Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario RPG Goes to the Virtual Console in Japan in June. Is NA next?

Default Super Mario RPG Goes to the Virtual Console in Japan in June. Is NA next?

IGN: Super Mario RPG Goes Virtual in Japan

June looks like it's going to be another packed month for Virtual Console fans over in Japan. Nintendo announced today the lineup for the coming month, and leading it off are such big RPG hits as Super Mario RPG and Phantasy Star 4.

In all, the June lineup has fourteen titles. Here's the full list. Unless otherwise noted, all games are set for an undisclosed point this month.

Famicom (NES)
    Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa (Konami, June 3, 500 WiiPoints)
    Transformers Convoy no Nazo (Taraka Tomy, 500)
    Chou Nekketsu Dodge Ball (Arc System Works, 500)
    Yoshi's Cookie (Nintendo, 500)

Super Famicom (SNES)
    Super Mario RPG (Nintendo, 900)

Master System
    Asyura (Sega, June 3, 500)

Mega Drive (Genesis)
    Phantasy Star IV (Sega, 700)

PC Engine (Turbo Grafx)
    Power Tennis (Hudson, June 3, 600)
    Lords of Thunder (Hudson, 800)
    Paranoia (Naxat Soft, 600)
    Blazing Lasers (Hudson, 600)

Neo Geo
    King of the Monsters (D4, June 4, 900)
    Ninja Commando (D4, 900)
    Art of Fighting 2 (D4, 900)
    EDIT - Sorry posted in wrong forum ><

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

If you posted it in the right one, I'd have never seen this. This is awesome!

I never got into the original much. I never figured out much of the appeal. I thought it was an interesting idea but failed experiment. Nice that people like it so much though. Just wish it had been a little different

Seeing it finally show up for European release would be nice >=o

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They'd have to jack up the price by 100 Wii points, though, for the... uh... localisation, and stuff! In fact you'll get it in three years, because of that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Are you really sure about that? The game had already been localised once. I still have my SNES copy so I'm not really excited like the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I never got into the original much. I never figured out much of the appeal. I thought it was an interesting idea but failed experiment. Nice that people like it so much though. Just wish it had been a little different
    I feel exactly the same way.

I think Phantasy Star IV is what everyone should be excited about, one of the best RPG's ever (alongside PSII which I think is already on VC). What interests me the most are the Neo Geo games they are putting out. Even the cheap ones go for around £20, your getting a nice discount on the VC. It would be funny if what got me to buy a Wii wasnt Wii games but rather Neo Geo games released on the VC.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NeoGeo ports are worth it just for Metal Slug, which came out last week on VC. I plan on getting it soon. Friggin' love that stuff.

Metal Slug Anthology should be pretty cheap by now, though. I think it's like $20 at my local Wal-Mart.

Blog Entries

Releasing Metal Slug on the VC is a silly idea, after Metal Slug Anthology has been released. Of course, the VC Versions are "more true" to the originals. In MSA, most mechanical enemies don't flash when you shoot them, but in the VC Version, they do flash. Also, the only control method on MSA that doesn't use motion control in any way is the GCN Controller, but then you're using an Analog Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I feel exactly the same way.

I think Phantasy Star IV is what everyone should be excited about, one of the best RPG's ever (alongside PSII which I think is already on VC). What interests me the most are the Neo Geo games they are putting out. Even the cheap ones go for around £20, your getting a nice discount on the VC. It would be funny if what got me to buy a Wii wasnt Wii games but rather Neo Geo games released on the VC.
    For some reason I could never quite enjoy the RPG's where you see the battles from behind your characters. Not quite sure what it is. I like to see my characters fighting, rather than just a sword swipe in the air over the enemy or something. Even FFI battles I enjoyed more than that, just seeing them flail their weapons. Sadly, yes, this was enough to put me off from the games.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Now I kind of regret that I paid thirty-five dollars for a SMRPG cartridge that's missing half of its label.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    For some reason I could never quite enjoy the RPG's where you see the battles from behind your characters. Not quite sure what it is. I like to see my characters fighting, rather than just a sword swipe in the air over the enemy or something. Even FFI battles I enjoyed more than that, just seeing them flail their weapons. Sadly, yes, this was enough to put me off from the games.

THE JACKAL
    Thats a shame, but I understand. I couldnt enjoy Phantasy Star I as much as the others because you couldnt see your character at any time. Only a small nag for an otherwise great game.

Good stuff good stuff.

Super mario rpg is freakin awsome!
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post

THE JACKAL
    Thats a shame, but I understand. I couldnt enjoy Phantasy Star I as much as the others because you couldnt see your character at any time. Only a small nag for an otherwise great game.
    yes and no for me. Considering battling is a big part of the game, and the fact that it would bother me everytime I went into battle... I just couldn't get into the games. Trust me, I've tried.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9