Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default A little declaration of war

I very nearly made a very large mistake.

read this first. This was the first thing I wrote to address the void that was growing inside of me, along with some of the replies I got from the people at FFL. I originally typed that up for posting at the Callahan's Place forum at Bastardly, but that's a private forum, so you can't see the replies I got there, although what Phoenix and Chickencha said there made a big difference to me.

Now read this.. I logged on tonight to post this. Fortunately, I guess, I decided to check the forums first. What Phoenix and Chickencha said, combined with Unne's timely return, which blows my original theory out of the water, have made me decide that leaving would be a big mistake.

Chickencha said that he thought I could make a difference here. I bloody well mean to try. I'm going to bring the magic back if I have to destroy my immortal soul to do so. This is what's going to drive me from now on. The magic will return, because, by God, I'm NOT running away anymore. I'm going to go on fighting for EoFF, no matter what it takes.

This means you can look forward to a lot of silly posts. The mods will be closing them, I can promise that. It might make Britt, Asorie, and Scottie de-admin me. Yes, they can do that. It might even wind up with me being banned. No matter the price, I mean to have the magic back. I can be defeated, but I won't give up.

So take your best shot now. Flame me, make fun of me, threaten me, whatever you want. I'm waiting and watching. I'm not just doing this for EoFF. I'm doing it for me. Go ahead. Call me selfish. Call me hypocrite. Do your worst. If you've ever wanted to take a shot at Citizen Bleys, now's your chance. You have my permission.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

*gasps*

well... all I have to say to you is...

ROCK THE ESTABLISHMENT!!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm part of the establishment. I don't want to bring the house down, I want to bring it back to life.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
    I'm part of the establishment. I don't want to bring the house down, I want to bring it back to life.
    yeah, I'm just very tired at the moment... I'm not even thinking before I post, it's just something I do from time to time

Well, if you really think you can do it, I will wear this silly hat to support you.

It's not helping? Well, good luck with your non silly hat plan.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

...please read your private messages, Bleys.

What big things occur whilst one scribes a heartfelt message...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I agree with what you are saying Bleys. I too want the old EoFF back - The old EoFF of 9 months ago. I know some of you probably don't agree with me, but that's just my own personal opinion. EoFF was more fun back then.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

This EoFF is tolerable, good enough to keep me around indefinitely, but I would like back the EoFF of 14 months ago. BOU was an admin, and Cid & co. would post while drunk, and Drex was such a dastardly spam whore, and Bleys was turning out new Frig chapters regularly in the Fan Art/Fan Fiction forum, and edczxcvbnm was this close to getting banned, and...I dunno. It was good.

*awaits Otaku Excell*

i kinda agree too, i mean, EoFF seemed to haf changed for quite a long time...... n no offense, the change goes a lil downwardz..... it sorta made me lose interest in EoFF for some time...... anywayz, i'll most probably support u in this thingy......... gd luck mate........

Default Hmm

I've said it before that my first two or three months here were most enjoyable (Dec 2000 - Feb 2001), and I haven't really been able to give reasons for it. Maybe it was because everything was new and all that, as EoFF was my first Fora and really is my only one.
    Maybe it just doesn't feel the same anymore because you can see the same threads repeated every few months or so, and it feels like you just replied to a thread like that yesterday? Also, you mentioned how much it hurts when all these people who were in here in your "old times" hurts. The Fora is all about these people, and when they leave it can feel a bit melancholy remembering how nice it was when they were around.

I have no idea how old times are you talking about. You have been in here heck of a longer than I, but when I joined here (mid December), I noticed you from your silly threads and I enjoyed them quite a lot. I don't know how much they had to do with the fact that my newbie days in here have been the best, ya know??
    But to me personally, it could bring back a bit of that old (to me ) feeling, the newbie days feeling. And I'm not saying this only because I want this "feeling"; I enjoyed and enjoy your threads and post. I love EoFF evethough it might have changed a bit.

So, I'll be looking forward to see lots and lots of threads and posts from you Bleys. Good luck, and I'm sure it'll rock the place ("rock" in a good way, of course).
    Last edited by Mikztsu; 11-25-2001 at 11:20 AM.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Rei

I don't think it's healthy to become so attachted to a message board that you receive a 'gaping void' if you leave it, or even contemplate leaving it.
    It's just wrong.

And launching a one-man crusade to return said message board to its 'glory days' is beyond me.

Idiocy abounds.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Originally posted by Rei
    I don't think it's healthy to become so attachted to a message board that you receive a 'gaping void' if you leave it, or even contemplate leaving it.
    It's just wrong.
    So why did you come back?

Rei

1. To piss my family off
    2. I couldn't stand to make fun of people only at school

1. To piss my family off \-Rei
    2. I couldn't stand to make fun of people only at school /- Rei

xD

Well, not having been around during the magical days of old, I will have to take your word for the fact that it was fun.

I do however think that Unne has done a great job while he was here, and admire him for his dedication and fairness.

I do agree that the threads get too serious sometimes and think it would be nice to have some that were a wee bit more fun. I don't think we should do away with the others though as I think that some very valuable exchanges have taken place there. It is great when people with wildly divergent points of view can come together in a safe environment and exchange their ideas. I think this promotes tolerance.

Good luck in your quest to restore the magic. This should be interesting.
    If you love something, set it free.
    If it comes back to you, it's yours.
    If it doesn't, it never was.