13 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Main Character

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default Favorite Main Character

Forget the other people on the team. Just focus on the leader. Fighter is the leader of the FFI squad just because. And I could decide who's the main character of FFVI, but besides that vote on your Top 5. FFVI can only get one vote even if Terra, Locke, and Celes are better then the others

My Top 5

5 - Vaan
    He gets bonus points for the whole scene in the forest. The way demanded answers all the way to when he asked how old Fran is. I never laughed so hard at Final Fantasy character before. Plus not to mention he almost never dies in battle.

4 - Butz
    Cause he's the Butz and his team for most of the came consisted of him and 3 females.

3 - Celes
    She was pretty much a staple in my team from the moment I got her to the very end. Her ability saved me a couple times.

2 - Cecil
    Went from Dark Knight to a Palidin. Had some crushing revalations, saved the world, the underworld, and the moon and still got married. He deserves a medal.

1 - Ramza
    Forget what I said about Cecil. Ramza deserves a medal. For all he did and got nothing.
    Last edited by Vermachtnis; 05-23-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: My top 5

Whoops, I only voted for one.

And, shock horror, it was Zidane.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Whoops, I only voted for one.

And, shock horror, it was Zidane.
    Surprise!

Anyway, I voted for Cloud...he was complex and the gamer basically had control over his personality for the first half of the game.

I voted for everyone because I could.
    In all seriousness, though, my favourite is Cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Tidus is my favorite n.n

Cecil is probably my top favorite because I enjoyed FF IV as a whole and I really liked how he is one of the only characters in the whole series to drastically change. He goes from being a Dark Knight to a Paladin so your way to fight with him changes a bit. But not to mention just that he goes through quite a bit of conflict and was the first TRUE main character of a Final Fantasy (having a name, lot's of dialog, and a personality/character which Firion lacked in several areas).

Although I also enjoyed Zidane because he wasn't like any hero before. He didn't wield a sword, he wasn't the big tough fighter type. He wasn't "I'm too bad ass for even myself", he was funny, he was a truly caring person, and a thief. All of which made for a unique character and a fun play through. Zidane is one of the few main characters I don't wish I could kick out of the party.
    This space intentionally left blank.

cecil and locke. idk why i just like them out of the rest :/

Squall for being the most realistic lead, and the one most people can relate to the most. Everyone goes through that period of their life, and some people never leave it. He wasn't emo, he just had a negative outlook. He never expected anything, and therefore couldn't be disappointed. If you expect other people to fail, it isn't a surprise when they do.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I was only able to pick three, and would you believe they were the overall top three anyway? Terra, Zidane and Cecil.

Crap, shoulda voted Fighter too.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 05-24-2008 at 05:05 PM.

I dont get people saying Squall is the most realistic. To me he always seemed pretty unrealistic whereas Zidane seemed more natural. Tidus too, although his voice acting kinda spoiled that.

I guess we all have different perceptions on realism. Not that I believe realism is necessarily a good thing. It is Final Fantasy after all.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I dont get people saying Squall is the most realistic. To me he always seemed pretty unrealistic whereas Zidane seemed more natural. Tidus too, although his voice acting kinda spoiled that.

I guess we all have different perceptions on realism. Not that I believe realism is necessarily a good thing. It is Final Fantasy after all.
    Well my question to you is, what about Squall was unrealistic? I can't think of a single thing about him that couldn't be associated with a real person (ignoring the battle system with drawing magic and GF junctions, based on his personality)

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

My votes were Terra, Cecil, and Zidane. Terra is a killing machine and a strong mage all in one; Zidane always keeps me amused in FF9; and Cecil is the best leader.

I picked Benjamin.

His WTF-shoulder-shrugs and confused-but-I'll-go-with-it-anyway attitude reminds me of myself when my friends are sitting around playing D&D, talking about "moon babies" and creating stupid sounding fantasy names like "Elektra Xehelis". :rolleyes2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Zidane is the one for me and I'm surprised that he's winning so far, I thought everyone would jump on the Cloud train just because he's from VII. I like Zidane for the same reasons that everyone else does. He was different than others and his character was sort of an inspiration to me.

I only gave 2 votes, is that considered cheating?