Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: But wait, there's more~

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default But wait, there's more~

"For the low low price of $19.99, you can get our < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, a SECOND < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, our bathroom version of < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, and our car version of < insert same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! Now you can go everywhere and have < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! Remember, you get our < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, a SECOND < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, our bathroom version of < insert the same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>, and our car version of < insert same seemingly useful but actually useless item here>! That's a value of up to $90 dollars, but it's YOURS for $19.99 (shipping and handling not added). To order, visit our website at www/.< insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>79.com or call (555) 555-5555. That's (555) 555-5555. Operators are standing by. Must be 18 or older to order. Remember, that's (555) 555-5555. Call now!"

Topic: Have you ever sat through an infomercial?
    Topic 2: Have you ever bought a < insert seemingly useful but actually useless item here>?

I've never bought anything, but I did watch this infomercial for a device that gets the wrinkles out of ANY FABRIC!!!!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes. Ron Popeil is a genius, especially when you're less than ten years old and Saturday morning cartoons just started to suck horribly. We bought one of the older models of the Showtime Rotisserie. We used it once, though we had planned on using it more; now it serves more purpose toward my cousins, who do know how to cook using it.

I've watched countless infomercials, but I've never ever bought anything.. and I never will either. For some reason some of them are just neat to watch

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

JML bitches!

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love infomercials! It's so fast and nifty and everything sounds more incredible than it really is.

Happy Birthday to Me

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I watched infomercials every summer until 4am when I was a teenager. When you see Ron Popeil and go 'YAY' there's something wrong with you.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Use to sit through them at 4am in work as a security guard.

Most pointless useless ever is sold on some of those tv channels. I sat for half an hour watching an advertisement abouta vegetable dicer.

WUT>?
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

there was once an infomercial on at about 1:30-2 am about this thing that is a vaccum cleaner that operates itself. I didnt get to see it but my mom and big brother did. They said it fell over and then kept going in circles. Obviously, it wasn't supposed to happen because the people on the commercial were kind of freaking out..I can't help but laugh at those things.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I probably would have if I would have had a credit card when I was younger, more naîve, and watched infomercials.

Infomercials make me giggle.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anytime there's an infomercial about weight loss pills and stuff like that, I'll be glued to it for an hour, and ready to call up. It drives me nuts!

Guess who's back....back chaos_ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckie View Post
    I've never bought anything, but I did watch this infomercial for a device that gets the wrinkles out of ANY FABRIC!!!!
    I think we're talking about the same product and if we are, I was five seconds away from buying it!

Thanks to Owen McWare for the sig. This sig is staying up forever no matter what.

Blog Entries

I once watched one that sold... clothes pegs. Yes, normal everyday clothes pegs. 'A new inovative invention that can hold your clothes in just about every situation. And it can be used for other things too'
    I just sat through the whole thing expecting to hear some kind of new feature in them, or an improved design, but nope, they were just standard basic, clothes pegs.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

i can sit through ones like the rotissary bbq and certain other things
    we actually have the dehydrator havent used it in ten-twelve years though really dont need fruit chips.
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???