Thread: Better than Windows Movie maker?

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Better than Windows Movie maker?

anyone know a free video editer thats better than windows movie maker?

i want to learn how to do effects and such, and how to make the static noise+ picture effect!

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, there's not much* available that's feature-rich and free. Or, at least, not that I've checked for in recent years.

Jahshaka is an interesting program, though its funky interface is something I've never been able to get over to do anything with.

Avidemux is a fairly feature-rich linear video editor with a lot of filtering and effects available. You can't really mix and match and reorganize clips, though, because as I mentioned it's a linear video editor. Though for simple things it could be useful.

If you want to install Linux, my personal favorite free editing suite is Cinelerra. It's very powerful and full of useful features, but it's Linux-only.

Really, though, if you want to get into editing (and don't want to install Linux and try out some of its native programs), I would recommend getting something like Adobe Premiere Elements, which runs about $50-$60 and would likely have all that you'd need for solid video editing.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

virtualdub isn't free anymore? or is it not feature rich?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I forgot about VDub. I never really used it much, though, since it's mostly just filters, but I guess it's pretty similar to Avidemux in that aspect.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you don't mind coding lots of complex stuff in notepad or similar (I guess like writing javascript for web pages in a way), AviSynth is the most powerful I've come across, you can do all sorts of things like fades, merge videos, resize, stack videos on top of or next to or even over each other, change frame orders, change speed, videos inside videos and more. Plus you can find all sorts of filters to add to it to do different visual effects Use it together with VirtualDub to actually encode it's output to a file - Virtualdub's just for encoding since any filter that you can do in VirtualDub, you can do in Avisynth as well, since you can use virtualdub filters in avisynth
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

umm, i dont know if i should post another thread but, does anyone know how to reverse a video in windows movie maker?

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Auuuug, there's like...TWO WAYS...there's a program that you can download that will reverse your video, then you can import that into WMM.

what program?

I think there's an Avisynth filter that can do that but its name escapes me.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick