Thread: How to post in/start new game threads

Default How to post in/start new game threads

I mean no offense, but it's just something I've noticed happen and it quite honestly annoys me. Game threads may not pop up much that I see (though I'm not one to talk, I have that tendency of disappearing for weeks on end), but I think it deserves at least a minor spot in some sort of FAQ.

Starting a game thread

1.) First and foremost, make a posting limit. If you don't it's likely a lot of people will post as frequently as they can.

2.) Make it something interesting, and of course following rules of being appropriate and whatnot.

Posting in a game thread

1.) Read the first post in entirety before posting. Having an idea of what the game is about is a good thing.

2.) Follow the post rules. If the thread starter said to wait 10 posts before posting again, wait until after the 10th post after yours to post.

Again, not meaning to offend people but perhaps it could be some habit to skim over stuff until the end, and that usually leads to problems. Any other ideas for game thread rules or the likelihood of this thread being closed are welcome.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Blog Entries

Or just not make the abomination that is a game thread in the first place

there was a picture here

Why, I actually agree with this thread that has been in Feedback all along, and not moved there from General Chat.

But really, I do think it's a good Idea.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

ITT: Another sticky-to-be that will inevitably be ignored.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Why, I actually agree with this thread that has been in Feedback all along, and not moved there from General Chat. But really, I do think it's a good Idea.
    What? This isn't feedback as to how the site and forums are run. The guy's just giving advice to other members.

It was the Idea of adding this to the FAQ that makes this Feedback worthy.

I always assumed making a suggestion to add something to the FAQ made a tread Feedback.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The thread title is "How to post in/start new game threads", not "Hey guys add this to the FAQ", and most of the content is based around that, so I think General Chat is its home.

Either way, it won't be added to the official EoFF FAQ 'cause otherwise we may as well fill the thing with guides telling people how to make every type of thread there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    The thread title is "How to post in/start new game threads", not "Hey guys add this to the FAQ", and most of the content is based around that, so I think General Chat is its home.

Either way, it won't be added to the official EoFF FAQ 'cause otherwise we may as well fill the thing with guides telling people how to make every type of thread there is.
    Understandable. I'll phrase it better, just saying what I thought needed to be said.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!