absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^What exclusives are there for Xbox 360?
    Here's a list of 360 exclusives.
    Ahhh, thanks.

Yeah, that list doesnt really appeal to me. In fact, the only games Im genuinely interested in out of them are Lost Odyssey and Viva Pinata. Maybe Halo 3 as well. Maybe.
    The list doesn't appeal much to me, either But the 360 has benefits aside from exclusives - not to mention that there are differences between versions (Obvious example being DLC for GTA IV).

While the 360 will get DLC for GTA IV, the next GTA after IV is up in the air currently as to whether or not it will be multi-platform due to the low storage capacity of the dvd-9 and the lack of standard HDD for the 360 as stated by Sam Houser himself. It's up to MS if they want to work with R* on trying to get the next GTA to fit on the DVD-9:

Rockstar: GTA V Could Be Too Large for Xbox 360 ::: Kombo.com - Video Games, News, Zelda, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto, Mario, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GTA4 Sam Houser Interview from 1UP.com

If I were Sony, Id pay a ton of money to ensure that GTA V only came to the PS3.

But yeah, if I were a GTA nut I would be tempted to go for the extra stuff in the Xbox 360 version.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(Obvious example being DLC for GTA IV).
    ...Democratic Leadership Council?

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    (Obvious example being DLC for GTA IV).
    ...Democratic Leadership Council?
    Dick loving s actually.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

DownLoadable Content. The 360 is getting around 10 hours of extra stuff in the autumn, downloaded from Xbox Live.

If I were Sony, Id pay a ton of money to ensure that GTA V only came to the PS3.
    This is exactly what Microsoft did to ensure the exclusive DLC, and if I recall correctly, that set them back $50 million. I don't think either Sony or Microsoft can afford to do what you're suggesting.

^You never know. If there is already pressure to go Sony exclusive because the Xbox 360 cant handle a larger game then their asking price might be lower.

clicky clicky clicky

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Sony would have to stump up an absolutely ridiculous amount of money for them to get Rockstar to cut out such a large percentage of their sales. Really don't see it happening tbh.

Articles

I think what Sam Houser said has been blown out of proportion, to be honest.

Besides, you have to remember that 360 sales of IV were almost double those of the PS3. (Microsoft themselves put the figure at 60%).

Yeah, so think about it. If GTA V were PS3 exclusive, loads of people would buy PS3s and Sony would make a ton of money. So although it would cost a lot of money for them to make it exclusive, they could potentially get more in returns.

clicky clicky clicky

Articles

Yes, they could. All I'm saying is that the asking price for Sony would probably be higher than it would be for Microsoft because of the sales. Sony has to buy out 60% of the market, whereas Microsoft only has to buy out 40%.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really View Post
    after reading bolivars post, i sort of want a ps3 now =/
    Glad to hear it. If you do end up getting it, we should hit up some Metal Gear Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut
    While the 360 will get DLC for GTA IV, the next GTA after IV is up in the air currently as to whether or not it will be multi-platform due to the low storage capacity of the dvd-9 and the lack of standard HDD for the 360 as stated by Sam Houser himself. It's up to MS if they want to work with R* on trying to get the next GTA to fit on the DVD-9:
    This is going to be an important issue as R* is infamous for being a company that comes up with big ideas and loves implementing them into big games. They said the initial GTA IV map was going to include an adirondacks and catskills type feature. Like Sam Houser said, their games aren't going to be getting smaller, and if MS doesn't find a way to accomodate this, and there's really no way they could compared to Blu-Ray, I see one of two scenarios happening:

1) Two versions of GTA being released, a San Andreas-esque "big" experience on the PS3 and a more Vice City-like smaller city for the 360

or

2) GTA (insert locale here) being a PS3 exclusive.

Rockstar is in a position where they do not have to worry about sales - all they have to do is release a game and the tsunami of money follows. Out of the PS3's console-selling titles, GTAIV was the first one, so you can only imagine how the install base will be for the next release. Not only that, but many 360 owners also have a PS3, so it's not like their base is being sliced.

With their first attempt on the PS3, R* North brought the 360 to its limit. Looking at their past work, it's really hard to believe that they'd settle for more of the same.

Don't forget currently with the PS3 being behind in sales is another factor as to why GTA sold more on the 360, simply because it has more consoles out.

With MGS4 coming out, along with those 80GB bundles with it, the PS3 is likely to jump up in the number of sales. Same goes for when other PS3 exclusives start coming out.

In the end, I "Think" PS3 will either be close to, or even more sales, then the 360.

Assuming this happens, given Sam's statement I'd almost be positive GTA will be PS3 exclusive.

Mind you this is under the assumption that the PS3 sales go up that much, which I think is becoming increasingly likely.