Thread: A little declaration of war

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Dr. Britt Syndrome...Hehe.

*remembers conversations in the Staff forum a while back where Britt wanted to have a mass-kill spree of all spammers*

Well, maybe it is appropriate.

May God have mercy on our souls. -Unney.

*remembers Bleys from EzBoard*

You may need more help than that.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Dammit NeX I'm not gone. I just don't feel like cleaning up after you people anymore. =O Heh. I don't see where people got the idea that I was gone. The longest I've gone in the last two years without checking these boards was a week and a half last summer, and half of that wasn't by choice.

And your idea...*gets shot by a sniper*
    goku

BOU! Well this people made it sound like you were long gone buddy, I've been back for 24 hours only But I'm glad you are here, you are a big incentive buddy, now get your butt to my welcome thread and post something!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Raistlin
    *remembers conversations in the Staff forum a while back where Britt wanted to have a mass-kill spree of all spammers*
    I did not! xP

Ed, as far as I'm concerned, you can take your twisted little nitpickings and whine to someone who cares. I'm not under the impression that we do.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"We gotta take the power back"

Let rip with the sillyness; release the hounds of stupidity and lets just have some damn fun...

In my short time here, I've had fun, but nothing that could really let me rip with my stoned insanity... now the revolution has come, the world has turned full circle and now is time to break free and mock all that we wish; cast the chains of seriousness asunder and laugh as you have never done so before... we're born, we die; we might as well enjoy the bit in the middle... and goddamn it, I'm gonna enjoy it as much as I damn well please...

Bleys, lead us into battle...

"F*@k you, I won't do what ya tell me
    F*@k you, I won't do what ya tell me
    F*@k you, I won't do what ya tell me
    F*@k you, I won't do what ya tell me"
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I was only kidding about the "God have mercy on our souls" thing. It's called sarcasm. I don't think you realize what Bleys is capable of. I'm getting a mental image of a jar full of snot and Bleys urinating in a cat's litterbox. *shudder*

If Sean had stayed around, things would've been better. But we just have to make do with what's / who's availible, right? If any of you think that EoFF is crap now, and I'm the reason, I apologize.

Anyways, we should prepare for what Bleys has in store. I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Originally posted by Dr Unne
    I don't think it's going to be pretty.
    Maybe not, but it sure as hell is gonna be funny!
    I'm over there! *points* See?

Unne you brought me here and I think highly of you, and if I'm back here is because you and the others are holding this place together.

I don't think EoFF is crap because of you, I think EoFF is not a complete waste of web space because of you and the others, otherwise I wouldn't even touch this place with a stick.

I have a similar yet totally different story....I had just come from a message board that I had spent 10 months as a moderator. I loved that place, back when it had only about 25 forums and maybe 1500 members. It grew and grew over the next few months until it had over 50 forums, 5000+ members and plenty of trash-talking ignorant retards, including some moderators, who made me cry everytime i tried to moderate my particular forum. EoFF was a relief to me. I joined in late January, right before a server change. I remember seeing Drex with a huuuge post count, over 4000. Everyone was a family, there were posts in the Gen. Chat about people hooking up, with plenty of oohs and ahhs to accompany it. The first and only good EoFF prom occured, and this place actually had some magic to give me.

EoFF has seemed to decline since i first join, and i only pop on every now and then to check up on topics that seem worth the effort. The other message board that I originally went to (vgf.net) is finally returning to its old state, even though it is nearing 10,000 members and is on the verge of collapse from monetary problems. I guess the point that i'm trying to make is that message boards are like life, some people come and go and never change a thing, and some leave footprints in our hearts and we are forever changed. There are high points and low points to everything, its a cycle that never ends (I sound like a Halmark card and a Girl Scouts song now) But eventually everything will work itself out again, and those rough times will make it all that much better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think post counts would help this place become what it used to be >=D (well, at least, when it was the UBB and Drex/Linus arrived).

Hey, I just think this place has got too many rules. It's become some kind of conference place, purely for discussion. How many forums do you see that are purely for discussion? And then, there's the spam. People say that they've come back to see a lot of spam. Sure, there's some. But in the old days, it was more acceptable coz everyone knew the people doing it. Like "I just got 2000 posts! Woo!" and everyone said "Yay!" and after 30 replies, it was closed. That was fine.

Also, the chatroom. It's... lacking all the older people. Del, Chicky, Scottie, Kishi, BOU... they all go there. Bleys? Nope. Sean? Nope. Half the mods? Nope. I rarely see Britt or Asorie, if ever. Unne never has, so yeah. Messengers are fine, but for this place to be one big magic family, you've got to get to know the NEW people too. That's life on the net.

I'm done.

*goes off to earn his nominations for Best Spammer*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I think post counts only promote spam, people lose the status of newbie with time, not post count.

As for everything else, yeah, I guess I agree with pretty much everybody here...except a certain "Alphabet dude"

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Having read most of what's been written, I've come up with a theory... Basically, the younger a forum, in conjunction with the fewer people, the more fun it is... but if it becomes too popular, and as it grows old, it becomes less fun and more rule-dominated...

Back in the (purportedly) good-old-days, EoFF membership was small, whilst the people here didn't really give a crap what they said coz' they didn't really have anyone to feel responsible for... but as it has grown, more and more young people have joined, and the older members have either had to change with the times and be more responsible, or have got bored and left...

Having thought about this, I'm not sure it's possible to resurrect the EoFF of old... the only way to do so is to either start a whole new site, or create a forum that only allows people of a certain age in... either way, it just ain't EoFF...

I feel kinda sad for I shall never know the EoFF of old...

EoFF is dead, long live EoFF
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see, when I first joined EoFF, it was an "Spam-All-You-Want" Kinda Place where anything goes and there is practically no chance of threads getting closed or deleted other than if it is anything against the forums, because there wasn't as many members as there is now, and it was basically a place where people join by word of mouth. Now, I see it that people get here daily by the hundreds, and it's becoming more of a stricter place, but not really too strict, we had our original leader gone due to personal reasons, and all the madness from the original EoFF has disappeared, but only a few had survived. EoFF is changing, and we adapted to the changes, and it might not for the best of the interests of the few, but for the many to come, EoFF will be seen as a good place.... Either that or I'm just rambling.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Bleys, you already know my thoughts on the issue, but let me just say that I'm with you all the way on this. If you're banned, then I'm going down with you.

Just...please...don't post pictures of your crotch again. *convulses*

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The reason being able to spam more and loosening will not work, as some of you want, is because there's too many members. And only some of you have lives. As far as I know, Sean still has top pay for this space.

EDIT: Hi, I mean spam forums. Besides, we'd look like all those other forums who have them, and would be classified as copycats. Now....since this debate is going nowhere with me in it.