Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Band

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Downloadable content also includes patches and the like for the game, the lag calibration may have been fixed (I think I remember hearing something about that). And of course, new songs.

I'm not going to buy this, but I guarantee I'll have a load of fun playing on my friends' copies. Even without the DLC this has a better soundtrack than any of the Guitar Hero games for me, and the variety of instruments means it ought to have tons of replay value. Apparently the guitar parts aren't as challenging as GHIII's, but that's not a problem for me since I suck at these games anyway.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

This game is awesome but I got burned out on it from playing so much. I was really impressed with the drums, though. The setup is extremely realistic, far better than playing a guitar with 5 buttons and a flapper.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I've yet to play it. No one at my Uni seems to have picked it up. That or they're just not telling me they have. My mate got the full set. To be honest, GH4's drum set looks a lot better and it may even come out on the Wii long before Rock Band ever does, so I may actually switch allegiances. Well done there Harmonix for shafting non-360 users in the UK, you just lost yourself a sale.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

At that price? They can smurf RIGHT off if they think they're getting that kinda dough from me.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    At that price? They can smurf RIGHT off if they think they're getting that kinda dough from me.
    And what's worse, now Guitar Hero is going the same way. ;>_> I liked last fall when people who wanted to spend the price of a PSP on one game could get Rock Band and everyone else (me) could get Guitar Hero.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing is, though, it's not like GH is gonna lock you out for not having the drums. You could play through all of Rock Band with just a guitar. So they're not really screwing you, so long as they offer the software as its own thing and don't force the guitar and drum kit bundle on you.

They do if you want to play more than half the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Well done there Harmonix for shafting non-360 users in the UK, you just lost yourself a sale.
    In the UK and the rest of Europe...

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Well I absolutely adore it, but I didn't have to pay for it, I have a big nerd of an older brother who does the buying I think games are becoming ludicrously expensive these days.

It's a change from all the songs on Guitar Hero 3 which I think I may have played to death, I've been on Rock Band every chance I can.

my neighbor is about to get it for her bday, and i am welcome to play it anytime i want!!!!!SWEET!!!!
    I LIKE THE COLOR BLUE!!!sammi

One of my friends had it pre-ordered since launch and ended up getting it about a week after it came out in the US. That night was probably the longest gaming session in which I've had the honor to be a part of, totaling 11 hours of non-stop jamming. Haven't really played it since then, but hell, that one night was fun.