Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWII Russia

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

WWII Russia

alright, i have to come up with a video/powerpoint on everything that Russia had to do with World War 2, my problem is.... i cant find any info! >_< i always find things on germany =/

so can you guys post everything you guys know what russia had to do with World War 2? or help me with some research? =/

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I know a lot of what Russia did just before World War II. But I guess thats not relevant.

All I know is that Hitler's big mistake was to invade Russia. The Hitlerians got frozen and they lost.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

Search for Staline, should help ^^ I can't remember much about Russia during the WW2 but I think they didn't do much!

thanks, i got some info on joseph staline

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

^Its 'Stalin' btw. There isnt an 'e' at the end.

I learnt all about Stalin's purges, and his attempts at collectivization. He went to extreme costs to modernise Russia. That helped when Hitler invaded. On the other hand, he killed millions of people for no valid reason at all.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

sweet, i take hes a big person in russia (should help my powerpoint lots )

anyone know how the world would be like if Hitler had won WWII?

or the mistakes and accomplishments Russia did during the war?

Blog Entries

Estaline was the greatest dictator Russia ever had! The guy was terrible and killed Trotsky If Hitler would have won the WW2 there'd be no jewish ever and we'd all have to have blonde hair and blue eyes! :rolleyes2 Now seriously good always win so don't think about what'd be if Hitler would win! It's like asking what if Devil would kill God... the answer is not good! ^^

Focus on ur power point work on the measures Stalin took. When I was in high school the only thing they taught us was what Stalin made and when it'd come to World War 2 they just teached us the battles and dates! ^^

lucky, our teacher makes us teach ourselves -.-

Blog Entries

We as well <_< they gave us documents and we had to analyse them. Try to find good documents on the Internet about Stalin! It'd be really nice if you had a piece of text that was from that time

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wikipedia article on the Eastern Front. Start there.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Search for Staline, should help ^^ I can't remember much about Russia during the WW2 but I think they didn't do much!
    That has got to be the biggest understatement ever if not an all out false statement, and furthermore, Stalin was not "good." Not only were they involved with a German NAP, they helped to attack Poland (which caused the UK and France to declare war), and later they managed the Eastern Front and got betrayed by Hitler, stopped the Germans in a large number of battles, sank the most casualties and losses of all participating nations, managed to not only defend against the Blitz, but turn it all the way around. After Normandy, staying in the war caused German to be involved in a two front war; after the losses in Africa and Italy, it was a three front war. They entered Berlin around the same time as the other Allied forces and were ready to help the States with the Pacific Theater (not that Stalin wanted to do much).

If you want to move into conjecture-land, they caused the loss of the Nazi regime in WWII, and were one of the reasons for using the Atomic Bomb on the Japanese. The reason for the use wasn't to "save troop lives," it was to impress the Soviets. Tokyo and several other cities had already gotten their faces owned by fire bombs and repeated raids, along with the island-hopping strategy devised. Shortages of supplies on the Japanese part were more than enough to finish the Pacific Front.

thanks tavrobel, now i have to change up my powerpoint a bit , but the eastern war helped alot

ummm, how would the world be like if RUSSIA had won the war? O_o

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really View Post
    ummm, how would the world be like if RUSSIA had won the war? O_o
    Russia did win the war. They checked the Allied Victory Box, along with the US, UK, France (lol), and every other Allied Power nation, and turned back the Eastern Front.

Blog Entries

Russia won a little of German! Could be worse :\

The main question I think would be what if Hitler would have won the war!

I do remember a document where a guy said that after a Stalin speach they all had to clap for more than half an hour like they clapped and clapped and clapped even if they were tired they had to keep clapping and of course one would be tired enought o stop clapping and then the police would take that man who stopped clapping first and arrest him!

Buy The Unknown War on DVD

(the link contains not only the buying links, but also information about the film)

A very good movie about WWII. Contains lots of documentary material and videos of that time.

And it's a shame to all of you (except for Tavrobel) that you know so little about WWII and role of Russia in it. Polaris, when I read your statement,
    I can't remember much about Russia during the WW2 but I think they didn't do much!
    I felt deeply offended. However, it's not your fault that someone from Russia got to read that. Avoid saying that if you ever get a talk about it with anyone related to Russia, okay?

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

Blog Entries

lol If I'd ask you what Salazar did you woulnd't know much either It's been 3 years since I studied the second world war and in fact we didn't study much about it, it just took us 90 minutes of it! We actually spent more time studying the politics and economy politics of Hitler and Stalin we found it more interesting here to find out what they did instead of war itself ^^ Like NEP the Collectivization etc ^^ oh and we also studied more then Cold War... so yeah all the facts I knwo from WW2 were from documentaries, more than school!