Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII LIVE ACTION film?

Well, that list of yours sounds terrible.

What makes you say that?
    Is that your final answer?

CG movie = Characters from the FF7 universe. They AREN'T going to make the characters look like real life actors. Imagine how pissed off the FF fans would be if they were expecting to see Vincent, and instead saw HAYDEN. Also, the actors you've chosen sound unsuitable to me.

In a recent interview, a guy from FFVII's team at Square-Enix, said that the last title of the Compilation will be presented in a "new format".

Can you imagine if they make it a live-action movie?

Poor us.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 05-24-2008 at 12:00 AM.

What about Michael, Carly, and Hugh?

Hugh Jackman = He looks nothing like sephiroth and I can't imagine him playing him.

I don't know about the rest. A live action film would just be terrible, completely and utterly terrible.

Oh my...

I think the reason Squeenix were so pissed off about that live action version of the Tifa fight scene is that it basically showed them up by making them think "Crap, we could've easily done Advent Children live action, saved tons of time and money, and it would've been just as good."

But me? I'd rather see it serialised in anime form like Star Ocean 2 was.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm scared that they won't be able to pull off the Square Hair with live actors :S

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I'm scared that they won't be able to pull off the Square Hair with live actors :S
    Yeah, Cloud's spiky haiir must be challenging to emulate... maybe that cane be a wing and then his real hair is long like Vincent's, except he's blonde.

If it was to be a film it would be crap. But if it were a trilogy or perhaps even as big as the star wars saga (a "sesilogy" I think) then if may be able to fit the storyline in.

In fact I think that any FF movies that square enix makes in the future should be trilogies.

ive seen a few cosplayers carrying of the cloud hair quite well
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

It probably wouldnt be that good but id rather see it as a tv series like Lost or Prison Break.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Here are my picks for the cast:

Hugh Jackman-Sephiroth
    Michael Johns (American Idol 2008 finalist)-Cloud Strife
    Carly Smithson (American Idol 2008 finalist)-Tifa Lockhart
    Hayden Christensen-Vincent Valentine
    Adam Gontier (Three Days Grace vocalist)-Zack Fair
    Holly Brook (singer featured in Fort Minor)-Aerith Gainsborough
    Wyclef Jean-Barret Wallace
    Devon Aoki-Yuffie Kisaragi

Even if they made another CG movie like its sequel Advent Children, I'd still like the characters to look like and be voiced by the above selections.
    err..you'd want to put american idol finalists in a movie? people with probably little to no acting experience? That doesn't seem like a good choice at all to me, even when ignoring the fact that I hate everything that is American Idol...
    *Insert epic sig here*

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Barret is twenty years younger thanMr. T.
    Fixed.

It'd be tough to match character appearances with real-life actors, so there'd always be some controversy or dispute. Many of the popular choices are simply way too old to convincingly portray the roles they're suggested for. Johnny Depp, for instance, doesn't have the smooth twenty-something features needed for Vincent anymore.

It'd probably work better with lesser-known actors who look the part, rather than by shoehorning known stars into unsuitable roles.[q=The Crystal]In a recent interview, a guy from FFVII's team at Square-Enix, said that the last title of the Compilation will be presented in a "new format".[/q]That could mean anything from the PS3 to a hardcover novel Both of those would be 'new' as far as the compilation's concerned...