Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia trailer (DS)

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

clicky-clicky on the first link posted, it's right next to the gameplay trailer's tiny window.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    Man, they're putting Balthier in everything now days!

New cutscene style is nice but the in-game footage makes it look like every other handheld Castlevania game.
    As shallow as it seems, the anime artstyle really turned me off the other DS Castlevania games, even if they were basically only used for faces during conversations. It was just hard to take it seriously. This new stuff seems less like an attempt at making it into Saturday morning cartoon fare. I might actually be pretty interested in buying this one.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    And it would be 'difficult' to sell a 'Classic Style' Castlevania until IGA leaves the company, or he gets convinced otherwise :P The PSP got Rondo of Blood, which is a classic game, but I think most people got that in order to play SotN off of it.
    Igarashi is probably the one man who would most want to make another game in the style of Castlevania III or Rondo of Blood. It just can't be done, because it wouldn't sell as well as the current style of game, which is just barely keeping the series financially afloat as it is.

Anyway, this game looks like a wildly mixed bag. A bit better-looking than Portrait, probably, but that's not saying much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    As shallow as it seems, the anime artstyle really turned me off the other DS Castlevania games, even if they were basically only used for faces during conversations.
    It's not shallow at all. The kid-friendly anime influence of Dawn and Portrait went far beyond characters' faces and directly affected the tone of the dialogue and overall plot. See Dawn with its goofy romance subplot and Saturday morning "everybody laughs at once" ending, or Portrait with its ridiculous "NO PROBLEM n_n" and "I AM NOT A CHILD >=|" banter.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm looking forward to this game even more now. It look pretty awesome and it's a nice change of pace to have female main character too.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Looks very good and I'll certainly buy it when it comes out. I didn't mind the anime style of the previous DS games too much. Didn't like them as much as the older styles, but I was never bothered by them terribly. Really looking forward to it. Though I never did finish Julius mode in DoS...
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    clicky-clicky on the first link posted, it's right next to the gameplay trailer's tiny window.
    Oh, thanks. I should have clicked there instead of assuming it was a Youtube link to the trailer >_<

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Can't get enough of these games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I thought Dawn of Sorrow was absolutely amazing and is probably one of the most fun games I've ever played. Unfortunately, I missed out on the GBA games and haven't gone back and emulated them, so the freshness of the gameplay system certainly helped. Of course, I've played SotN, but I hadn't exhausted myself with the metroidvanias yet. Portrait of Ruin didn't do much for me; it was pretty fun, but not nearly so much as its predecessor.

I have high hopes this one will be an improvement.

I love Castlevania games, so I'm probably going to get this game.
    I loved the the art style from the GBA Castlevania's. Cirlcle of the Moon is my favorite by far. Can't wait for this.
    Anon say I. Photobucket