Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 big gaming choices....

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

also, is every xbox game compatible with the 360? i would also like to play a bunch of xbox games that i wanted to play before like halo and kotor

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Articles
    Blog Entries

^not all of them, it's kind of a hit and miss thing, you'd have to check whatever list they have out at the moment.

I would recommend asking yourself if there are any XBOX exclusives that could top Metal Gear Solid 4 (and likely future MGS titles) or if it's outnumbered by them. Plus - there's a MGS4/PS3 bundle that's packaged with the new Dual Shock 3. Another good PS3 exclusive that I would add to the list that's already out is Heavenly Sword. Also Motorstorm; I haven't played/really enjoyed a racing game in years, and neglected this game early on, but recently I've been hooked.

There's so many things that come with the PS3 package that put it above XBox for me. 1) You don't need to pay for rechargable battery packs 2) You don't need to pay for the internet service, which is about caught up now 3) You don't need to pay for a wireless internet adapter if that's your thing 4) Plays Blu-Ray, which is the heir-apparent to DVD's 5) USB, SD, CF, and Memory Stick drives for you to transfer pictures, movies, and music from your computer, I've saved multiple albums for when I'm working out and the complete Season 5 of the Sopranos on my hard disk.

One important thing to keep in mind is that the games are also on Blu-Ray. In the High-Definition age of gaming, it takes considerable amounts of memory in order to make such detailed environments. Because of the enormous space it takes, you have games like Halo 3 ending up being 3.5 hours long on a DVD. Blu-Ray holds about 6x more memory, so you won't have to worry about multiple discs, short games, or anything like that.

I would go with the PS3 based on the Blu-Ray offering so much more potential.

For example Resistance 2 (First Person Shooter) aside from it's single player campaign it will have an 8 player co-op campaign (separate story, so you might visit different locations than in the single player game, with different classes to play as), plus the multiplayer maps will allow up to 60 players.

Resistance 2 is expected to be on a dual layer disc which holds up to 50gbs of data.

Your parents suck. xD I'd take a Wii before anything else. Kiddy? Kiddy friendly maybe but it doesn't mean you won't still have a good amount of fun on it.

Or so says my addiction to super smash brothers, Mario Kart and soon-to-be-addicted-too Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Either way, 360 would prolly have more games and then from what I'm seeing most games aren't Ps3 dominate anymore, meaning the chances of it made for Ps3 and 360 are pretty good.
    Still, your choice. I'd kick my parents ass if they didn't let me get a Wii (even though I have one) luckly for me, My mom and her Bf love the Wii and my Dad's played bowling with us for a few hours when he visited.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    plus the multiplayer maps will allow up to 60 players.
    damn

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

after reading bolivars post, i sort of want a ps3 now =/

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I'd go for the PS3. Either of the X-Boxes have never ever interested me, and also the PS3 will have some great exclusives, e.g.: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Tekken etc. - and also Blu-Ray.

Out of the new generation of consoles I definitely want both a Wii and a PS3.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

If the 360s weren't so unreliable, I would provide a fairly decent opinion on why it would be a better choice than a PS3.

But since they do have a pretty high chance of breaking, the point is kind of moot.

If your parents can wait until June 12th, get a PS3. The 80 GB bundle released that day will not only allow you to play most most of your PS2 games (the 40GB versions that are currently abundant do not play PS2 games), but it comes with a rumblin' controller and Metal Gear Solid 4.

I do prefer the 360's library to the PS3's. Metal Gear and Final Fantasy are franchises I can 'do without'. I wouldn't trade my working 360 and my library of games for a PS3 to play anything on the PS3 that is now available or coming in the forseeable future. Which is why I have both :P

Ignorant parents on the Wii thing though. But still, they're willing to pay more money for a 'bigger' console, so run with it I say.

In case it wasn't clear, I did cast my vote for the PS3.
    (SPOILER)Though really, the DS is my best and favourite system. If you don't have one, I'd put that as top priority. But get your parents to spend the big money first :P

^What exclusives are there for Xbox 360?

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    That aren't going to be for the PC as well.

And the only ones that come to mind are:

Blue DRagon
    Lost Oddysy
    Eternal Sonata

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Eternal Sonata
    Eternal Sonata will be coming to PS3 as well.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's a list of 360 exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Eternal Sonata
    Eternal Sonata will be coming to PS3 as well.
    Wow, did not know that.

I might just have to trade in my 360 copy, given I don't have a 360, and I prefer the PS3 controller anyway.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Here's my take on it.

Replace "three" with "eight" though. Still very pleased with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Here's a list of 360 exclusives.
    Ahhh, thanks.

Yeah, that list doesnt really appeal to me. In fact, the only games Im genuinely interested in out of them are Lost Odyssey and Viva Pinata. Maybe Halo 3 as well. Maybe.
    Wow, did not know that.

I might just have to trade in my 360 copy, given I don't have a 360, and I prefer the PS3 controller anyway
    Its supposed to have more playable characters as well in the PS3 version.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky