Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 big gaming choices....

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

2 big gaming choices....

alright well my parents finally decided its time for me to bump it up in gaming :rolleyes2

and i have the choices for a PS3 or an Xbox 360

(i cant get a Wii because my parents think its too kiddy and i cant convince them -.-)

so i need help choosing 1, the ps3 looks great, but the only game i would get is MGS4 because all the other games are on the 360 too so what do you guys think?

which packages should i get too?

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Well judging by the fact you are on Final Fantasy forums I'll assume your interested in FF13 and Versus which is PS3 only at this time. Also alot of the better games on Xbox 360 are also PC games and play better on PC anyway. Not all but a large amount anyway.

im not really a big final fantasy fan...

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It depends on what you want to be playing, really. As you see, the only big PS3-exclusive you're interested in is MGS4. A lot of the time games are on both platforms, but have differences (And not just technical ones.) When it comes to online stuff, the 360 is frankly excellent most of the time. Friends, DLC, Arcade, it's pretty fracking fantastic. I can't speak about the PS3 properly as I don't own one, but that system has its own strengths.

Your best bet would be to go to Wikipedia or Metacritic or something, and just find out about a bunch of games on both consoles. That's pretty much the make-or-break factor when buying an item specifically for the purposes of playing games For my money, I've been extremely satisfied with my 360 purchase since day one, and it's got great games like Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo 3, Earth Defense Force 2017, GTA IV, BioShock, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 - you get the picture. It's a pretty action-oriented system, though, something you might want to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really View Post
    im not really a big final fantasy fan...
    Buy an xbox360 then.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I prefer the PS3, personally, the 360 is too much of a casual crowd-pleaser for me, personally.

I think it was obvious that it was your own personal opinion after the first personal.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Your best bet would be to go to Wikipedia or Metacritic or something, and just find out about a bunch of games on both consoles. That's pretty much the make-or-break factor when buying an item specifically for the purposes of playing games For my money, I've been extremely satisfied with my 360 purchase since day one, and it's got great games like Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo 3, Earth Defense Force 2017, GTA IV, BioShock, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 - you get the picture. It's a pretty action-oriented system, though, something you might want to keep in mind.
    yea i like action games like you pointed out

also hows the multiplayer aspect, is there 4 plugins? is xbox live easy to get on and such, what can i do with both, did they fix overheating? O_o

Look at the games.

And if you care about Blu-Ray, factor that in as well.

I only know the PS3 exclusives, which are:

Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Little Big Planet
    Gran Turismo 5
    Resistance 2
    Tekken 6
    Killzone 2
    Folklore
    Home
    Ratchet and Clank games
    White Knight Story
    God of War III
    The next game from Team Ico

And thats all I can think of.

For the Xbox 360, I cant remember them. But I didnt find the list as appealing tbh.

EDIT: oh yeah, Bioshock is coming to PS3. And CoD 4, GTA IV, Oblivion are also on PS3 as well.
    Last edited by Vivisteiner; 05-24-2008 at 11:22 PM.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Well if all your interested in is MGS4 and a few multiplatform titles then I would suggest a PS3. That was a no brainer.

Blog Entries

Well, MGS4 will probably last a while with collectibles and the Metal Gear Online mode, but you're bound to get bored of it eventually. Look at some other games you're interested in for the system.

##VOTE: PS3

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 360 is a nice console, theres 4 players yes but the pads are wireless so you just need to turn them on. With the multiplayer, it's brilliant even small games on halo 3 are brilliant fun and when you go on in to bigger games it's even better, just ask my fellow spartan nuts psy, rye, milf, dan ect.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    EDIT: oh yeah, Bioshock is coming to PS3. And CoD 4, GTA IV, Oblivion are also on PS3 as well.
    Never said otherwise. Just said the 360 has 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    also hows the multiplayer aspect, is there 4 plugins? is xbox live easy to get on and such, what can i do with both, did they fix overheating? O_o
    Multiplayer is awesome. You can have up to 4 controllers - go for wireless ones, they're awesome. Battery packs + recharge station is expensive at first but the money should make itself back quickly. XBL is pretty simple to understand, and you get a month's free trial. Yes, you have to pay for XBL, but I personally think it's worth it, because you can hook up with others very easily. What you can play where depends on the games themselves; some have offline co-op, some don't. Most games have online multiplayer in some form, and Microsoft says they all have to have online content of some form. And afaik the new generation of consoles don't have RRoD concerns, but that's no guarantee.

^Yeah, I know. I guess, I just wanted to make sure he knew.

Anyway, in these kinda convos its better to highlight the differentiating factors.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I can't speak about the 360 because i don't have one.
    But i can say i'm really pleased with my PS3 so far.First of all the PS3 is more reliable than the 360,it's completely silent,it has Blue-Ray,the playstation store demos and trailers are FREE,and it's software library is much more appealing to me than the 360's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Little Big Planet
    Gran Turismo 5
    Resistance 2
    Tekken 6
    Killzone 2
    Folklore
    Home
    Ratchet and Clank games
    White Knight Story
    God of War III
    The next game from Team Ico
    I would also add to that list,
    Uncharted
    Siren 3
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (aka Yakuza 3),although not yet localized...