC.
    You can count both, I think.