0 0%
  • Other (I'm open to suggestions)

0 0%

Thread: Atelier Iris or Wild ARMs

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default Atelier Iris or Wild ARMs

Seeing as how I've only played one game a piece from the two series (Mana Khemia and Wild ARMs 5) and found the both very awesome, I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. One of the major selling points would be the music (I loved the guitars in Mana Khemia) or the Desert Punk setting of Wild ARMs. I heard Wild ARMs 4 is more Sci-Fi though. So what do y'all think?

How can you make me decide such a thing? :cry2:

Well, since Nikki is REALLY hot, and Muppy is one of the greatest evil/funny characters ever, I'm going to go with Mana Khemia.

Though it should be known, Mana Khemia is a Spinoff series of Atelier Iris, not one of the main. Theres also going to be a Mana Khemia 2 in Japan, though I've not heard of an american release for it.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    How can you make me decide such a thing? :cry2:

Well, since Nikki is REALLY hot, and Muppy is one of the greatest evil/funny characters ever, I'm going to go with Mana Khemia.

Though it should be known, Mana Khemia is a Spinoff series of Atelier Iris, not one of the main. Theres also going to be a Mana Khemia 2 in Japan, though I've not heard of an american release for it.
    Oh yea that's true, but I have heard Pamela has been in Atellier Iris games and she was my favorite character in Mana Khemia

Totally agree with you Muppy=Win.

He is no where near the Win you think he is if you haven't seen all the Muppy events.

Mana Khemia is Love, hardcore love. I'm trying to do all the Niiki events, cause I agree ωith Cracker. Though, I don't like the ωhole no levels thing, it makes grinding harder to an extent.

Out of ωild arms and Atellier Iris though, I'd go ωild arms.

FFXIV Character

If anyone's curious I got Wild Arms 3. I forgot how quiet games without voice acting are. I'm not really sure who to asign mediums to.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't say I was totally impressed with the AI series, the alchemy is fun especially with the shop system but everything else just seemed so "cookie cutter JRPG" I ended up getting to the damn forbidden city (the one your characters keep going on and on about) of the first game and lost all interest cause the game takes forever to get to the predictable bloody point. My friend who lent me the game was shocked when I told him what I thought was going to happen and I turned out to be mostly right. Course this is just me judging one game in the series so I have no where to talk but it overall but it was enough for me to lose interest. I cannot fathom the appeal of this series (or the Tales series)

Wild ARMS is another story, while its plots are also pretty predictable JRPG fodder, it has enough unique elements in its gameplay and combat system to keep me interested. I only played the first 3 games though, and decided to reire it after the third installment cause it basically wiped out most of the unique fun elements the series was known for. For me Wild ARMS quality declines the farther you get in the series. The first one is surprisingly good, the second is good but pointlessly changes a few elements and the third is mediocre while doing more pointless changes... I didn't bother playing the fourth installment cause it wiped out most of the series major elements and might as well be a new series altogether.:rolleyes2

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

I havent really gotten to play AI yet. I WANT to, but i'm not sure where i should start. I do love Wild ARMS though. Ive played ot from the start...i do really need to get 5 though...<3
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~