Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A little declaration of war

I can agree, to a certain extent. When I came here last autumn, everything was new and exciting, much as it always is when you're new to a message board. I remember my samurai avatar from FFT that I had, as well as the Ultros one, and how I admired you (Bleys), Drex, Del, NeX, and all the other rad veterans. xD Everything seemed much more (WARNING: excessive use of corny adjectives ahead!! You have been warned.) vibrant, lively.. and.. colorful? But hey, that's the way it always is when you're new to something. Every now and then, when I overcome my fear of being a newbie, and give in to the joys of being part of something completely new by signing up to a new message board, I get that feeling. I'll grant you that it's not as strong as when I joined EoFF, but it's always something. I can't promise you that I'll help you in your quest of reviving the old Eyeson all the time, since I'm not online that often anymore, but when I'm able to, I'll try.

*standing ovation*

Unfortunately, I was not around for these old days you talk about. For me the old days were back in January. I always seem to end up at a place just after the great times end, and just before the good times begin to go. But the good times left, and the stories of the great times, are enough to make me fall in love with a place. It's that way here, and a few other places. I really don't feel like mentioning them here, but I will say that at one of them I'm the only one left carrying the torch, and though a return to the old days is possible, it will take a herculean effort. I'm willing to help out the same here.

The point I'm trying to make is that you have me cheering you on. I know I can't feel quite the same you do, as I wasn't around for the 'Good ol' days', but perhaps a new good ol' days can be brought around. And then we can all see how it's supposed to be. I'll make it a point to look for your new threads and participate, and once I get the idea I may be able to come up with a few on my own. Good luck to you, Bleys!
    Sig under construction.

Unhappy

Yup yup, I wasn't here either for the Good Old Dayishs, but I'll wish Bleys Good Luck, for I would like to see what that MAGIC you speak so highly of is.

Yuff:mog:

Bleys:
    I understand you want to bring back the past but it's gone. Many of the people on this board might disagree with you that this place has lost it's spark.

I think its magic is stronger than anything else on this earth.

If I feel down, where do I go? If I have done something I'm proud of, who do I tell? If aliens have tried to abduct me, who do I laugh with? The answer to all of these questions is EoFF.

Just because it's not the same as it used to be does not mean it's no exciting. I love this place more than I do blinking (damn it, Helen - UK big brother-)!

The truth is you may make spammy threads and get de-adminned...but what is that going to do? Surely having your position taken away from you isn't going to make people feel better, it'll make things worse.

But on the other hand...

RAWK THESE BOARDS BLEYSIE!!!

Default Go Bleys!

For the first time since I came to EoFF I'm excited.

Gambatte.

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fight the Power Bley-*Shot by a Sniper*

Maybe its time to change some Stuff here, we need less posts in the Gen chat... We have to change something, bring new things. I joined in September andd I think its not even the same now. Some people post only in the Ffs forums, and some of these are really good people need an example? Koi Lung Fish, he post in the FF7 forum. If we bring some of them in the Gen Chat, it will be better.

Lock all the forums for a day and mark the posts as Read for everyone. This break might do something good...

I remember Drex! And the episode with his singing audition...and his stolen pencil bag. And what was his post count? About 4000? Where the frack is that guy anyway?

While you're at it, bring back Silverlocke and Emerald Aeris. They thoroughly disliked me, hehe...

Old days indeed *applauds Citizen Bleys*

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for your support. I'll do my best.

Starting tomorrow

I really should be getting ready for work instead of surfing the 'net.

Are you going to try getting some of the people back here again, in addition to.. uhm, 'Rocking the House'? xD

It can be done. I've done it myself in the past. It's all a matter of perseverance.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I say go for it - there's something about EoFF that makes it not as interesting as it was even 4 months ago, that's why I post around much less than I used to
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

We care.. I care

Bleys....I've been here I think summer of 2000, don't know whether that counts as the good old days but I think it did. I remember then, the memories were incredible, there was total happiness. It was my first to ever join a messageboard and I tell you it was bloodly amazing! All the la Orignal peeps were there and you all welcome me with open hearts and I loved you all since. Sure there were times of the rough and times of bloodly insanity but everyone was there for each other including you. You are one of keepers of the flame that keeps this place alive. Sure the past is gone but the memories are still there and look at the future of Eoff, it's teaming with activites never seen before, a new generation with old generation around to give advise. We've got embraced them to just how you all embraced me. A time will come when all the oldies will be gone and new line of Eoffians will take over to show off the wonderful magic we kept. Bleys don't leave now because this board constantly attracts people to join because that's how good our board is. I won't lie to you that one day I may drop out of the light f Eoff but I still will remember it enough to come back once in a while to check it out. Bleys if you do leave, I show all the emotion and hell to you if you want that!!:laugh: so now I say one word..

Stay...

(I bet that sound totally retarded to you)

The Rodarian of Knight(Knight of Nights)

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

*reads the first thread*

I'm gone? Damn...do you guys miss me? *looks around*

Anyways, irony aside, I really do hope you succeed Bleys. I remember EVERY staff member besides Sean thinking you were just a spammy cracker that should be disciplined. Heh, I had it up to here with Skydiving or whatever threads every-other day. LOL. It was fun. The times when Britt and Heero first came here...like Feb-April of '00. Those were the days.
    Hell, I might help you out a bit. I didn't nearly take over NUTs and SOCKs for nothin', ya know.

Jeez, about half of our Admn's/mod's have left us already.

*hands in resume*

You'd better stay CB, we need more people like you.
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

Twisted Heat

Originally posted by Rainecloud
    I agree with what you are saying Bleys. I too want the old EoFF back - The old EoFF of 9 months ago. I know some of you probably don't agree with me, but that's just my own personal opinion. EoFF was more fun back then.
    I want it back too! I think Bleys has a great idea! Lets bring back the old EoFF that everyone knows and loved...The FUN loving group...
    We bette have a new years party this year that will beat-out the 2k party!

Kawaii, what you mean the Otaku to excell? like do better than eyeson? I'm at that place too!